Early positions

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Early positions. Took 10.5 with the knicks and laid 6.5 with the Mavericks.
Mavericks keep winning and covering on the road and they dominate this team. Why argue. Starting to think the Grizz have joined the pingpong race.
Noticed Boston is 1 and 4 ats last 5 on the road with 1 days rest and that they may dislike D'Antoni but they never did very well at Phoenix. Team is also 4 and 6 ats last 10 on the road. The Knicks are not defenseless. Covers lists as a trend Celtics 3 and 9 ats as a road fav from 5 to 10.5 and shows the Knicks as 6-0 ats in their last 6 getting 5 to 10.5. At any rate those are my rationals for these bets.

Need a spread and referees before I can say much. But in general would say its Toronto or nothing for me. Orlando had won and covered 10 straight and then got beaten by Detroit. They have covered and won 2 straight since then. To me that screams another ats loss is coming soon. The game against the Heat they were up 1 point at half time and only scored 86 points in the game but still got a cover!!! Just seems to me they are an accident waiting to happen right now. They have 1 day off after this and then they play Washington a divisional rival and the next day they play at Atlanta the first of a 2 game series. This is a revenge game. Atlanta early this season beat them 99-85 at Orlando and has beaten them 6 of the last 8 times they have played. After that they play at San Antonio. If you look at Toronto's last 5 games they are plus 8 rebounds which for a team who has had a big problem rebounding is very positive. I guess what I am saying is I want Orlando to be a big favorite and to bet against them. Pietrus is out and Bogans may be out as well. Just do not think Orlando can escape a down period. But to actively play would like a lot of points which I might get as people focus on Jermaine and Calderon. GL

Referees are in and in Toronto there is a clear over direction by the referees and 2 seem fairly good for home dogs and one seems ok especially when you look at him over the last 3 years. Was actually hoping for an under play here so will have to think more about any total play but am encouraged with a possible play on Toronto.
In the Dallas game a direction to under and while all 3 are homers none are very good to home dogs so---.
Not much help for my play on the Knicks as once again the referees do not seem to support home dogs and no real direction on the total.
Tiny help for Washington. No obvious total direction.

Last edited:
Toronto has won at home in the first quarter 8 in a row. Will be looking at this.

Splitting 1 unit on Toronto plus 8 and whatever I get on Toronto first quarter at 5d. Just took the 8 but no first quarter up. Got 2.5

Lakers over 197.5 for 1 unit. Just bet it. On Sunday at home Lakers have won 11 straight with 6 this year. The six this year they averaged 112and 1/3rd. Portland scored 77 in their last game and 76 first game of the season at LA. 2 of the referees are large overs in this range and the third is average minus in this range. Just think Portland makes it to the 90s here at least and LA does the rest.

Thanks. Added a first half bet small and may a fourth quarter bet on the Clippers. We are flying blind here. Would think the Clippers might actually be better without Baron and Hart has been a joke as well. Not sure what the remaining players will do for a point guard except for Fred Jones but none of them are self destructive. Trouble is without the old farts who are out will Detroit have a Sunday day game problem? No idea.

GL today tuck.

clippers 4th quarter looks kinda tempting, took the over in the game today even though plenty of players are injured, may be beneficial with less big men.

Detroit has been a joke in the fourth quarter when winning . Added a bet against myself. Half unit on the Grizz first half plus 3. Last time these teams played Dallas never let the Grizz win a quarter. Got to be some serious frustration here looking to pop. Dallas normally comes out strong early but on Sunday not so much. Like most good teams they are interested in the final score and there is some talk that Kidd may not be 100%. Worrysome.

Great ideas u shared with us again tuck ! Thanks !:cheers:
Seems like Dallas never learns. After two impressive comebacks they thought they could keep on doing it. Maybe in the next games they would be worth backing in the 1st half or 1st quarter. There was already yesterday talk by players to get to a better start, maybe they will start doing it.

Middling half the Knicks bet with Celtics minus 5.5 second half. Do not like the box scores here at all.

dallas is the dumbest nba team. all they do is rely on comebacks thinking that they're handed to them. they are not an elite team cause they never play for a full 48 mins

They are not so bad but they really have not been playing well in first halfs.

anything for lakers game besides the over? i like lakers 1h and portland for game. portland has covered most of the time against the lakers

Back