England Premiership Soccer - 23/24/25

I already hit Everton pk (-124) as I'll be out of town the end of this week. I can't see West Brom hanging with them this week, as Everton will be hungry for points after a heart breaking disappointment last week.
I'm actually still looking at o2.25 on the United/Pompey game....I'll have afew thoughts on that one probably this weekend. I need to see who is available this week, although I have to assume Tevez will be there.

Looks like some good matchups this week.

blackburn -1, newcastle -0.5, aston villa ml and chelsea -1 are what stood out to me.

this week is absolute shit in terms of value.

Blackburn -1? Since when has that happened, that is a complete overreaction to their performance against Everton how were absolutely pathetic.

Newcastle is worth a nibble however I'm not too sure if Utd played like crap or Newcastle played well enough to deserve the points. Ray want your input on that one please.

Bah I should of played Villa when they opened around the high 1.90ish now there is no value. They tend to have a way to mess things up against the easiest of oppositions.

I already hit Everton pk (-124) as I'll be out of town the end of this week. I can't see West Brom hanging with them this week, as Everton will be hungry for points after a heart breaking disappointment last week.
I'm actually still looking at o2.25 on the United/Pompey game....I'll have afew thoughts on that one probably this weekend. I need to see who is available this week, although I have to assume Tevez will be there.

Disagree with the Everton play. Infact there is no point playing this game because both clubs are not that good at the current moment. However, WBA did play fairly decent against Arsenal, the Gunners did have a lot of chances though. Everton are on the down mate and if you think traveling is going to make it easier then GL to you because WBA have been quite a nuisance at home in the Championship and eve in the EPL.

In terms of the over....Utd are lacking the offensive fire power. Last season here are the results of Pompey vs the Big 4 at Fratton Park

1-1 vs Man Utd
0-0 vs Arsenal
0-0 vs Liverpool
1-1 vs Chelsea

As you can see Pompey step it up big time against the big boys at home. Also based on last season's result, out of 19 home games 12 of them had a clean sheet so it was either 0-0, 1-0 or 2-0.

Also Harry Redknapp has a knack of making a positive response after a defeat. It's de ja vu again because the 2nd game of the season for both clubs was well against each other and that finished 1-1.

Lets face it, Utd will start slow again, without Ronaldo or a healthy Wayne Rooney they do not have a lethel attack.

So I'm not too sure how how the o2.25 even sticks out.

here are my thoughts on the Everton game. They came out dead flat in the first half and were clearly outplayed. However, they showed a good deal of resilience and got the lead, a lead they bumbled away, sure. As I mentioned, they need points, and this is a club that came in 5th place last year, and is pretty much the same club as last year. I like this Everton side quite a bit this year, and when I see them playing against a club that will struggle to stave off relegation at what I deem a fair price, I'll take a shot. I'm not too happy to be on the road, sure, but again, I think worst case here is a draw. As far as WBA against Arsenal last week, well if that is a decent game, it's going to be a long season. They were outpossessed nearly 2-1. They were outshot 28-5. And while they did have one or two good strikes at goal, they were very easily handled all game long.
I don't think Everton can be counted out after one poor performance. It's long season, I'll take a shot with them here.

Chelsea had 4 goals, and rightfully could have had 6 or 7 goals! I don't think the home field is going to cure all ills here. I can definitely see why you could lean under, as you have to assume it will take a number of matches for the cohesion of the offense to gel, particularly with Crouch back in the mix. However, United was pitiful in their first match, and still had a lot of scoring chances. Tevez back over Campbell is pretty much going from a Chevy Malibu to a Rolls Royce in terms of class of talent....and I'm not that big a Tevez guy. The midfield last week was awful, with Nani on suspension, Hargreaves out for another month or so, and Carrick going out was the worst....but I have to think that another weak of Rooney getting fit and getting Tevez back is going to help a lot here. There was no offensive cohesion between Rooney and anyone else out there last week. Furthermore, with the weak midfiled play, United's possession was a shell of it's normal self, and a Newcastle side without Vidulka and Owen was able to press and get chances left and right. I think Portsmouth will be able to do the same, as United is susceptible right now. I can very easily see a 2-1, 3-1 game here. Of course, I can definitely see a strong argument for the under too, which is why I haven't played anything yet, I would like to see how United intends to lineup this coming week.

I do agree with your previous post, Mike, that this week offers little in terms of value. I'll probably play against Newcastle this week as I think they are overvalued due to their showing last week vs United. Newcastle's repeatedly gives away possession in poor parts of the field and this is going to cost them dearly.

We shall see. It's early in the week yet :cheers:

spiderman gutierez is gonna be a star for newcastle. dude was all over the place against man utd, who are one of the best defending teams in the world.

everton were shit on the weekend, but blackburn dominated that game for the majority of the match. and hull without frazier this season are gonna struggle like crazy especially on the road. and i like what ince is doing at blackburn.

Do not lay 1.25 with Liverpool, not yet. I think they will progress as time goes by but so far they have shown a lot of determination but were quite poor at finishing, at one point at Stadium of Light Keane and Torres collided in what looked like a great chance deflected off S'land's GK...

just a heads up from a Liverpool FC fan.

Definitely like the chance for Magpies to net 3pts vs Bolton. After adding Spiderman and Guthrie this summer, the midfield is a lot better than last season. And Coloccini at the back, will definitely help Steven Taylor to learn and form a gr8 partnership between them. Once again Owen will likely miss out this Sat. We need Owen or Viduka to be fit to get goals.

Martins is better than Owen and Viduka.

But you're rite, the addition of Coloccini and Spiderman are exactly what Newcastle needed.

I played them -0.5 for 1.90 at the Greek today, as I have a feeling that line will go down by Friday, when I usually make my bets.

Ended up playing the following:

Newcastle -0.5
Blackburn-Chelsea ML parlay
Coventry City -0.5

Decided to lay off Villa. There's no doubting that they are the better side, but with this being Stoke's first home match of the season, coming off a hard fought promotion and the Gareth Barry transfer bull still going on, I decided to say no thanks phillip banks.

Back