Eagles-Browns Blockbuster

For the record, I doubt this highly.

Yes, the Browns want a corner. But I'm not sure why they'd want Andrews, their line is in pretty good shape.

This sounds like a rumor from the 700 level.

this was the rumor i was telling you guys about wednesday or thursday from the eagles message board

supposedly john clayton threw it out there

no one believes it had any legs

Smoke,

Crabtree & B-Easy are two completely different recievers. Think of Crab as a Wes Welker...B-Easy as a Moss, the way they work in New Englands system

That being said, they wouldn't do that...this trade rumor is just weird too,

*Disclaimer - all 3 of us are cool with each other so swearing will commence in the next few sentences*

Boldin Joe? Fuck man. No! No! No!

Crabtree is 6'1-6'2 with difficulty getting off the line, he isn't explosive ala a TO or Moss off the line, and does not run deep routes.

Braylon Edwards is a deep threat.

Randy Moss is a deep threat.

Wes Welker is a slot reciever that catches short passes in space and then runs,

Michael Crabtree is a (not sure what type of reciever yet) that catches short passes in space and then runs

Comparing him to Boldin though is just RIDICULOUS. There has never been a WR like Boldin in the league, ever! Owens is the only comparable one.

There is no cornerback in the league that can take Boldin on one on one (blocking wise), he's an absolutely monster match up problem for defenses. And possibly the best blocking WR ever. Well, Terrell probably is, but he's right there...I WILL agree that Crabtree and Boldin will run similar short routes constantly, and try and rack up a ton of yards after the catch, but the comparison between them two starts and ends THERE.

Wow, I made it through that entire post without losing my cool or swearing. +1,

I'm looking up stuff to compare Welker n Crab now

Welker's fast, small, and not a number one WR.

Crabtree's not as big as Boldin, but if he bulks up, I think you'd see the comparison. Crabtree's not Boldin now, no way, he's not big enough, but three years from now, that's what you're hoping to get from him as he puts on some bulk and develops and all around NFL game, blocking etc.

I'm looking up stuff to compare Welker n Crab now

Don't worry about it, I'll never accept it. Simply based on the roles they play. Welker will never be a number one, and that's what the projections are for Crabtree.

Now, if he fails at that and turns into a better number two down the road, then the comparisons may be apt.

Haha, with that type of thinking WOULD YOU EVER WASTE A TOP 10 PICK ON A GUY LIKE THAT?

No.

You'd be hoping he turns into something he hasn't shown himself as being. He never faced tough coverages at Tech, and his one memorable highlight came on a garbage play by the Texas DB (The Catch)

Crabtree is great in space, but there is no space in the NFL unless you're put in a position like guys like AzHakim or Welker - and that is where he compares to them in terms of cutting/quickness

He is NOT out there "Moss"ing anybody though,

But I'll digress with the arguement...especially if you can't be swayed :)

He is NOT out there "Moss"ing anybody though,

Agreed, completely.

I think it's his hands that get people excited. And the truth is, he makes plays.

But, like you said--like Tim Tebow said--I'd love to play against Big XII defenses.

Back