Dr Bob Wednesday

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
2 Star Selection
**SOUTHERN MISS (-20.5) 43 Rice 13
05:00 PM Pacific, 03-Oct-07

Southern Miss was embarrassed on national TV last Thursday night in Boise, but I doubt head coach Jeff Bower will let that happen again. Bower has been the head coach at Southern Miss for 17 years and his teams are 30-8-1 ATS in the next game after losing by 10 points or more, including 12-1 ATS recently and 5-0 ATS as a home favorite of 14 points or more. Bower’s teams are also 8-2 ATS in all games as a home favorite of 18 points or more with the two spread losses coming by a combined 3 points. The Eagles will be without starting quarterback Jeremy Young for a few weeks and backup Stephen Reaves was hurt in practice this week so red-shirt freshman Martevious Young will get his first action. M-Young out played Stephen Reaves in the off-season and was 10 of 13 passing for 155 yards in the final scrimmage before the season started, so he’s probably no worse than Reaves would have been. Reaves rates at 0.7 yppp worse than average over his career, going back to his days at Michigan State, and I’ll assume Martevious Young will be about the same although some local sources think Young will be better than Reaves would have been. The Rice defense is horrible (6.9 yards per play allowed to teams that would average only 5.0 yppl against an average defensive team) so Young should have a good outing and star running back Damion Fletcher (387 yards in 4 games at 5.0 ypr) will get the ball a lot against a sub-par Rice defensive front. The Owls are not nearly as good offensively this season under first year coach David Bailiff as they were last season under innovative coach Todd Graham, as Rice has managed just 4.1 yppl (against teams that would allow 5.4 yppl to an average attack). Southern Miss was not good defensively last week in Boise and they rate at 0.4 yppl worse than average for the season, but the Eagles should be able to handle the Rice attack. My math model would have favored the Eagles by 27 ½ points with starter Jeremy Young at quarterback and the math still favors Southern Miss by 23 ½ points with Martevious Young at quarterback based on conservative assumptions. The Eagles apply to a very good 53-15-2 ATS big home favorite bounce-back situation tonight in addition to their good team trends under Bower. I’ll take Southern Miss in a 2-Star Best Bet at -23 points or less.

Correct if I am wrong, but I have dr Bob 3-9 in his last 12 selections, not pretty for those who believe he is special.

with the uncertainty in this game, I don't like this wager. He thinks smiss will get 40+ points with the 3rd string QB...?

I don't. They may cover, but I don't like his play.

I got Southern Miss. -12 for the 1st half. Not crazy about it, just needed a fix waiting for tomorrow nights big one between the Cats and Cocks.

GL in what ever you play

Maybe I'm crazy, but...is anybody else here liking the UNDER in this game? (Currently sitting at 54.5)

I'm so ready to pull the trigger, and it would be my first totals play of the season.

You know the Southern Miss defense will show up to play, especially after getting waxed on national TV last week at Boise State. Their 3rd string QB is starting, and they have a good RB in Fletcher. They could, and should stick to their ground game.

Rice, on the other hand, is only averaging 15 points in their first two road games this season (@ Baylor and @ Texas). However, they do typically keep the games competitive with their conference foes. The ONLY player on Rice that scares me is Dillard. The kid is a stud, but...as long as Southern Miss doubles him every play, they should be solid.

Matter of fact, I'm pulling the trigger right now. UNDER 54.5!

GL fellas! :cheers:

Maybe I'm crazy, but...is anybody else here liking the UNDER in this game? (Currently sitting at 54.5)

I'm so ready to pull the trigger, and it would be my first totals play of the season.

You know the Southern Miss defense will show up to play, especially after getting waxed on national TV last week at Boise State. Their 3rd string QB is starting, and they have a good RB in Fletcher. They could, and should stick to their ground game.

Rice, on the other hand, is only averaging 15 points in their first two road games this season (@ Baylor and @ Texas). However, they do typically keep the games competitive with their conference foes. The ONLY player on Rice that scares me is Dillard. The kid is a stud, but...as long as Southern Miss doubles him every play, they should be solid.

Matter of fact, I'm pulling the trigger right now. UNDER 54.5!

GL fellas! :cheers:

I agree. 50 unit play for me. Go defense.

Rice/Southern Miss Under 54.5 (-106)

Here's the thing. last week notwithstanding, Southern Miss plays defense. Young is also out with a high ankle sprain, and Reaves doesn't scramble like Young can...he can pass short drops and quick outs, but he hasn't been consistent with them yet. And he won't run around much.

I don't figure either team will break their TT. In fact, I rather doubt Smiss lets Rice get out of single digits, and without Young some of the more difficult defensive looks will be gone - the option won't be quite as effective, and there won't be any Young scrambles for 10 to 15 yards to get a FD conversion - so I'm thinking Southern Miss will be in the 20s.

What would kill this bet is an overabundance of stupid turnovers leading to immediate points. Otherwise, between offensive ineptitude and defensive stops, this score should be rather low.

or I could be completely wrong.

:shake:

Awesome red! I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that it's a well played game on both sides.

:cheers:

I really liked the under. With a RF QB in there for S Miss, one would think that they will feed the ball to Fletcher all game. That would keep the clock going. But I see so a lot of good cappers on the over, it has scared me away. Maybe I am missing somethin here. So I took a play I am not that up on, S Miss -20.5.

Dr Bob is on his way to 3-10 last 13, pls tell me people are not paying this joker for his plays. Laying 20 with a 3rd string QB makes no sense at all, none! :hang:

lol dr bob blows... serioulsy he bets every mac team every week.. miami ohio could be his favorite football team lol... who pays big money for these picks that make the lines move??

Back