Early Line Recon First Discussion

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
Thursday Games....

I like Vandy if they can catch +3.5 ATLEAST. Hoping we get an inflated line because of that misleading blowout with SC. Also SC will play UGA the foloowing week and that game means more to Spurrior than anything to beat #1!

Friday Games....

Navy starting QB will be back expect things to be rusty in a new system as well. Ball St may be worth a look either way.

Saturday Games....

CMU/UGA- Looks like an old fashioned beatdown!

WVU/ECU- Had achance to catch some of the WVU game and yes they have athletes but the OL is very suspect and they are on the road with ECU coming off a huge win. Would love to see DD dog here as that would be the play but a TD would be a gift IMO as ECU could be this years USF of 2 years ago

SJSU/Neb- Big time blowout here anything under -24 take the cornhuskers. Bullshit game foloowing week this woudl be a good confidence booster and chance to see the offense click on all cylinders in the second week.

MiaOH/Michigan- This is the game I tink wolverines comeout and lay some pipe. RR needs a big time victory to get the boys going and what better team to do this after a solid 2H in week 1. ND on deck one game at a time this year though and realistic expectations from RR and UM.

Thursday Games....

I like Vandy if they can catch +3.5 ATLEAST. Hoping we get an inflated line because of that misleading blowout with SC. Also SC will play UGA the foloowing week and that game means more to Spurrior than anything to beat #1!

I was thinking more around 9.5-10

ECU- West Virginia, WF-Ole Miss should be really interesting. Not sure where to put those right now.

Cal (over Wazzu) and Penn State (over Oregon State) should be great if they are under 10

Seems like y'all are a lot more optimistic about Vanderbilt than I am. Yes, the offense and Nickson were extremely impressive against Miami but USC is a totally different ballgame. Im still far from sold on that offense.

its apparent OBC is just not a good coach and his qbs never live up to their hype or expectations. misleading victory will hopefully give us a great line.

i was thinkin sc -6 on thursday at vandy

me too. 6.5 or 7 imo.

even with UGA on deck, still kinda like uSC in this spot. spurrier knows they've got work to do on the offensive side, in order to be ready for UGA. and there's the revenge angle from last year.
just see uSC focusing more on Vandy then some may think, because they know damn well that the offense isn't ready for UGA yet.

and btw, Troy...
Testicle State was one of the 1st games i penciled in to really dig into tomorrow. think it could be a good one.

I mean, SC looks like shit against ULL in Week 1 then goes on the road and beat UGA in WK2 in 2007. They say the biggest improvements a team makes is from WK1 to WK2. I'll admit that SC looked like shit Thursday night but that was far from their best effort and that was not the level they are capable of playing at. While they had 4 turnovers and what not, they still never let NCST cross the 32yd line and held them to 138yds of offense.

If I am blessed with SC-6 or SC-7 line, I am going to hammer them. I think this is a 24-13 type game, maybe worse, and I'm confident if Spurrier has the chance, he will keep scoring points. Nickson might give them some trouble with his legs but he was about 80% of Vandy's offense against MOH and I believe SC is capable of slowing him down. SC will take away the Vandy pass and they will key in on the QB-Read plays. How will SC score 24? By not false starting 5 times, by protecting the QB better, and overall having much better QB play. That OL is not as bad as it showed on Thursday night and playing away from home might be a damn good thing here.

I know a lot of people on this forum thought MOH would beat Vandy and then Vandy comes out and beats the shit out of them while SC looks terrible, so to me, this looks like people are going to be over-reacting and be higher on Vandy than they should be and lower on SC than they should be and I just hope the line is under a TD.

Last edited:
Sign me up for SC anything less than a TD too. That defense won't get beat many times, the only teams on their schedule that they will have trouble with defensively is the speed of Florida, and the OL's of LSU and Bama. Teams that play pro style offenses with less than phenomenal lines (cough, UGA! cough), you're going to see SC's defense control the pace of the game and set up a lot of shorter fields.

Also:
CMU/UGA - CMU has an offense and UGA with SC on deck. Looking to take CMU here.

ECU as a DD dog is an auto-play in my book against any team. Skip is money.

Mich/MiaOh - Mich won't lay any pipe this year, sorry to disappoint. Utah should have won by 30 yesterday, but they handed it to Michigan time and time again as if they were trying to lose.

Damn i was assuming south carolna would be more around the -10 area. this is a revenge game for them even with georgia on deck.

that is where I would assume it will be at and what I predict. Just in case I'm wrong though, SC would be the play.

you can lay wahtever the number is with utah vs unlv. We beat them 27-0 last year. They won't be looking past us.

yes ..sorry , forgot that i have the utah avatar when i used the word "we".

take utah minus the points. going to win by over four td. I know this conference better than any other. This is woodshed. going to lose some value with utah winning marquis matchup at michigan..... but if this thing comes out anywhere near what they are projecting in the "rj morning coffee" thread ...pound the living shit out of it.

Yep. There will be no chance of a letdown by the Utes after the Michigan game. Plenty of bulletin board material from last years game for Utah to be motivated by. Any spread under 21 would be beautiful.

And Kyle you look good with that Utah avator. You might want to just leave that one for the year. ;)

Right now (depending on line of course) my big play this week will probably be California. The MSU was not as close as the score indicates, it was a mismatch. Cal is still IMO the most underrated team in America and ripe for backing. WSU is in complete disarray right now, headed toward a disastrous season.

Cal, anything under two touchdowns will be a huge play for me. Higher, I wil still probably play it. Hoping for 13 or lower.

depending on lines
California minus 10-13
Penn State minus 10-13
South Carolina minus 9-10
South Carolina/Vanderbilt Under

Right now (depending on line of course) my big play this week will probably be California. The MSU was not as close as the score indicates, it was a mismatch. Cal is still IMO the most underrated team in America and ripe for backing. WSU is in complete disarray right now, headed toward a disastrous season.

Cal, anything under two touchdowns will be a huge play for me. Higher, I wil still probably play it. Hoping for 13 or lower.

agree. Another game that i watched and california was 15 points better than michigan st last night. washington st in for a long long year.

From what I watched of OKST/Wazzu, if you have a DB who can cover Gibson, they won't score more than 10 points

shit god hopes sc is 10 point favorite in that game. we will see what happens i guess.

Back