E$PN IN$IDERS - Week 8 College Football

NYGiants25

NY Giants fan, anyone?
Best Week 8 college football bets play

Each week during the 2016 college football season I'll offer up my selections and scores for the weekend's biggest games, along with a handful of other key matchups to keep an eye on.

During the past two years my selections are 144-54 (73 percent) when picking the straight-up (SU) winners during the regular season. The ATS record took a massive hit last week with an unthinkable un-perfect 0-9 against the spread. That dropped the two-year ATS record to 98-96-4 (51 percent) against the spread. The Friday ESPN Podcast record for this year dropped all the way down to 12-11-1. Here are my selections for what should hopefully be a big bounce-back week.

Note: Lines from Westgate SuperBook as of Wednesday morning. (+) indicates a pick in which Phil Steele is taking an underdog with the points.

No. 11 Houston Cougars (-21) at SMU Mustangs
Saturday, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2

Houston had its playoff chances shattered in an upset loss to Navy in the rain two weeks ago. A lot of times, teams languish the week after their bubble is burst, and Houston barely held off Tulsa at the end of its game last week. Houston should get back on track this week, and it has already shown it can put up a lot of points, like it did in its win at Cincinnati by 28 on the road earlier this year. The Cougars are averaging a differential of plus-206 yards per game, and their offense and defense rank in my top 25.

The defense has recorded 19 sacks, and while SMU has been close at the half versus Baylor and TCU, it ultimately lost those games by 27 and 30 points, respectively. It also lost to Temple by 25. Quarterback Ben Hicks has improved weekly, but he's still completing just 51.9 percent of his passes with a 6-9 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Houston should have a decent crowd on hand, and it should be able to get its train back on the tracks.

ATS pick: Houston
Score: Houston 41, SMU 16

Oklahoma State Cowboys at Kansas Jayhawks (+24)
Saturday, noon, Fox Sports 1

Oklahoma State is fresh off a bye and barely got past Iowa State in its last game after trailing 31-14. Kansas is a much stronger team than last year, and the biggest difference is its defense. They are allowing 425 yards per game, but that number is a bit skewed as they've taken on the potent attacks of Memphis, Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor. Kansas is holding its foes to an average of 52 yards below their season average per game, which is the No. 32 mark in the country. Kansas almost beat TCU in its last home game, missing a winning field goal on the final play in a 24-23 loss; the Jayhawks actually had a 470-366 yard edge in that game.

Kansas is plus-64 yards per game at home and minus-214 yards per game on the road. Oklahoma State is on the road for just the second time this year and lost in its only other trip, at Baylor. It has a showdown with West Virginia on deck that it might be looking ahead to, and I'll call for the Jayhawks to keep this a lot closer than expected.

ATS pick: Kansas (+)
Score: Oklahoma State 41, Kansas 23

Memphis Tigers at No. 24 Navy Midshipmen (+3)
Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network

Navy usually has its option fine-tuned in the second half of the year. During the past four years it has averaged 27.4 points per game in its first six games, and in the next five games (leading up to Army), it has averaged 39.6 points per game. On the other hand, Memphis does have the benefit of having just faced an option attack last week, when it beat Tulane by 10. Navy has won all six of its American Athletic Conference home games, but it's a 'dog here.

Last year it handled a Paxton Lynch-led Memphis team 45-20 on the road. Two weeks ago Memphis was outgained by Temple 531-323, but somehow managed to find a way to win. With Memphis on a second straight road game, I side with Navy, fresh off a win against Houston at home and an unexpected bye.

ATS pick: Navy (+)
Score: Navy 28, Memphis 25

No. 22 North Carolina Tar Heels at Virginia Cavaliers (+9)
Saturday, 3:00 p.m. ET, ACC Network

How much will North Carolina have left in the tank for this one? It got a last-second touchdown pass to get past Pittsburgh, a last-second field goal to upset Florida State at home, lost a key game to Virginia Tech in sloppy conditions, and last week upset a ranked Miami squad on the road. That's four crucial ACC battles versus mostly ranked teams, and the Tar Heels now have to take to the road for a third time in four weeks.

Virginia upset solid Central Michigan and Duke teams in back-to-back weeks, and then had a bye. Last week it had a 314-182 yard edge at home versus Pitt, but a key 59-yard interception return for a TD with 59 seconds left in the first half helped do the Cavaliers in. Virginia will be playing at its best in the second half of the season under new head coach Bronco Mendenhall, and it'll take this one to the wire.

ATS pick: Virginia (+)
Score: North Carolina 31, Virginia 27

No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes (-19.5) at Penn State Nittany Lions
Saturday, 8:00 p.m. ET, ABC

The situation greatly favors Penn State as it's fresh off a bye, while Ohio State was fortunate to escape with a win last week at Wisconsin and now have to travel again to play in front of another hostile crowd. Penn State has played just one bad game all year, when its banged up team limped into Ann Arbor and got dominated by Michigan, where it was outgained 515-191 and lost by 39.

In the past nine meetings in Happy Valley, Penn State won four with its five losses by a deficit of 7, 12, 17, 20 and 1. Most of those facts point to Penn State covering here, but I'll side with Ohio State to bounce back with a solid win on the road with what I have as my No. 2 rated offense, No. 4 rated defense and No. 11 rated special teams. Penn State ranks just No. 48, 58 and 48 in those three phases. The Buckeyes also beat Oklahoma by 21 on the road this year.

ATS pick: Ohio State
Score: Ohio State 41, Penn State 17

Washington State Cougars at Arizona State Sun Devils (+7.5)
Saturday, 10:00 p.m. ET, Pac 12 Network

Washington State has been very impressive, with blowout outright upset wins against Oregon and Stanford, and then last week it beat one of the Pac 12 South favorites in UCLA. It did benefit from Stanford being extremely banged up after four straight tough games heading into that game, which had it without its top two cornerbacks. Last week, UCLA was without quarterback Josh Rosen and Wazzu faced a quarterback making his first start -- and it only beat the Bruins by six with a 55 yard edge at home.

Arizona State has been blown out by USC and Colorado, but both games were on the road. At home the Sun Devils have beaten Texas Tech, California and a UCLA team that did have Rosen under center. Quarterback Manny Wilkins was far from 100 percent healthy last week, but will be healthier this week.

ATS pick: Arizona State (+)
Score: Arizona State 38, Washington State 37

TCU Horned Frogs (+6.5) at No. 12 West Virginia Mountaineers
Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN2

Yes, I realize that last week I called for Texas Tech, in this column, to pull the upset against West Virginia. I thought Patrick Mahomes would've been healthier than he was. This week, West Virginia is at home and laying less than a touchdown to TCU. I will point out that I won with both Kansas State and BYU against West Virginia in previous weeks, and TCU is stronger than both of those two teams; in fact, it''ll be the strongest team West Virginia has faced so far.

West Virginia is now playing with unbeaten pressure, as the players start talking about a Big 12 title, staying unbeaten and making the playoffs. TCU is fresh off a bye, and while it has two losses, it had a 572-403 yard edge versus Arkansas despite coming up three points short. It lost to a powerful Oklahoma team by six, in a game in which it was only outgained 534-514. TCU is unranked, playing without pressure and won in its last trip to Morgantown. Also worth mentioning is the fact it was 30 points better than the Mountaineers last year. TCU has a large edge on special teams, and that tips the game in its favor.

ATS pick: TCU (+)
Score: TCU 31, West Virginia 30

Colorado Buffaloes at Stanford Cardinal (-1.5)
Saturday, 3:00 p.m. ET, Pac 12 Network

Colorado is the only team in college football that has beaten the Las Vegas number each week. It's tough to go against that kind of streak, but in this case the value is there. Stanford has taken on the toughest schedule in the country and has beaten USC, UCLA and Notre Dame. The defense finally got some key players back, including cornerback Quenton Meeks, and held a potent Irish offense to 307 yards.

While Stanford is a slight favorite, it probably feels like the 'dog here. Colorado is a legitimate Pac 12 South contender at 4-1 in the conference, having outgained its previous opponents by 159 yards per game. It's worth noting, though, that two weeks ago Colorado was outgained 539-371 versus USC and could've lost that game by double digits instead of just four points. Stanford has my No. 18 ranked special teams unit and Colorado's just No. 107, and that will be the difference here.

ATS pick: Stanford
Score: Stanford 24, Colorado 20

Purdue Boilermakers at No. 8 Nebraska Cornhuskers (-24)
Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN2

Normally, when a team fires its head coach, it comes out with a determined effort the next week. There are three keys to laying the big points with Nebraska here. First, Purdue has a banged up defense, and in three Big Ten games they've allowed 360 rushing yards per game and 7.4 yards per carry. Nebraska is at its best when it can run the ball and has averaged 221 yards per game on the ground.

Secondly, Purdue is coming off of a game with a misleading final score. It trailed Iowa 42-14 with 261 total yards heading into the fourth quarter and the Hawkeyes put their backups in; Purdue put up 243 yards after that and "only" lost by 14. The third and final factor is Nebraska is playing with legitimate revenge on its mind. Last year it started a backup quarterback and was outplayed on the road, trailing 42-16 after three quarters.

ATS pick: Nebraska
Score: Nebraska 45, Purdue 16

Fallica and Coughlin's best Week 8 CFB bets

After an impressive 2015 season, "Stanford Steve" Coughlin of SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt and Chris Fallica of ESPN Stats & Information and College GameDay are back. Every week during the college football season, they'll give their best bets for picking the weekend's top college football games.

2016 record:
Fallica: 19-23 ATS
Coughlin: 16-16-3 ATS

2015 season record:
Fallica: 53-40-3 ATS (55.2 percent)
Coughlin: 38-29-3 ATS (54.3 percent)

2014 season record:
Fallica: 44-40 ATS (52.4 percent)
Coughlin: 45-28-1 ATS (60.8 percent)

Note: Against the spread (ATS) and total picks are in bold. Odds are courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.

Texas A&M Aggies (+18.5) at Alabama Crimson Tide (over/under: 58.5)
Coughlin: Is there a number so high that you don't feel good laying points with the Crimson Tide these days? I can't be more impressed with true freshman QB Jalen Hurts, who has accounted for 17 TDs thus far. It's amazing how much he is producing while being asked to do way more than many upperclassman quarterbacks. Between zone reads in the run game and decisions in the passing game, he seems to have no weaknesses, which must make opposing teams very nervous before they step on the field with Alabama.

On the other hand, you have the Aggies coming off a bye. Texas A&M features as balanced an offense as there is in the SEC, run by offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone and transfer QB Trevor Knight -- and we all know Knight beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl when he was at Oklahoma. This will be as high level a game as we watch all year. I think with the attacking style each defense utilizes, along with the playmaking ability on each of these offenses, a lot of points will be scored in this game. I'm just not sure if A&M can play a whole 60 minutes in Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Pick: Alabama 38, Texas A&M 27 (take the over)

Fallica: We have to make a pick on the common game (editor's note: Sorry, Fallica), so while I really don't love this game, I will take the under for record-keeping purposes. It's hard to play against Alabama, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to laying 19 points in a top-six matchup. By the way, history says take the points here, as in the last 30 years only four other times has a top-six matchup seen a spread greater than 14 points. In all four of those instances, the underdog easily covered, and twice won outright. FPI has the game Alabama -10 and I'm still petrified taking the points with full confidence. Thus, I'll say take the under.

I think A&M will do a good enough job running the ball and with the short passing game to eat some clock without too many TD drives, and eliminate some big plays defensively. The Crimson Tide certainly can't score multiple non-offensive TDs again, can they?

Pick: Alabama 31, Texas A&M 21 (under 58.5)

Auburn Tigers (-10) vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
Fallica: Our FPI numbers have Auburn -15 in this game, so I will again put faith in our power rankings. These two teams have beaten the teams they should have this year, combined losing to No. 6 Texas A&M twice, No. 4 Clemson and No. 1 Alabama. Auburn has had an off week since a dominating road win at Mississippi State, so that lessens a potential letdown here. As bad as things have been for Auburn the last two years, the Tigers blew out the Hogs at Jordan-Hare two years ago and put up 46 in a loss at Arkansas last year. The Tigers defense is much improved and Arkansas has one of the worst rush defenses in the SEC. I expect a methodical Auburn offense to get its yards on the ground, the defense to eliminate big plays, as it has done so well this year and come away with a solid win over a good Arkansas team, which might be set up for a less than optimal performance after games with Alabama and Ole Miss the last two weeks.

ATS pick: Auburn 34, Arkansas 20

Coughlin: If you read my column or listen to our podcast you know my love for backing Bret Bielema and my respect for Gus Malzahn, So, this game is a tough one to decipher.

In the last 25 meetings overall, Auburn has outscored Arkansas by just four points (633-629). Last year it took four overtimes before the Razorbacks escaped with a 54-46 win after the teams finished regulation deadlocked at 24. Now, I don't see the game being as crazy as that one, but I do believe this will be a highly competitive game, especially seeing how the Razorbacks bounced back last week with a win over Ole Miss a week after feeling the wrath of the Crimson Tide. The Tigers offense has been getting plenty of love after it went into Starkville and put it on the Bulldogs a couple weeks back. I just don't see it being that superior to the 'Hogs defense, and i see the gutsy QB of Arkansas, Austin Allen, keeping his team in the game the whole way. Hogs lose a tight one, take the points.

ATS pick: Auburn 27, Arkansas 24

Oregon Ducks (+3) at California Golden Bears
Fallica: Oregon has dominated the series lately, as it has much of the Pac-12, winning seven straight. Even last year with No. 1 pick Jared Goff at QB for Cal, the Ducks -- who weren't very good defensively in 2015 -- held Cal to 28. Oregon had a much-needed week off after being shredded by Washington State and Washington. As bad as things have been for the Ducks, they nearly beat Nebraska and Colorado, both of whom are better than Cal. And Cal's defense is close to being as poor as Oregon's. Ducks QB Justin Herbert likely learned a lot in the off week after being subjected to Washington in his first start and should be able to put up a lot of points here. This is one of a few winnable games left on the Ducks schedule. I think they'll get one here.

ATS pick: Oregon 44, Cal 42

San José State Spartans (+23.5) at San Diego State Aztecs
Fallica: I'm again putting my faith in our power ratings, as we have the Aztecs -17 here, which gives us about a TD worth of value. The Spartans have played better in Mountain West play, losing by a TD to New Mexico, beating Nevada and losing as a favorite vs. Hawaii. I think the loss at South Alabama shook San Diego State a little bit. Last week against Fresno State, which is 115th in our FPI, the Aztecs won just 17-3. A week earlier, SDSU beat UNLV just 26-7. So while the defense has done its job, maybe the fact Donnel Pumphrey has carried the ball 167 times already -- 69 times in the last two games --might be wearing on him some.

ATS pick: San Diego State 31, San Jose State 14

Northwestern Wildcats (-1.5) vs. Indiana Hoosiers
Fallica: After a slow start, Northwestern has exploded for 92 points in the last two weeks. This could be a must-win for the Wildcats in order to get to a bowl game. Sitting at 3-3, with likely losses the next two weeks at Ohio State and vs. Wisconsin, the Cats would prefer not needing to win their final three games to reach a bowl. As has been the case the last couple of years, Indiana has more often than not found ways to lose winnable games. Northwestern has won the last four meetings, including the last two years when the Cats scored 44 and 59. We have Northwestern -8 according to our power ratings and that looks like some pretty fair value to me.

ATS pick: Northwestern 33, Indiana 24

East Carolina Pirates (+2) at Cincinnati Bearcats
Fallica: Cincinnati sure has the look of a team ready to check out for the season after a blowout loss to South Florida and an uninspired offensive effort vs Connecticut. The Bearcats are 108th in offensive efficiency and 61st in defensive efficiency. In a game where the defenses are similar, I'll go with the better offense even if the QB situation is a little uncertain due to injury right now with Philip Nelson and Gardner Minshew. The last three meetings were all one-score games and those pitted better Cincinnati teams vs. worse ECU teams. Seems like a good spot for the Pirates.

ATS pick: East Carolina 27, Cincinnati 23

Miami (OH) RedHawks (+5) at Bowling Green Falcons
Fallica: I mentioned on the Behind the Bets podcast this week that I had a couple games which I wasn't sure about adding to the column, but I decided to go ahead and do it. Our numbers have Miami a slight favorite. Bowling Green hasn't beaten an FBS team all year, despite the fact all three MAC games have been one-score games. Miami's defense should be able to keep the RedHawks in the game (lead MAC in total defense) against a Bowling Green offense which is nowhere near prolific as in years past. The Falcons also boast the conference's worst defense and that might alleviate concerns over Miami's QB situation. With these teams seemingly so even, I think it's smart to take the points.

ATS pick: Bowling Green 28, Miami 27

Kent State Golden Flashes (+3.5) vs. Ohio Bobcats
Fallica: Our numbers have Kent State a slight favorite. The Golden Flashes offense has been better in MAC play, outside of putting up 14 points last week on the road versus the top defense in the MAC (Miami OH). Ohio U was upset as a TD favorite last week against Eastern Michigan and struggled the week before at home vs. Bowling Green. The Bobcats seem like a completely different team that beat Kansas and hung around in Tennessee, and they might be a little inflated as a result of those games. It looks like defenses should standout here and in a coin flip game, I'll trust our numbers and side with the home 'dog.

ATS pick: Kent State 20, Ohio 17

BYU Cougars (+7) at Boise State Broncos (O/U: 57.5)
Coughlin: You have to think the Blue Broncos come into this game with a bad taste in their mouths for a couple reasons. First off, they were 45 seconds away from beating the Cougars last year in Provo, before blowing a lead and a cover (which was featured on "Bad Beats" on SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt), plus Boise had a sloppy end to its game last week, giving up consecutive onside kicks to Colorado State to make that game way closer than it actually was. The game will be played on the Smurf Turf of Albertson's Stadium in Boise, in front of what should be a juiced-up crowd for Thursday night football, as the game is part of a double header on ESPN.

Boise State QB Brett Rypien leads the Mountain West with 1,622 yards passing and 12 TD passes and his favorite WR Thomas Sperbeck has half of them. I still think the BYU offense looks jumbled up at times with Taysom Hill just not looking like a natural fit in Ty Detmer's scheme. I see Boise getting out to a lead and forcing the Cougars to throw the ball, taking RB Jamal Williams out of the game. Take the boys from Boise.

ATS pick: Boise State 31, BYU 19

Ohio State Buckeyes (-20) at Penn State Nittany Lions (O/U: 58.5)
Coughlin: The home underdog Nittany Lions off a bye, 107,000 fans expected for a white-out Saturday night in Happy Valley and a coaching matchup of epic proportions between James Franklin and Urban Meyer. What else can you ask for on a Saturday night in October?

Again the Buckeyes face a home team coming off a bye, so I think their defense will be caught off guard at the beginning of the game, as Penn State will have a coulple tricks up its sleeve, but will they be able to convert those opportunities into TDs, or will the Buckeyes limit them to FGs, as they did last week in Madison vs. the Badgers, thus staying in the game. We know JT Barrett won close game here two years ago, but that Penn State defense was good; this one has been decimated by injuries. I see another high-scoring affair in what will be another tough spot on the road for youngsters from Columbus, but they average 49 points and Penn State averages giving up 30. Take the over.

Pick: Ohio State 45, Penn State 24 (take the over)

Wisconsin Badgers (-3) at Iowa Hawkeyes
Coughlin: It's tough to predict what happens when the Heartland Trophy is at stake. For those that don't know what the trophy is, it's a bull mounted on a walnut base, which is native to both Wisconsin and Iowa. We know this is a tough spot for the Badgers after a tough loss to Ohio State last week in overtime, but Wisconsin has won seven of its last eight games as a ranked team against an unranked opponent and Iowa has lost four straight against AP top-10 teams. The most amazing thing about the Badgers season so far is that they are the only FBS team to face four teams that were ranked in the AP top 10 at the time of the game; no other team has had more than two such games. Wisconsin expects to get back Vince Biegel, the Badgers' most experienced linebacker and a team captain, and I think their defense dominates the Iowa offense and the Badgers get a win to halt their two-game losing streak.

ATS pick: Wisconsin 27, Iowa 10

Best Week 8 college football totals bets

Using an advanced, metrics-driven computer algorithm as a foundation, Warren Sharp incorporates his in-depth research into game theory, efficiency, play-calling success rates and scheme utilization to uncover inefficiencies in the NFL and college football totals market.

Every Thursday during the football season, he will share with Chalk his top totals bets for the upcoming college football weekend. Warren will offer leans or plays, with the plays divided based on strength between full recommendations and split recommendations (with split recommendations suggested at half the weight as a full recommendation).

2016 record:
Full recommendations: 2-2 (50 percent)
Split recommendations: 3-1 (75 percent)

2015 record:
Full recommendations: 16-7 (70 percent)
Split recommendations: 9-11 (45 percent)
2015 Final weighted record: 20.5-12.5 (62 percent)

Here are his top Week 8 college football totals bets:

North Texas Mean Green at Army Black Knights
Total: 51.5

Army's potent run offense should give North Texas trouble, as the Black Knights rank 47th in rush efficiency and first in rushing rate and are facing the 118th rated run defense of the Mean Green -- plus, North Texas has not faced a rush offense nearly as potent or as grueling as Army's. The Mean Green's closest opponent was Middle Tennessee, whose rush offense ranks 61st. But Middle Tennessee is one of the most pass heavy teams in football, and thus did not attack the weakness of the North Texas defense nearly as often.

Meanwhile, the fact that North Texas is also pass heavy -- but so inefficient when passing -- should ensure clock stoppages on incompletions, allowing Army to get the ball back and convert in the red zone with its 10th rated red zone offense.

ESPN Chalk play: Army team total Over 35 points* (split recommendation)
*derived from spread and game total

Texas A&M Aggies at Alabama Crimson Tide
Total: 58.5

As great as Alabama's defense has been, the Tide's offense is more than holding its own. In fact, they'll be the highest octane Texas A&M has faced this season by a long distance. The biggest weakness for the Aggies are their pass defense, rated 109th. The Crimson Tide's third-rated run offense should easily have their way with the Aggies on the ground. The best run offense the Aggies faced prior to this was Tennessee, and the Volunteers rushed for 282 yards at 5.5 yards per carry and amassed 684 total yards offensively.

The success by Alabama's offense should drive the Aggies to run up tempo starting very early and throughout the course of the game, considering the stakes at hand. The Aggies rank eighth in explosive play offense, making them the most explosive Alabama has faced since Mississippi when the Tide allowed 43 points. It is clearly vital that the Aggies hit on some of these big plays, but their offense is more efficient than Arkansas, who just put up 30 on the Crimson Tide.

With two weeks to prepare an offensive game plan, I expect the Aggies to attack deep early and desperately late -- and with the Tide running for large chunks, I expect this one to land in the 60s.

ESPN Chalk play: Over 58.5 (full recommendation)

Memphis Tigers at Navy Midshipmen
Total:56

Their only meeting in recent memory came last year, when the Midshipmen rushed for 374 yards at 5.7 yards per attempt (while only passing the ball five times the entire game). But the fact that the Memphis defense has no ability to stop this style of offense, which the Tigers face so infrequently, it should translate into success offensively for Navy.

The Midshipmen rank fourth in rush efficiency, and Memphis has not faced a team ranking above 45th this year. Meanwhile, the Tigers offense has been able to outscore every one of their opponents this year not named Mississippi, and sit at 5-1 on the season. They are one of the most pass heavy teams, and apart from Houston (who put up 40 points on Navy), is the most efficient offense Navy has faced this season.

ESPN Chalk play: Over 56 (split recommendation)

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders at Missouri Tigers
While the Middle Teneessee offense has scored in the mid- to upper-30s against the Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech and Bowling Green defenses, it could be a different story on the road in Missouri. While the Tigers defense has been bad, their large point allowances in the 40s came on the road against SEC competition.

The negative in this game is fast tempo on both sides, featuring a lot of passing, which will create a ton of plays. But Missouri's weakness has been its 106th-ranked run defense. The Tigers pass defense actually ranks 33rd in efficiency, far better than the defenses of the three teams mentioned above, which ranked 99th or worse in pass efficiency.

ESPN Chalk lean: Middle Tennessee team total Under 32.5*
*derived from spread and game total

"But the fact that the memphis defense has no ability to stop this style of offense, which the Tigers face so infrequently, should translate into success offensivel for Navy"

Uhhhhhhh

Thanks for posting, NYG.

These guys all have access to some solid ESPN metrics. ESPN doesn't make it public, but these handicappers always reveal some good information.

Ohio State Buckeyes (-20) at Penn State Nittany Lions (O/U: 58.5)
Coughlin: The home underdog Nittany Lions off a bye, 107,000 fans expected for a white-out Saturday night in Happy Valley and a coaching matchup of epic proportions between James Franklin and Urban Meyer.

huh

pretty sure they were joking...they rip on franklin every week for not being able to beat any team with a ranked number next to their name

Back