Early Lines Week 8 CFB

Auburn or nothing there. I almost always fade teams coming off big home wins, going on the road against a team off a bye.

Favorite play this week is VT. They were in a terrible spot last week (which I nailed in the situational thread) coming off that UNC win and Miami on deck. They will look a lot better this week at home in front of a big Thursday night crowd. Wheels have fallen off for Miami. Anything under a TD would be a play for me.

Lean to Penn State early as well. Nice bye week for them finally starting to play better football. Back to back road games for Ohio State coming off that big road win in Madison. Obviously don't expect Penn State to win this, but getting 21 at home? All day.

I like Arizona State getting 7 as well. Arizona State is a different team at home than on the road. Tough spot for Washington State with a long trip off that huge UCLA win.

Like Lville a lot too, but just too many points (will wait to see if that number comes down). NC State isn't going to have much left in the tank coming off that devastating loss to my Tigers.

Books basically saying ville > Clemson. I don't disagree but surprised somewhat. I realize that different styles make for different lines too.

thanks all
agree that Va Tech should bounce back and getting + 5 1/2 at home and Ariz St at +7 strong lean here too

Like Lville a lot too, but just too many points (will wait to see if that number comes down). NC State isn't going to have much left in the tank coming off that devastating loss to my Tigers.

UL was also in a highly negative situation last week, which helps to explain the close win over Duke. As I watched that game, I was already looking forward to my chance to back the Cardinals this week.

As for State, think about how pitiful their effort was two years ago after the tough home loss to FSU. They were a total no-show at Death Valley the next week, as the Tigers blanked them 41-0. It's a lot easier to get over a road loss, but that loss could linger a bit.

Boston College -6 v. Syracuse

^ Dirtiest line of the week. Public will be lining up to back Cuse (and we know how it usually works out when the public backs a road underdog) after their huge win against VT and Babers emotional post game locker room speech. Last time everyone saw Boston College they got drilled by Clemson on national tv. Eagles are off a bye + an extra day. Line says the Eagles win this and public is sucked in.

Boston College -6 v. Syracuse

^ Dirtiest line of the week. Public will be lining up to back Cuse (and we know how it usually works out when the public backs a road underdog) after their huge win against VT and Babers emotional post game locker room speech. Last time everyone saw Boston College they got drilled by Clemson on national tv. Eagles are off a bye + an extra day. Line says the Eagles win this and public is sucked in.

Stanford (no line yet) as a favorite over Colorado is another that is going to create chaos, IMO.

Back