Engineered Picks

Engineer

Pretty much a regular
Rare post for me on this lazy Sunday. Reasoning for each of my plays today below, hoping it brings some good luck and helps all who happen to wander into the thread.

901 ARZ Diamondbacks -110
Snakes starter Godley with some ugly surface stats but skills nonetheless. Reds starter Finnegan is a gascan facing a very capable ARZ offense today. Hard-luck series thus far for ARZ against a pedestrian Cinci team. Amazingly, the DBacks have a winning record on the road this year. Betting they pick up another in the Sunday matinee.

905 PHI Phillies +134
Live doggy here with stud Velasquez taking the mound. Facing another nice young talent in Taillon who took a liner off the noggin last time out but OK physically. Mentally? We'll see. Both teams with weak offenses and B-grade lineups going today. Pirates bullpen has seen a lot of work lately, so may be in some trouble if Taillon can't put together several good innings. I'll take the price and give it a go.

909 MIL Brewers +136
Guerra having a great year for the Brew Crew. Facing the overrated Cubbies who are batting 0.000 against him in 13 ABs. Brewers hitting well lately and batting 0.333 against Lester, again in limited ABs (30). Braun and Lucroy in the lineup so I'll take back the tag and hope the home team comes through.

924 HOU Astros -165
Auto-fade of TimmyJim for the Halos, who just doesn't have it anymore. Extra motivation for Stros starter Fiers as his last 2 starts have been rough and may be fighting for his spot in the rotation. Big price but Astros own the Angels (won last 10 matchups) and should tee off here.

926 KC Royals -115
Cheap price on home team roster with a championship pedigree against the scuffling Rangers. Volquez has put together a few good starts in a row while A.J. Griffin starting to show some cracks.

Last edited:
2-3 (-1.15) yesterday, both doggies had leads late but lost by 1 run each

Last edited:
Monday 7/25:

964 Houston Astros -150 x4
Gut feeling here - Stros mashing and Yankees deflated a bit from beginning a selloff?

967 Colorado Rockies +150
951 Philadelphia Phillies +135
955 Arizona Diamondbacks +112
961 Oakland Athletics +115

All live doggies facing very questionable starters, will take a stab for 1x each

Back