DTR's Dad tearing Chip apart...

Entertaining stuff. What do people think about the Lavar Ball comparison?

When he pulls his younger son out of 4th grade kickball to send him to Khazikstan so they can go pro in their football league, they’ll be like 2 peas in a pod. Until then, LaVar is still is a loser asshat egomaniac and this guy is pissed at his star QB kid being miscoached by a guy that’s fucked up his last 2 jobs badly. Dad wins.

When he pulls his younger son out of 4th grade kickball to send him to Khazikstan so they can go pro in their football league, they’ll be like 2 peas in a pod. Until then, LaVar is still is a loser asshat egomaniac and this guy is pissed at his star QB kid being miscoached by a guy that’s fucked up his last 2 jobs badly. Dad wins.

Thank you. I couldn‘t remember why I hated Lavar but felt sympathy and support for this guy

Complete dumbness. Lavar ball 2.

Ucla = new coach, new schemes, true frosh an. Too much change. Oh yea they lost to Oklahoma who's a very good team and Fresno State coming off a 10 win season w most guys back.

The qb's father is an idiot and I would say it to his face

Complete dumbness. Lavar ball 2.

Ucla = new coach, new schemes, true frosh an. Too much change. Oh yea they lost to Oklahoma who's a very good team and Fresno State coming off a 10 win season w most guys back.

The qb's father is an idiot and I would say it to his face

I will say that any balanced father would never consider isolating his son in such a polarizing way. Dude might be frustrated and not corrupt like Lavar but still be very wrong.

He is like half the dads at pop Warner or girl travel softball, way too much invested in his child's athletic pursuits.

I already know that when this kid was younger his dad did all of the maneuvers and manipulating these types of parents do to get his kid to the head of the line. I already know all about this dad, seen him my whole life.

I remember showing up at open Freshman baseball tryouts at Fairfield Prep, 185 boys for 12 spots. Sheeeeeeeet. Dude I literally struck out Mo Vaugn twice in game 2 weeks before, haha.

Save the drama wannabe dad.

Last edited:
Must have worked for him at Bishop Gorman.

Chip has forgotten more about football than any of us know. It is a very bad look and makes one wonder if it is laying groundwork for a transfer

Both jobs in the NFL where it is a completely different ballgame than college. his last college gig he was a smashing success and has been a highly sought after head coach for colleges ever since.

I feel like Chip Kelly was ahead of the game with his play fast pell mell style, but football has caught up with him now. It's not unique anymore, teams are used to playing against it.

Both jobs in the NFL where it is a completely different ballgame than college. his last college gig he was a smashing success and has been a highly sought after head coach for colleges ever since.

I agree wholeheartedly that he wasn’t cut or ready or had a style that could succeed in the NFL. But Marsski makes an outstanding point and one that I agree with...when Chip started the speed offense, it was an anomaly...nobody had seen it and he had people on their toes.

But a lot has changed in the college game since he was last at Oregon. You’ve got 50 teams running spread, there are new things a lot of these teams are doing as they run it as well as defenders who now are getting more used to it.

Listen, UCLA’s major problem right now is they are void of talent. But let’s not make it appear as if Chip hasn’t done some odd things so far. Wilton Speight? That move mad no sense to me from the beginning...and does he want to go speed offense? Like cubsker mentioned they were under center
In short yardage, so I’ve started questioning whether Chip knows What kind of offense he wants to run right now...or what he has to run because of the lack of talent. Just feel like so much was odd for this crew from the getgo like not naming a starter until less than 48 hours before opener...closed practices all summer camp...Chip will need (and deserves) a few years to get his guys...but I don’t know if he’ll ever be the coach he once was and ever get back to where he had that Oregon program. Time will tell I suppose...

Tend to agree that ucla wont ever reach national title contending level in chips era but i dont think it is because of Chip

Tend to agree that ucla wont ever reach national title contending level in chips era but i dont think it is because of Chip

right. it's because unlike other schools, UCLA only takes athletes that have shown they can excel in the classroom as well. they have some of the toughest entrance standards of any school not named Stanford or Cal in the FBS division. in fact, i think cal took 5 hardship cases per year while UCLA took none. i am not a Bruin apologist, i am just stating it as i see it

Chip is an idiot. I say this as a bitter Eagles fan, and I do get that the college and pro game are very different. However, after taking the world by storm year 1, he basically stopped being creative. It was baffling; he ran about 4 different plays total. He was supposed to be creative, innovative, ballsy. He didn't do any of that; didn't go for 2, didn't go for it on 4th down, all of the things we expected. He just called check down after check down and cut all the black players.

Ironically, Doug P has turned out to be exactly what we expected Chip to be. It is weird as hell though; its like after 2014 he lost his creativity and balls completely and became nothing short of vanilla

Back