Eagles vs. Buccaneers Discussion Thread

How can anyone get behind the Eagles after watching the last few weeks.

Gotta wait to see the extent of Hurts and Brown injuries

Just putting this out there...

From week 3:

Philadelphia Eagles​

3-0, 2-0 AWAY
Philadelphia Eagles
Final

1234T
PHI3109325
TB030811

Buccaneers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers​

2-1, 1-1 HOME

AJ ststus?? Eagles look so bad but man tampa is not good at all i mean philly should win but they look completely lost.. tampa couldnt even get in the endzone today… game will probably be an ugly one but would think eagles get it done

Knee injury likely minor
January 7, 2024
The knee injury Brown suffered in Sunday's 27-10 loss to the Giants isn't believed to be serious, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports.
ANALYSIS
Brown exited in the first half of the regular-season finale but was the first player greeting players in the locker room after the game. Jalen Hurts (finger) also left in the first half, and while both players are more likely than not to be available for the wild-card round in Tampa Bay, Philadelphia's injury report heading into the playoffs will be worth monitoring to confirm their availability.

Walking wounded. Hurts middle finger looked broken. Brown banged up.
Baker looks half dead. Evans gonna feast
Wildcard weekend usually profitable.
I always forget is it typically Overs/Dogs?

First game I have a real lean on

Over because I think both offenses will gift each other several short fields and on principle I have to believe they can be converted to points

What a terrible playoff game

First game was so long ago we all said Philly would work out the new coordinator kinks

And since then I actually think Philly has gotten worse and Dave canales has made improvements for Tampa

Philly is my team, and yes, they have definitely gotten worse. Their defense is a joke. That being said, they’ll win this game. Tampa is not good at all. Eagles by 3

My first instinct is that Bucs will upset the Eagles.....that's why I will probably bet Eagles
Yes the Eagles have looked awful, but they were also up I think double digits in 1H of a few of the last games, then choked it all away. Sometimes have to bet on talent and if you go position by position I imagine the Eagles win at most.

QB
RB
WR/TE
OL
DL

LB is Bucs
DB both suck...

Yes the Eagles have looked awful, but they were also up I think double digits in 1H of a few of the last games, then choked it all away. Sometimes have to bet on talent and if you go position by position I imagine the Eagles win at most.

QB
RB
WR/TE
OL
DL

LB is Bucs
DB both suck...
You don't seem to be taking injuries into account

This could easily end up being Baker v Mariota with the way that finger bent

Hard to see AJ playing (or close too effective if he does) so Evans is the biggest offensive weapon on the field

You don't seem to be taking injuries into account

This could easily end up being Baker v Mariota with the way that finger bent

Hard to see AJ playing (or close too effective if he does) so Evans is the biggest offensive weapon on the field
True. Not accounting for unknowns

The more I have looked into it the more I have liked the Bucs this weekend.

Eagles have been flat out terrible on defense the last six weeks or so. Since the Niners handed them their ass they have not been the same team.

To me the Bucs are healthier and better on defense. Just need Baker to not fuck it up.

AJ is a beast, but does him being out take some pressure off Hurts? He’s always bitching when he doesn’t get the ball. That Philly defense is scary to back.

I went Eagles. End of the day all the talk is about their defense and the end of season collapse - fair. Flip side is Baker is hurt, philly could/should have success stopping bad run game so its all about which O will have more success passing to me in simplest terms.

2 inj qbs, good wr/te on each side but phi OL is where im putting my money

Also all the talk of weak schedule… who tf TB beat and even barely lucked out in a 9-0 win vs Carolina. Not like they wiping the floor against loaded teams

Tampa has no wins over a playoff team all season. Eagles have free-fallen. No amount of capping can find an angle in this game.

Slay being back is huge against this Tampa passing attack.

All this being said, I think the Eagles win this one by double digits with more talent on the field.

Back