Sacramento 28 54

Southwest

Houston 56 26
Dallas 55 27
San Antonio 50 32
New Orleans 39 43
Memphis 25 57

Last edited:
We've seen time and again that the spurs carry a pretty careless attitude toward the regular season although that number is probably a bit low now that i look at it again. People are going to say that the Celtics are being over valued but I think they are being valued where they should be. This franchise hasn't won in a long time and they are going to be relentless with the teams that have tooled on them in years past. I put them at 59 because they are going to be playing weaker competition then the beasts out west.

Not a bad ranking ... I don't think the 76ers will be THAT bad, and I'd think the Cavs beat out the Pistons. I think you're a little too down on the Mavs probably, I think they're going to come out more focused than ever, and an extra year of experience for Josh Howard and Devin Harris ... they're gonna be scary.
That Hawks will also be close to .500, mark that down ... they had to have more injuries than anyone last year. I'm pretty positive of that, I'll try and look it up.

Really like GS this yr. I mean I am a homer, so you could/not listen, but I feel they really filled the position we NEEDED in Brandan Wright. Still dunno the status of Baron Davis, but with a Davis in man will it be fun.

PG: Davis, Hudson
SG: Ellis, Belinelli, Azubuike
SF: Jackson, Barnes
PF: Harrington, Lasme, Croshere
C: Biedrins, Wright

man... this is deep. Baron will not perform playoff like, cuz he's fragile. heh, but come playoffs he'll be in. Just like many fragile veterans (Shaq), he'll save it for when it matters (look at last yr, waited for end of season and playoffs to explode). Hudson will come out and contribute quick. He'll really enjoy the system and be able to run down and pop the trey. Ellis now has playing time and won't have the pressure at the point, so will be able to be a scorer as he is comfortable. If Belinelli didn't impress people, you weren't watching him. Another great fit, will love the freedom. I honestly don't really like Steven Jackson (holds the ball too much, needs the ball in his hands to be efective on offense- took it away from Baron in playoffs), but his Defense is really helpful, and he can get hot. His emotion helps as well. Don't really like Barnes either. His game is not pretty, but he is a great role player that knows how to play his role- poor man's Marion. By adding Wright, we have a pure inside threat on both sides that can run with us. Harrington- not as much of defensive threat, likes to shoot the 3 a bit much for my liking in our big man that should be in the block. Biedrins- offensively inept, but defensive force. Having Wright and Biedrins will be a pretty quick and long defensive front. We have options to play small (as always) or even play big (Baron, SJAX, Harrington, Wright, Biedrins). Really like it. We got players that can adjust in the system quickly and contribute right away. JRich will have A MONSTER YR, but was outta the puzzle here. After a couple weeks, Warriors will get rolling

SF, I think you are going to be surprised at how much of an impact Lasme will make if he can find minutes. He is an oustanding defensive player. I believe he is only 6'8'' but he plays like a 7 footer. He is real long and the best shot blocker in UMass history, (better then Camby). He isn't much of a threat on offense but he has great hands and can score tons of garbage points. Every team can use a player like him, doesn't need the ball to make a big impact.

I love Lasme, I think he was a steal in the draft. I know his college numbers have to be exaggerated in the sense that the competition wasn't all that stiff. But, man, nice pick by GSW imo. I just hope he stays around long enough to see some action, I know he'd do well.

bet bulls at home off a DD road loss. wont be many spots like this (for obvious reasons) but bet them when they come up.

I will echo those thoughts on Lasme. I got to see him in that OT game in the NIT opening round against Bama. Man, that is a really good pick by GS.

paxson needs to part ways with 2 or 3 of these 6 players ...

noch
tyrus
noah
smith
duhon
thabo

... and get us Jermaine O'neal. The core is ready ... If not now, then when?

image-023786-1759.jpg

we all seen what he did at FIBA. hes best player walking the planet right now.

If lakers stay healthy they are deep and J-Critt and Coby Carl gonna add more offense. I think Lakers gonna be good this year especially the D ....

pg- Fish , Farmar , J-Critt
sg - Kobe , Mo Evans
sf- Walton , Radmonivic , coby karl
pf- Odom , Turiaf , Cook
c- Bynum , Kwame , Mihm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=HollingerForecastIndex0708

Some notable differences

He has Suns at 54 wins. Since steve nash came to town in 04-05: first season 62, second season 54 (no amare), last year 61. I don't see how they drop to 54 wins baring injury.

Hollinger put Washington at 33 wins. Last 3 years: 45, 42,41. If Arenas, Butler, and Jamison stay healthy I don't see how they don't win at least 40.

Hollinger: GS Warriors 36 wins. They win 42 last year with don nelson basketball. They lose jason Richardson who only played 51 games. I've never been very high on jason richardson. There are a lot of players in the leauge with the same set of skills. I don't think GS offense will miss a beat. They will have some renewed confidence after last years playoffs and i think they top thier win total from last year

I hope you are not intending to bet on these. You are so far off on Phillie, Milwaukee its difficult to even guess where you got the numbers. Orlando better than Washington!!! Orlando has improved getting a reasonable coach but they are still going to struggle. Indiana is a disaster area. Memphis total is incredible. If I could bet over that number I would sell prime property to make one of the biggest bets of my life. I could go on for a long time but your listing are very far from reality. Do not bet early this year.

Last edited:
Pacific and the Northwest you have reasonable final standings. Everywhere else----.

Back