Dwights Week #Sticks--Tell me why I'm wrong

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Va Tech -2.5--Thursday night at home in Blacksburg against a bipolar Maryland team in what boils down to a must win game. I would take the Hokies if they let me play quarterback. I expect a hell of an effort from their defense and special teams tomorrow and I honestly believe they win by 10+, scoring 2TDs on either defense or special teams.

Mich St -9.5--this is a slight lean at this point but I just don't see Purdue succeeding in this matchup. They are hurt after ruining Tiller's last season and each week has to be getting harder and harder. That being said, MSU still has a whole hell of a lot left to play for and after an emotional last second win last week they should be ready to go again playing for bowl positioning

UNC -4--if Nesbit doesn't play for GT I am all over this one. The Tarheels cover at home and this is an enormous Coastal division matchup. Without Nesbit and with the GT defense looking worse and worse, I think the Heels run shit here in front of a pumped home crowd.

UVA +3.5--just a slight lean. Wake's offense has been horrible lately and their defense just gave up 30 to Duke in an OT win. I really don't think they are a good football team and UVA has been playing lights out to save Groh's job. I really see UVA keeping this one close and I believe they pull out the win SU here.

Duke -3.5--Cutcliffe has them laying it on the line every single week. I am not worried about last weeks heartbreaking loss at all. They would love to beat NCSU and I really don't see NCSU having their heart in this game at all. Easy Duke win IMO

Oklahoma -27.5--gotta ride the blowout train and I certainly don't see it stopping in College Station. This one should be ugly fast and I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sooners with a 4TD halftime lead, much less at the end of regulation.

Pitt -6.5--I'll go with the better team at home, coming off a big win against the shitty team who has mailed it in for the season. I don't understand this line at all which likely means UL wins SU

H

Definetly agree with ya on Tech tomorrow night......I noticed a few of your teams are coming off overtimes(UVA,Duke, and Pitt), something I traditionally don't like to do...I never lay a number over 14, just something I don't do...not that those have never covered, just don't like playing them...MichSt and UNC I have no clue.

Good luck to ya Dwight! Go Hokies!

I completely agree with you on GT/UNC, Dwight. It all comes down to whether or not Nesbit plays.

GL this week bro!

:shake:

Va Tech -2.5
Mich St -9.5
UNC -4--
UVA +3.5
Duke -3.5
Oklahoma -27.5
Pitt -6.5

VT is interesting game, Holt is big athletic QB and can probably make some plays with his feet. Maryland is so inconsistent, this game is likely a no play for me. Hard to go against VT on thursday night

Could see MSU covering
UNC game depends on Nesbitt as you said. I believe its an ankle injury so what are the chances it flares up again.
UVA has been playing well, def improving as the yr has gone on
Kind of leaned NCST here but a no play more than likely
I don't trust LVille at all and doubt see them covering either

Like Tech and UNC. Have no opinions on the others yet really...

UNC line opened up at like 2.5 or 3 though--liked it better then , now up to 4 I see...don't see it coming back down either.

I wouldn't touch the UVa game. They suck on the road and I don't think you can predict how they will respond to a truly heartbreaking loss last weekend against Miami. Jim Grobe @ home with a short line is a system play as well.

Loving Duke!!! I'm hoping it drops to 3 some time but will still play it at -3.5

BOL..

Back