Early Lean

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Just saw Lawrence posting Kluber at Boston. I think this is a little silly. When Boston quietly lost at home to Tampa Bay that spoke volumes to me. Kluber on the road in 2018 is 7-4. The 7 included 1 quality team. Houston a team that has struggled at home.
Its almost pointless to compare Boston and Cleveland. Right now Boston is simply the best team in MLB and Kluber is not as good this year as last year.
This is tout BS I actually intend to make a small bet now on Boston

It is a long season and no matter who you are you will slip and lose home games.
This is not a slip situation
This is similar to them sweeping NY.
This is them saying Yes we are the best. Rick will respond with a big game and the team that quietly sat by letting Tampa shut them out is going to came out very hard tomorrow.
I am not saying they cannot be beaten. I am saying Kluber is not going to do it.

Keep an eye on Milwaukee Chase on 6 23 innings 1.96 era 23innings 7-2 at night 3.23 ERA
Baily 1-7 at night 6.71 ERA

Lets shift back to Kluber. He starts off hot walking on bad teams except for losing 2 tight road games to decent Seattle and Anaheim to begin but beating weak teams really does not mean much and as he drifts along he plays at Milwaukee and gives up 3 runs and loses around June loses at home to Minn 5 innings 4 runs plays at the Cards and loses 1 and 2/3rds innings 6 runs plays at home vs Yanks and gives up 6 runs. Next at home vs Pitt 4 innings 3 runs 0-7 result
You can beat all the Detroits and Reds you want on the road but when he has faced quality teams with real bats its a different story. The good news for Cleveland is they are getting better. Pen picking up hitting inconsistent but just gradual improvement but Boston is easily better than any of the teams he lost to and its a game Boston has circled

Last edited:
Placing a bet against the Red Sox day after they're shut out at home feels really aggressive to me.

Have a note to try very hard to play Fiers.
Have a note to try and play Giolito if he has one of the decent catchers and if he gets the bad one hit the over
slight lean to Mets Holland I like but his night problems continue
Just tend to wait for umps
Obvious interest in Milwaukee
You could easily be right about the totals will think about it
Bottom line I have a lot of clear leans to try and fit with the umps
Thinking Tampa is in a over spot and their offense is up and pen down
Just a guestion of looking for the most profitable plays to actually bet but those were good ideas
Would like to hit Astros who are a legit fav but no bets till umps Seattle is certainly in a must win spot too
Will be easier to bet Astros soon Altuve may be back in the Seattle series

Last edited:
Indians clinched the division in April... by far the best value to win it all. If they had a pen, and it appears they now do, they'd have a similar record to the other elite teams. And I'm not a fan, at all.

Whatever the record is or could be, fine. I still don't think this team has the mojo required to win a series. +1000 is crazy good odds though.

Agree about their flaws... really the only team that hasn't been feeling pressure for the entire season.
This is a very good point, will be a true testament as to Tito's managerial skills. Kinda tough to turn it on after an entire summer of coasting and haven't looked but I assume there won't be much of a challenge from anyone in September.

Rangers won 5 of the first 7 meetings from the A's this season but then got steamrolled by them in a four-game series at Texas in July, getting outscored 41-24 in the sweep.

I kept seeing people picking Kluber which looked really lame. But these were not stupid people. Kluber last 20 in August is 17-3 last 16 15-1. I may still bet against him but will keep this in mind

Also regarding Colon. Last start he broke the pattern pitching with no problen on 5 and at night. Very likely some medical product

Difficult to play Baltimore Toronto
Cashner mid 7 ERA on 5 mid 5 ERA with Joseph. Baltimore hot but this game screams trouble so probably a avoid Estrada new catcher

Wheeler good on 4 second best catcher ok at night good day of week but nothing spectacular
Holland used to like 4 now better on 5 and likes the road but 2-7 at night on 4.34 night ERA. nice guy but just hard to bet

Lopez for KC everything is short samples based on 1 game 11 ERA with catcher high 6 ERA at night. At Covers they like him?? Still no idea who is starting for the Braves. RotoWorld is saying Altuve likely tomorrow

On Monday night, the Indians send Corey Kluber to the mound against Rick Porcello in the opener of a four-game series at Fenway Park -- the first of seven games between the teams the rest of the way.
In 2016, the Indians swept the Red Sox in an American League Division Series en route to almost winning the franchise's first World Series since 1948.
Both teams went out in the ALDS last season, the Red Sox to the eventual champion Houston Astros and the Indians to the New York Yankees -- after Cleveland won the first two games of the series at home.
With Boston's Chris Sale again hitting the 10-day disabled list with slight left shoulder inflammation, Kluber (15-6) can continue his quest for a third Cy Young Award and his second in a row. Both he and teammate Hector Carrasco are 15-6 -- and Carrasco goes in the third game of the series.
The Indians, runaway leaders in the weak AL Central, have won seven of their last eight after completing their series against the Baltimore Orioles with an 8-0 victory on Sunday. Baltimore snapped Cleveland's six-game winning streak Saturday, but the Indians bounced back Sunday as Mike Clevinger pitched six shutout innings and Melky Cabrera hit a grand slam.
Kluber, who is 3-0 with a 1.78 ERA in his last four starts, is just 2-4 with a 4.45 ERA lifetime against the Red Sox and 1-1 with a 3.96 ERA in four starts at Fenway. But he also pitched seven shutout innings and won the opener of the 2016 playoff series against Boston.
Despite a loss Sunday, when the Red Sox were shut out for the first time since July 21 (fifth time this season), they remain on fire. They won two of three from the Tampa Bay Rays and sit at 51 games above .500 (88-37) -- 9 1/2 games ahead of the Yankees atop the AL East.
"They're a professional baseball team too," Boston's Mookie Betts said. "It was just one of those days.
"That's the most important thing to win each series."
Porcello, 15-5 with a 4.04 ERA, is 7-2 in his last 10 starts. He is also 10-4 with a 3.35 ERA in 22 career starts against the Indians.
The current Cleveland roster is hitting a cumulative .333 (72-for-216) with six homers and 30 RBIs lifetime against Porcello. Cabrera is 15-for-28 (.536), Rajai Davis 3-for-8 (.375), Yonder Alonso 3-for-9 (.333), Edwin Encarnacion 13-for-40 (.325 but on the disabled list) with three homers and Jason Kipnis 10-for-31 (.323) with a home run.
The current Red Sox don't have those kinds of numbers against Kluber. J.D. Martinez has two homers and is 8-for-28 (.286), but Xander Bogaerts is 1-for-14 (.071), Eduardo Nunez 1-for-10 (.100), Ian Kinsler 9-for-49 (.184), Mitch Moreland 2-for-10 (.200) and Jackie Bradley Jr. 3-for-13 (.231).
The Indians got some good news Sunday when it was announced that Leonys Martin, who battled a life-threatening bacterial infection, was released from Cleveland Clinic.
General manager Chris Antonetti said it was "beyond a relief," and added, "He will actually be released from the hospital today, which is incredibly good news," Antonetti said. "To think about the progress he's made over the past week, it's been nothing short of amazing. We don't have a lot of additional details about what the plan will look like from here other than he'll have a series of follow-up checks this week with doctors, just to continue to monitor his health."
In addition to Martin, the Indians are also missing Encarnacion, on the disabled list with hand and biceps injuries. The hope is he can start taking batting practice while the team is in Boston but will apparently not be ready to be activated by Tuesday, his first day of eligibility.
Sunday marked the 13th shutout by Indians pitchers this season, tops in the AL. Cleveland and the Pittsburgh Pirates (also 13) trail only the Chicago Cubs (14) for the most shutouts in the majors.

Homer ump in Tampa
Unp in Toronto is homer oriented but has been good with Cashner

Bad ump for Red Sox's
Plaed them very small
average bet on Mets
Ump mild homer no history with Wheeler but mid 5 with Holland
Big homer in Minn reluctant pass on WS
not what I wanted

2 small bets No in Seattle
First half under
Ump Felix 27 innings 2.46ERA
Cole 20 innings 1.20 ETA. Felix?

see the problem was they announced the umps about 4 minutes before game time so I had time to look at 2 of them Oakland had a major homer and hit them and I saw the ump in Seattle and I apparently went insane. Sorry but the games around 7 are hard

Back