ECU vs Tulane

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Wow. Biggest game for the Greenies in a long long time. I think we would say USA is the biggest surprise in CFB, but Tulane may be the biggest enigma. Losing as 7 point faves to USA, winning as DD dogs....this team is all over.

Big game here as TU is tied for the lead in CUSA West with Rice, as they take on ECU on the other side of the conference. ECU and Rice are the class of CUSA and this is a big big match up in conf play.

Tulane I see now is a 10 point dog at home in a day kick off. Most know that Tulane will be playing games again back on campus soon in a new stadium. The Dome is not the place for the Wave of today to play, but they are asking for a ton of support for this game. Tulane is fresh off a SU win vs North Texas in a game that(gulp) the Special Teams may have won....TU was 3 point dogs at home.

I have been of the thought that TU has(as of late) seemed to play better on the road in other environments...better crowds usually, more of an atmosphere. This is an interesting game and a big one in CUSA...

ECU has one loss at home to VT 15-10...ECU has a nice passing attack(18 nationwide) and an avg rush attack.

Any thoughts? I havent seen much of ECU, so if any of the fellas have I would appreciate any insight. We used to have a member here where that was his school before the crash....hopefully he chimes in.

All are welcome:searching:

I tend to agree....I really just havent seen enough ECU

It seems like false hope for TU....why hasn't this thing rocketed and moved like every other fucking Wave game I have been involved with?

I think we agree that ECU is the class of CUSA right?

I wanna drop a biggie on ECU....just gun shy as all hell with the mysterious Tulane this year

Tulane actually has an offense....but the O-line is horrendous...I think Montana takes shotgun like 99% of the time

Montana has gotten killed back there....really good receivers in Grant and Shackleford has really come on since Grant gets so much attention

Tulane actually has an offense....but the O-line is horrendous...I think Montana takes shotgun like 99% of the time

Montana has gotten killed back there....really good receivers in Grant and Shackleford has really come on since Grant gets so much attention

Montana isnt a quality D1 QB. Lacks arm strength - passing attack is intermediate to short, which is necessary because the O-Line is horrid - check the boxscore, N Texas went up and down the field on them last week. In a span of two minutes in 3rd qtr, Tulane ran back a blocked FG for a TD and a pick-6 on the next possession.

ECU or nothing for me - regardless of the suspensions or lack of depth.

Which 2 WRers went down? As long as it's not Hardy, they are ok.

ECU and Marshall are the class of CUSA. I do like Rice a lot and picked them to win the west, but they are a step down, imo.

I haven't seen but maybe a half of Tulane and Montana looked awful.

Leaning ECU but must dig into Tulane more before making a bet. I think Cooper may be out for ECU (RB).

Defense was expected to be a weakness for ECU, but it has been better than expected. Last week was the classic let down spot for them and they pulled out 7 point (close to spread) victory.

Danny Webster a slot type WR 3 year starter and Symte was just starting to get PT. Webster was a decent player the other guy doesn't play enough to know one way or the other. Cooper is questionable and they just moved a LB over to FB to help on short yardage. Cooper is now tweeting that he just got good news the theory is he was cleared to play. They should have the WR depth to replace these guys the problem is ECU always has a problem laying any sort of number much less one on the road.

If Montana plays it will be him begging CJ..he is banged up and can barely lift his aarm huge play on ECU -10...a game Tulane wasn't going to win any way...by next week, 2 wins to be bowl eligible
Slamming ECU -10... It may lose, but I'm betting it

wow, sorry to anyone

I make that bet again and again

shocked

2 DD wins as SU dogs if anyone is counting LOL,,,,,,,

[h=4]Conference USA Standings[/h]
[TABLE="class: tablehead, width: 302"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">[TR="class: colhead, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8, align: left"]EAST[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8"]CONF[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8"]OVERALL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-276"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]Marshall[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2-0[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]4-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-151, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]East Carolina[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]2-1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]4-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-5"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]UAB[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1-1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2229, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]Florida International[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]1-1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]1-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2393"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]Middle Tennessee[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1-2[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2226, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]Florida Atlantic[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]1-4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]2-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2572"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]Southern Miss[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]0-1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]0-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: colhead, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8, align: left"]WEST[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8"]CONF[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E8E8E8"]OVERALL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2655"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]Tulane[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3-0[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]5-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-242, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]Rice[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]3-0[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]4-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-249"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]North Texas[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2348, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]Louisiana Tech[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]1-1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]2-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-202"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]Tulsa[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2636, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left"]UTSA[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]1-2[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]2-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2638"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: left"]UTEP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]0-3[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 3"]Expanded Standings[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

suppose with the offensive missing pieces for ecu and powell for Tulane we should have looked hard at the under ... which would have lost because of 18 million overtimes anyway but was probably a great bet

Back