Early Week 4 Discussion

footballjunkie

Makes it Rain
Not too many games that stand out to me so far but I do like a few home dogs.....

GB@Minnesota - Current Line - GB -1. I'm hoping the line goes up closer to 3 and I might take a shot with the Vikes. I'm not convinced that the Packers are as good as they've looked. Also, rivalry division games like these are usually really close and we all know Favre's record at the dome.

Seattle@SF - Current Line - SEA -2

I like the Niners to bounce back here and love that the line is going up. Seattle has done nothing to impress me. Alexander is banged up and I expect the Niners D to bounce back this week. The Seahawks secondary is also nothing to write home about so Alex Smith might finally get on track. Like the Niners to bounce back or at minimum, keep it close.

Eagles@Giants - Current Line - Eagles -3. I think this game should be a pk. Giants had a big emotional win last week in which their defense actually looked decent. Eagles secondary is banged up and I think Eli can pass all over them. This should be a fg game either way.

Steelers@Zona - Current Line. Pit -5.5. I want this line to go higher. Whisenhunt against his former team that he knows very well. Zona is a decent team and historically, always plays tough at home. I'll take the points.

Thoughts?

What other games stand out to you?

I really like Arizona. I don't like the AFC/NFC thing which I went against tonight and lost on. But Arizona just hung tough with Baltimore so I'm OK with that.

I will definitely be on the Cardinals.

If JP Losman wouldn't have been hurt, I'd be on the Bills, too, now I'll probably lay off.

No way the Eagles should be a road favorite over anybody right now. I love the Birds, I think they win, I hope they win, but this line sucks.

I will look at that over, though.

I want to like the Niners as well, but I don't like Alex Smith without Norv Turner.

I think SD is going to kick the living s**t out of KC.

I also really want to like the Lions and the over.

Pretty sure the Packers and Pats will be the two plays that are universal public plays...

So if u want the dog I'd wait...

I can't see any way u can take Zona really guys..IMO...

Leinart gets benched last game because his footwork and mechanics are so brutal right now and he can't get the ball out on time....Zona will not run on Pitt...I don't care who the staff is...it won't happen and that means pressure on the Qb..

The line is high but rightfully so IMO.

poz is out for bills. that is bigger than no losman imo.

I don't think it's bigger only because if they're really going to start Trent Edwards they are f**ked. It will make him the first of the rookies drafted last year to start and I don't think there's anybody in the league that thinks this kid is ready--nor should he be.

I think Poz being out is big, but mostly because it just compounds the problems, mostly with injury, that they already had. But now their offense goes from bad to bad AND inexperienced.

What a nightmare.

I will almost always take a former coach vs. his old team in their first game against each other. Both Wiz and Russ Grimm have a lot of bad blood to get out.

You're right, the way Leinart played worries me, but I think they're going to do to Big Ben what the Raiders did to him last year in Oakland.

They could make me eat these words, but I think this game is going to be close.

Joe, I'm leaning towards the Chargers too and am surprised to see the line going down

Let it drop, let it drop, let it drop. KC is not a good football team. SD's going to get well on those f**kers.

Pretty sure the Packers and Pats will be the two plays that are universal public plays...

So if u want the dog I'd wait...

Leinart gets benched last game because his footwork and mechanics are so brutal right now and he can't get the ball out on time....Zona will not run on Pitt...I don't care who the staff is...it won't happen and that means pressure on the Qb..

The line is high but rightfully so IMO.

Definitly gonna wait on all the teams I've listed....

I don't think Pitt is as good as they've looked so far. The Cardinals D is decent and should be able to contain Willie Parker.

When Kurt Warner came in, the Cardinals moved the ball well against the Ravens and actually tied the game late in the 4th quarter and the coach already said that Warner n Leinart will split time this week against Pitt.

I see this line hitting 7 and than ill take zona

Chiefs and ML

AFC west games are always tight and KC's offense started clicking somewhat against an above average D but they were at home....

Warner n Leinart will split time this week against Pitt.

OK, that worries me.

Warner coming in as a backup, when you haven't prepared for him as one thing. Knowing he is going to be there means INTs for TDs going the other way.

pitts secondary is a lot better and improving under tomlin. guess it helps having a ex db coach as your now head coach. lol.

if any team can beat ne id say its them.

Chiefs and ML

AFC west games are always tight and KC's offense started clicking somewhat against an above average D but they were at home....

13 points and no running game...

Don't agree wit that.

I will agree that Chiefs defense is better than its been in a long time...but thats not saying much

OK, that worries me.

Warner coming in as a backup, when you haven't prepared for him as one thing. Knowing he is going to be there means INTs for TDs going the other way.

True, but Warner will be coming in leading the no-huddle offense and more importantly, I think this will give Leinart a kick in the ass to get better and show them that he deserves the job so I expect him to play better this week too

13 points and no running game...

Don't agree wit that.

I will agree that Chiefs defense is better than its been in a long time...but thats not saying much

did you watch the end the game with Minny ? they started clicking and Tony G was the cause and LJ started picking up his game some what, he's gonna go off on the Dolts and it doesnt help that Jamal Williams is baged up also look for LB D.Edwards to make some INT's against Rivers.

Deangleo hall is a child

They should discipline that thug that flipped out on the sidelines.

did you watch the end the game with Minny ? they started clicking and Tony G was the cause and LJ started picking up his game some what, he's gonna go off on the Dolts and it doesnt help that Jamal Williams is baged up also look for LB D.Edwards to make some INT's against Rivers.

Saw some of the end. I do agre they played a bit better but still don't see them exploding or anything like that.

As far as that game..it would be a stay away for me either side.

GL

Thoughts...

SD/KC: I don't think you can bet SD until they show some real offensive life and consistency. Not laying 13-14 points.

GB/MIN: Im already locked in on GB. Favre hasn't looked half bad. MIN D's strong point is its run D, but fuck running. Favre will throw all day. Not to mention GB's defense isn't all that shabby; I expect them to do some damage against whoever MIN throws up there at QB this week.

Pit/Zona: Why on earth would you bet on zona guys? Pit has blown out everyone they've played thus far. Not great opponents, granted. But I see parallels between this game and the zona/baltimore game. Except PIT's offense is very very good this year. Big Ben looks very comfortable in the pocket, and is making excellent decisions. Also no way arizona stops willie parker. no way on earth.

NE/CIN: Throwback, you're insane. KC AND CIN ML? Haha that takes balls. If either one covers I'll come find you and build a little statue of you and pray to it 3 times a day. I locked in on NE...I've ridden the train for 3 weeks, no reason to get off. Bet the pats till they fail.

No thoughts on the other games, didn't see any I liked.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

BAR's right. If you're talking about the game last week where Herm Edwards ran, consistently into the heart of the Minny defense--perhaps the strongest part of a pretty good defense, for no gain at all--to the point where the crowd in their first home game of the season was booing that team, yeah, I saw that game.

If Minnesota had any offense whatsoever, they'd have ended that game in the first half.

Thankfully for us Chiefs bettors it didn't work out that way, but this is a bad, bad football team, one with protection problems I think SD will be able to easily exploit.

Thoughts...

SD/KC: I don't think you can bet SD until they show some real offensive life and consistency. Not laying 13-14 points.

GB/MIN: Im already locked in on GB. Favre hasn't looked half bad. MIN D's strong point is its run D, but fuck running. Favre will throw all day. Not to mention GB's defense isn't all that shabby; I expect them to do some damage against whoever MIN throws up there at QB this week.

Pit/Zona: Why on earth would you bet on zona guys? Pit has blown out everyone they've played thus far. Not great opponents, granted. But I see parallels between this game and the zona/baltimore game. Except PIT's offense is very very good this year. Big Ben looks very comfortable in the pocket, and is making excellent decisions. Also no way arizona stops willie parker. no way on earth.

NE/CIN: Throwback, you're insane. KC AND CIN ML? Haha that takes balls. If either one covers I'll come find you and build a little statue of you and pray to it 3 times a day. I locked in on NE...I've ridden the train for 3 weeks, no reason to get off. Bet the pats till they fail.

No thoughts on the other games, didn't see any I liked.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

fuck yeah a throwback bobble head :tiphat:

playing captain obvious for a moment, the public will probably be backing these.

balt
chicago maybe
GB
dallas
pitt
SD
Indy
NE

but that's just a guess

What does it say about Matt leinart right now when he can't "grasp" the hurry up or no huddle offense...

This isn't good.

Public on Chicago, cappers here rooting for Detroit.

I expect Bears to rally around Griese and try hard to win. Lovie is a great motivator, their season is on the brink.

Detroit took a bad beating in Philly. Does this mean that they are more likely to bounce back or to lose morale, and do they have what it takes to beat Bears' defence?

I would guess a score something like Det 17 - Chi 24.

Back