Early CFP 4 Teams

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Similar to how we’ve done for NFL Superbowl, thought it’d be interesting to give our predictions for the CFP to see who can predict the 4 earliest?

Before the season, my 4 probably would have been:
Georgia
Michigan
Notre Dame
USC

Now, I’d have to go with

Michigan
Georgia
UW Huskies
Texas

Michigan vs UW Final

Michigan Champs.

Similar to how we’ve done for NFL Superbowl, thought it’d be interesting to give our predictions for the CFP to see who can predict the 4 earliest?

Georgia
Michigan
Notre Dame
USC

Now, I’d have to go with

Michigan
Georgia
UW Huskies
Texas

Michigan vs UW Final

Michigan Champs.
End the thread right here

Unless we have upsets, the B16 comes down to 3 games.

FYI, unless something wild happens, if all the home teams win those games OSU likely wins the tiebreaker. Remember that.

Obviously a lot of things to happen still.

Texas obviously needs to win out, including a rematch with OU.

Georgia has the cake to get there, sans a trip to Knoxville. Assuming all goes well, who is their Atlanta opponent?

The P12 likely eats itself, although stealing a home win today gives UW the inside track.

Conversely, UNC and FSU can keep on winning.

Last point here, if we see some crazy 2007 stuff and ND wins out with that schedule they likely would be in the discussion.

I don't see any conference getting 2 unless we see some wildness in B12/ACC to knock out a representative.

As of today.

Texas (think they win rematch despite coaching disadvantage)

Georgia (no one else strong enough in that conference -- this is 1990a SEC)

Washington passed the biggest test. They'll play a lot of top 25 coming in. I think even a loss they get in if win in P12 ship unless ACC champ undefeated.

I still think home teams win the 3 games in the B16. That leaves an interesting dilemma with OSU playing an extra game but having lost to Mich but beating PSU. So, we'll leave that for chatter.

This year is SO FITTING, in the fact we really could use an 8 team playoff.

Yep. This year is pretty wide open.
I completely agree re Texas. I’m least confident in them. However, I do think they beat OU if they meet again.

I’m a Pac-2 guy, and my fear is definitely that they cannibalize each other. I DO feel that both UW and Oregon can hang with anyone. Went with UW because I feel they are just a little better.

Georgia will cake walk but they are far from unbeatable.

Michigan looks crazy good. Still haven’t been tested though.

Almost put in FlaSt but I have a sneaky suspicion they will lose some random ass game.

Yep. This year is pretty wide open.
I completely agree re Texas. I’m least confident in them. However, I do think they beat OU if they meet again.

I’m a Pac-2 guy, and my fear is definitely that they cannibalize each other. I DO feel that both UW and Oregon can hang with anyone. Went with UW because I feel they are just a little better.

Georgia will cake walk but they are far from unbeatable.

Michigan looks crazy good. Still haven’t been tested though.

Almost put in FlaSt but I have a sneaky suspicion they will lose some random ass game.
FSU gets Duke and Miami at home so I think the toughest one will surprisingly be at Pitt.

We have a tough three game stretch to end the season but we have the talent and ability to go 3-0 or 0-3. Just gonna enjoy the ride!

Ville losing at Pitt was huge especially with how the tiebreaker works in the ACC. Will come down to record against common opponents if there is a logjam so is beating Pitt will come in handy even if we happen to lose one as long it isn’t to someone ville has defeated

Duke loses 2 out of those 3 and ville loses to either Miami or Duke and we control our own destiny as we would get in to the ACC title game against FSU even with a loss down the road.

Would be hard for them to turn down a 12-1 ACC Champ whoever it ends up being

I do really like them. They’re good all around. I can totally see this. But they’ll need UW to lose a game before the Pac-2 championship game

I think the playoff people will take the winner of the conference ship if it's a rematch. Neutral field.

I think the playoff people will take the winner of the conference ship if it's a rematch. Neutral field.
Oh crap. I forgot they don’t have divisions in the pac. Just the top 2 teams. I was thinking they would be in the same division and thus can’t play each other in the championship game….

Does a 1 loss (regular season) SEC Champion get in over any P5 undefeateds? I think no. Will be interesting to see how the committee would view a one loss UGA (poor schedule) or Alabama (far from dominant, though as tough a schedule as any. of the contenders)

As an Alabama fan, I think our only chance is to win out (obvious) and have either FSU or Washington lose, ideally in their conference championship game. I could definitely see 1 loss Pac 12 champ Oregon getting the nod over Alabama, as would 1 loss Big 12 champ Texas.

B1G champ is in no question. How would the committee view a 1 loss UGA? Does it make a difference if the loss came in the regular season vs the SEC Champ game? I'd have to think so. Looks to be the most entertaining end of the year CFP discussion, though I am still betting on chaos before it's all said and done

Georgia
Michigan
Notre Dame
USC

Now, I’d have to go with

Michigan
Georgia
UW Huskies
Texas

Michigan vs UW Final

Michigan Champs.
Texas will lose again.

Probably on Saturday.
Yes. Oregon will have 1 loss and go to the CFP imo.

Yes, it will win the Pac 12. Lanning has built that team to be a Georgia in the Pacific Northwest. It was always interesting to watch Kelly's Oregon teams and the level of skill players, only to watch them get punched in the mouth on both LOS when championship time rolled around. Now Oregon does the punching.

Horns aren't a FF team, even with Ewers. No ability to generate a pass rush and the defense is too susceptible on the back end. That could change when some of the DBs heal up but the coaching of that unit is just bad. Horns will likely lose Saturday with Murphy at QB.

Last edited:
Back