End of the Dumbavan Era?

J Galt

Everyone's got a price.....
Is this finally it for my least favorite QB of all time not named 'Daunte Culpepper'? I blame McNabb for a lot of things, not the least of which is all but killing my interest in the NFL as I simply cannot root for a loser like him and his butt-buddy Andy Reid (and I'm a diehard Iggles fan, ask Joe Public). Although Kevin Kolb looks awful right now and will not lead Philly to a win in this game, I think enough is enough. I said last year that him or Andy had to go, it was time, but nothing changed, and not surprisingly this supremely talented team is going to be a disappointing 5-5-1 heading down the stretch.

What does everyone think? The organization still loses a lot of money on him if they let him go now, but does anyone else think that Lurie just needs to suck it up and make the change that this team needed after they blew the Super Bowl game?

Last edited:
2nd down & inches at the goal line & f...in reid calls a throw play!!!!!unreal......mcflab & ried have to both go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donovan was the reason I quit being an Eagles fan - I literally tore the Bobby Hoying jersey off my body.

And he take cake that clueless fat f#ck Andy and his criminal junkie kids with him, I'll drive them to the airport.

Put McNabb in a mother fucking dress. Dude acts like a bitch in the pocket, scared to get hit 'n shit and don't get me started on that obese fuckwad and 'Father of the fucking year' candidate Andy Reid, asshole fucked up any chance for Kolb to make it as an NFL quarterback in the league by killing every ounce of mojo the little fucker had today with his bullshit playcalling...

Grab a snickers bar Lurie and drop both of these fools a.s.a fucking p...

:nono:

But what do you guys think? Is this the end for Dumbavan? Will he be in a Bears jersey this time next year? And does Fat Andy get another year before Lurie has to pull the plug (you know he doesn't want to)? It's really tough to watch this team right now, they're absolutely loaded at every spot on the field except for QB and OL (where they're still not that bad) and they are going to end up with a losing record. Enough is enough, I think, Lurie should keep Andy as GM (where he has done a great job) and find a new HC, someone who knows how to manage the game on the field.

I'm sick of seeing McNabb treated like the scapegoat for all of the Eagles mishaps. Other than Westbrook, he has played with zero weapons for virtually his own career. I'd like to see which other qb's could carry the likes of Freddy Mitchell and Todd Stinkston to the Superbowl.

The blame should be placed on management for not upgrading the offense and wasting draft picks on mediocore players on the d-line. I hope Donovan is let go and flourishes with another team.

Blame Andy Reid. The guy falls in love with the pass. Most coaches would run Westbrook 20-25 times but he again had 14 carries.

Blame Andy Reid. The guy falls in love with the pass. Most coaches would run Westbrook 20-25 times but he again had 14 carries.

I agree that the should blame Reid, cogenman but do you really think Westbrook can handle 25 carries a game over a season? Dude seems pretty fragile to me which once again makes u wonder why Reid hasnt signed a solid backup rb or drafted a guy like Ray Rice and instead chose to stick to busts like Buckhalter

I'm sick of seeing McNabb treated like the scapegoat for all of the Eagles mishaps. Other than Westbrook, he has played with zero weapons for virtually his own career. I'd like to see which other qb's could carry the likes of Freddy Mitchell and Todd Stinkston to the Superbowl.

The blame should be placed on management for not upgrading the offense and wasting draft picks on mediocore players on the d-line. I hope Donovan is let go and flourishes with another team.

Bingo. This is a team that is arrogant enough to not even feel the need to pick a player in the first round for the last two years...

:hang:

Lurie should keep Andy as GM (where he has done a great job)

Really?

A great GM trades up to draft Jerome McDougle?

A great GM has a coach who cant pass the ball enough and surrounds his QB with wide receivers such as Torrence Small, Charles Johnson, Freddie Milons, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Billy McMullan, Freddie Mitchell and Greg Lewis?

Look at this guys drafts in the last 10 years:

<table class="pt8" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2008</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Trevor Laws</td> <td>Notre Dame</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>DeSean Jackson</td> <td>California</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Bryan Smith</td> <td>McNeese State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Mike McGlynn</td> <td>Pittsburgh</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Quintin Demps</td> <td>Texas-El Paso</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Jack Ikegwuonu</td> <td>Wisconsin</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Mike Gibson</td> <td>California</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Joe Mays</td> <td>North Dakota State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Andy Studebaker</td> <td>Wheaton</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>King Dunlap</td> <td>Auburn</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2007</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Kevin Kolb</td> <td>Houston</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Victor Abiamiri</td> <td>Notre Dame</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Stewart Bradley</td> <td>Nebraska</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Tony Hunt</td> <td>Penn State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>C.J. Gaddis</td> <td>Clemson</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Brent Celek</td> <td>Cincinnati</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Rashad Barksdale</td> <td>Albany State (NY)</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Nate Ilaoa</td> <td>Hawaii</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2006</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Brodrick Bunkley</td> <td>Florida State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Winston Justice</td> <td>USC</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Chris Gocong</td> <td>Cal Poly</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Max Jean-Gilles</td> <td>Georgia</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Jason Avant</td> <td>Michigan</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Jeremy Bloom</td> <td>Colorado</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Omar Gaither</td> <td>Tennessee</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>LaJuan Ramsey</td> <td>USC</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2005</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Mike Patterson</td> <td>USC</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Reggie Brown</td> <td>Georgia</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Matt McCoy</td> <td>San Diego State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Ryan Moats</td> <td>Louisiana Tech</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Sean Considine</td> <td>Iowa</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Todd Herremans</td> <td>Saginaw Valley State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Trent Cole</td> <td>Cincinnati</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Scott Young</td> <td>Brigham Young</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Calvin Armstrong</td> <td>Washington State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Keyonta Marshall</td> <td>Grand Valley State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>David Bergeron</td> <td>Stanford</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2004</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Shawn Andrews</td> <td>Arkansas</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Matt Ware</td> <td>UCLA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>J.R. Reed</td> <td>South Florida</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Trey Darilek</td> <td>Texas-El Paso</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Thomas Tapeh</td> <td>Minnesota</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Andy Hall</td> <td>Delaware</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Dexter Wynn</td> <td>Colorado State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Adrien Clarke</td> <td>Ohio State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Bruce Perry</td> <td>Maryland</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Dominic Furio</td> <td>Nevada-Las Vegas</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2003</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Jerome McDougle</td> <td>Miami (FL)</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>L.J. Smith</td> <td>Rutgers</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Billy McMullen</td> <td>Virginia</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Jamaal Green</td> <td>Miami (FL)</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Jeremy Bridges</td> <td>Southern Mississippi</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Norman Lejeune</td> <td>Louisiana State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2002</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Lito Sheppard</td> <td>Florida</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Michael Lewis</td> <td>Colorado</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Sheldon Brown</td> <td>South Carolina</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Brian Westbrook</td> <td>Villanova</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Scott Peters</td> <td>Arizona State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Freddie Milons</td> <td>Alabama</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Tyreo Harrison</td> <td>Notre Dame</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Raheem Brock</td> <td>Temple</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2001</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Freddie Mitchell</td> <td>UCLA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Quinton Caver</td> <td>Arkansas</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Derrick Burgess</td> <td>Mississippi</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Correll Buckhalter</td> <td>Nebraska</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>Tony Stewart</td> <td>Penn State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>A.J. Feeley</td> <td>Oregon</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">2000</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Corey Simon</td> <td>Florida State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Todd Pinkston</td> <td>Southern Mississippi</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Bobby Williams</td> <td>Arkansas</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Gari Scott</td> <td>Michigan State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Thomas Hamner</td> <td>Minnesota</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>John Frank</td> <td>Utah</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>John Romero</td> <td>California</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">1999</td> </tr> <tr class="stathead"> <td width="40">Rnd</td> <td width="150">Name</td> <td width="200">College</td> <td width="60">Note</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>Donovan McNabb</td> <td>Syracuse</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>Barry Gardner</td> <td>Northwestern</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>Doug Brzezinski</td> <td>Boston College</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>John Welbourn</td> <td>California</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Damon Moore</td> <td>Ohio State</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>Na Brown</td> <td>North Carolina</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Cecil Martin</td> <td>Wisconsin</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>Troy Smith</td> <td>East Carolina</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Jed Weaver</td> <td>Oregon</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>7</td> <td>Pernell Davis</td> <td>Alabama-Birmingham</td></tr></tbody></table>

Other than the 2002 Draft, pretty much every single one has been a whiff

the guy gets one, maybe two productive players a year

combine that with stellar FA acquisitions such as Lorenzo Booker and whoever the fuck the Defensive End was they got from the Raiders, and well...you have a HORRIBLE GM

dude needs to go...

And he just announced McNabb is starting on Thursday for whatever thats worth...

Bingo. This is a team that is arrogant enough to not even feel the need to pick a player in the first round for the last two years...

:hang:
speaking of arrogance or perhaps just mere stupidity, Andy Reid just said that he would not change anything in retrospect as to benching McNabb in favor of Kolb despite the fuckin thrashing the kid tooklol

and McNabb will start Thursday

You have to start Donovan on Thursday. Kolb's had next to no reps with the first team and it's a dramatically shortened week. Putting Kolb in there this week doesn't set him up for success. That's the worst thing you can do for a young QB.

I saw the press conference and came away with two thoughts, one of which Merrill Hodge echoed on ESPN, is that Andy is really tied to Donovan. Because they came in together, but I think more than that, because Andy totally trusts Donovan. Because Andy puts so much on Donovan (wrongly, in my opinion) Andy understands that he will only succeed if Donovan succeeds.

Again, I think this is a failure of coaching, but that's how he plays it.

So when he was asked if he thought the benching was a success, his answer was entirely understandable. He said, "we'll see." Obviously you have to read into that, but I think he's happy with it on both levels because in the short term it teaches both the QBs something.

It teaches Donovan that his time here is coming to an end unless he gets his head completely out of his *ss immediately. It teaches Kolb the cold reality of the NFL, you don't get many reps, you run the plays that are called, you get your *ss in there and if you can't handle it, you go back to the bench.

How you'll judge the success of this is if Donovan suddenly, magically, starts playing like there's a fire under his *ss and if Kolb realizes this game is f**king harder than it looks and ups his work eithic the rest of this season because his time is coming.

To answer the original question, yes, this almost certainly means the end of the Donovan era. Unless Donovan is going to take a pay cut next year (which he might, but I'd say the chances are slim), he's going to go. Because his cap number is huge, and because Andy has three years left on his deal, guaranteed to bring him in over $100 million, you can't just cut 'em both loose. It's too much of a hit to take financially.

So they'll keep Andy (sorry to say), and they will almost certainly get rid of Donovan. Which is actually another reason I think you start him this week and the rest of the way. Because you want him to pull out of the nosedive so teams will be interested in trading for him rather than just waiting for you to let him go. You have to get something for him.

My early guess is, the Eagles find a way to f**k that up, Kolb is the starter next year, we get nothing from McNabb, he ends up in Minny, and we have another middle of the road draft which will lead to a 7-9 team at best and, hopefully, the change at coach we need as there will then only be two years left on his deal by then and it should be easier to buy him out.

But this team has always been about managing the cap wisely, and right now, financially they are extremely, overly invested in McNabb and Reid.

Most QB's wpould come out on fire this Thursday. Add in the fact that Mcnabb is a born choker. He is good vs shit teams.

No one seems to mention the real reason he sucks now, is he can't run anymore.
The guy never runs anymore for any yards. He used to make good reads, now he throws it in triple coverage--

Mcnabb was never able to beat the top tier defenses in any of his seasons. He always struggled even with TO--

The guy just is not that good. He was never that good. He ran a lot just like others, when his legs went, his effectivenss went. He is doing his best, but is not very good.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4hE5e8hatc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4hE5e8hatc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just read this whole thing. i completely disagree with taking him out yesterday down by 3. if he fucks up again to start the second half, when you were getting the ball first, then fine yank him. but when youre 5-4-1 and have a chance to make the playoffs, throwing a kid with no experience working with the first team at all into the game on the road against the ravens defense isn't the way to win the fucking game. it just causes you to have more questions about the situation going in a short week.

obvioulsy mcnabb is done. he's old and can move onto a team that a good running game and protect him. i certainly don't think kolb is the answer and even worse andy reid should not be director of player personel. joe banner and lurie have put this team in an absolute terrible position by willing to put a team on the field that will sell tickets but simply doesn't have the players or the coaching to win consistently in this league. its frustrating as an eagles fan to watch people shit on mcnabb when the problems with this are much deeper than that. it comes from the top up and sadly andy isn't going anywhere and neither is joe banner. it's just depressing.

I don't know...I really thought A.J. Feeley would have done a better job then Kolb. Something's got to give in the organization. I agree about Reid....since his son's screwed up.... his head doesn't seem to be in the right place....in the past he messed up alot of calls but to me it seems he's gotten worse with his family woe's. I also agree alot with McFlab not moving around & having the confidence he had since his leg injury. Maybe in the next draft picks they will pick a QB. I think Carolina losing helped them in that area. I never ever liked McNabb. Anybody that loses their body fliuds on the field in a big game can't be all that good.:36_11_6:

Back