Early Discussion for next week games....

Free

give me Football, or give me Death
At a quick glance......

I am liking Balto +3 o/ Tenn...(b/c I picked them to go to S.B.)

Ari+10 o/ Caro (seems like alot of points even though they don't good outside their division or away from home.....still like Caro to go to the big dance but maybe not cover this spread)

Phila +5 or +6 o/NYG (we beat them before we can do it again...teams are almost equal on "D" & "O")

Pitt-6 o/ S.D. (not too sure about this one but at 1st glance I thought the spread would be -3 & S.D. are due for a strong "D" defeat as long as Big Ben protects his head)

If Boldin was healthy would be on Zona 100% here . The line is shockingly high though . I mean Arizona already played down @ Carolina catching 5 outplayed them and choked it away to lose by 4 pts .....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Browns fail to score an offensive touchdown for the eighth straight week in a row.

If Boldin was healthy would be on Zona 100% here . The line is shockingly high though . I mean Arizona already played down @ Carolina catching 5 outplayed them and choked it away to lose by 4 pts .....

:shake:

I agree nut, I had this one at carolina -7.5

Are the books actually DISCOURAGING carolina money here with setting the line so high?

I would take the 10 here. AZ has to feel they let that one slip away from them. SS had one of his "how the hell did he catch the ball, stay in bounds and run 65 to the endzone" catches. Warner had a pass tipped and intercepted in the endzone wich led to a 50 yd FG for Carolina to make the final 27-23. 23 because of a blocked/missed PAT for AZ to take the lead late in the 3rd. The over is probably good as well, better get on it before it hits 50.

I kinda like Tenn -3. They have been laying in the weeds for a few weeks. Will balty benefit from 5 to's again? Or will they lose the TO battle with their rookie QB? Tenn will get a better pass rush going than Miami did. This might be one of those 10-6 or 13-9 type games.

I like the Steelers, they will kill Sproles and Rivers. If Ben is okay, they will win big.

If Boldin won't play then i don't know how Zona will hang with the Panthers. Their defense played all right Sunday but that was at home and they are way better at home. Plus there were parts in the game where they looked foolish. Roddy White simply dominated them so Steve Smith will too. And that two-headed monster of DeAngelo and Jonathan will run on them all day long.

good games for sure--

we must clear our minds and hit winners next week, all of them totals and spreads

I think the high line in Carolina goes back to how the Cards have played in the east coast trips this year. But it looks like the Cards will be playing the late game on saturday, 8pm eastern, so there should be no body clock issues like when they play at 1pm eastern. But I, like the rest of you guys are concerened if Anquan Boldin doesn't play.

I also think the AZ line is a reflection of how nobody really wanted to bet them this weekend either.

Even the most casual fan of the NFL this year was making jokes about the NFC West. So very few gave AZ any credit or chance coming in here. And whether people watched it or not, you're still going to get people who won't believe. After all, Arizona's been so bad for so long, why would you trust them?

That said, I feel this is a bad matchup for AZ. I'm not sure how good Carolina's corners are right now, but if I'm not mistaken their D-line's had a pretty good season. That means pressure and that means Kurt Warner doing his Kurt Warner thing.

Arizona had a good run but I think it ends this weekend as well. They won their division, got a home playoff game which they won and now travel to face an experienced & rested Carolina team.

SU I do not see how AZ wins this game but I think in the past CAR has had difficulty in covering high spreads when they are favored which is worth looking into further.

Like Joe stated I just think this matchup is a bad one for AZ, steve smith could go bonkers on this secondary based on the atlanta game.

my guess is the line is due to AZ's road woes

still, a less than stout D giving DD's to AZ offense is scary

Back