Dolphins/ Jets with good points

chips t

Pretty much a regular
Farve has been saying that playing next year will depend on his shoulder. He has said that he feels his body aging. He is dinged up and has nothing in the tank. I saw on espn some figure comparing his throws of 20+ yds last yr to this yr. Last yr numbers were solid; this year horrible. He underthew every single ball downfield against Seattle.

Favre has 1 TD, 6 INT last four games with a qb rating in the fifties
Jets are 1-3 last 4 including losses to SEA and SF
Miami is 8-1 last nine SU
Jets are last in league in rushing; not a good sign since their qb is out of gas
Miami can shut down run and pass(top 5 in both categories)
Favre has 19 int: Pennington has 7

I expect the Dolphind to put the Jets in constant 3rd and longs and create turnovers. Then the offense will just have to play ball control and not make mistakes. These teams are heading in opposite directiions and the great thing is Miami is getting points!

I'm going big on Miami. Let say Miami 19, NYJ 3. With the game never in doubt. Under is a good option too. The Jets may move backward at times and I'm extremely confident Miami wins the turnover battle.

Man, the Fins are on a do or die situation here. Either way I think it's been an amazing season for them. One that noone expected, to say the least. Pennington would give his right nut if he could be guarranteed a win here. This is his dream, his payback time. To take the worst team in the NFL last year to a division title. I'm just not feeling it yet. I don't care if it's Brett or if it's your local highschool quarterback playing for the jets. Anytime these two teams meet it becomes a battle. No matter how good or bad either team is. It's an amazing rivalry. I don't like the fact that it's at the Meadowlands. Running some numbers and stats I think the Jets actually have the edge. And with the line down to Jets-2 It looks like I'm leaning to the Jets right now. Good luck man. I would love to see you prove me wrong..:shake:

Crowder out and kc had 500 yds despite losing the TOP 34 - 26.

jets are falling apart but line is to short imo:cheers:

i know its a little weird- but because of the flex scheduling i would wait till the patriots/bills game comes to a close or is already decided (if the pats are running away with this one at halftime then thats good enough for me). because of the position it puts the jets in.

remmeber, mangini and belicheat hate eachother, and if NE wins, the jets control their playoff fate. im not saying we would purposely lose at home, to a divisional rivalry team we really dont like, to keep NE out of the playoffs.... BUT i think if NE beats buffalo and the jets see the score, their motivation will drop sufficiently.

we own the fish, simply put. we've beat them 8 out of the last 9 times... and we always get up for these games no matter HOW bad we're playing or bad of a season we're having, but we have fallen apart.

both teams IMO are having a significant drop-off and were playing their best football a month ago.... especially us, which is mostly due to favres pussy hurting. which is another reason i would be cautious with a jets wager this week. the drama queen already announced 2 days before the hawks game that he's been hiding the fact that his shoulder has been giving him problems.... and now you all see this week that's all we've heard about. typical favre getting his excuses ready for when he is slumping. expect another 150 yard/ 1 TD/3 INT game from his bitch ass.

this will be the last game of favres carreer but dont expect him to play any better then he has been. the old man's arm has been showing wear and tear and this is a guy who has completed 24% of his passes over 20 yards this year... and in his last 4 games has thrown for a mighty 1 TD and 6 picks. he's just super....

simply put- i wont bet it because i dont bet against my jets... but miami ML is probably a good bet. mainly because i am banking on NE beating buffalo with ease.... and i think the jets would rather see the fins in the playoffs then NE... lesser of two evils.

even with this being favres last game in the NFL probably, and also manginis last game as a jet... i dont see it mattering and think the motivation here really favors the fins.

weather shouldnt matter. fins have played here a billion times and we thought they would be affected about the shitty weather in KC last weekend. obviously they didnt as they put up 38 points..

Great posts Cap2. That's pretty much how I see it. The Buf-NE result will have a great impact on the game IMO, and I can't imagine betting on this game without knowing what is happening in Upstate NY first.

I just checked the weather and it's pretty solid for the Fins. High of 59 and low of 32 with a 40% chance of rain.

Cap-Do you think the Jets would lay down for Miami if New England won?

Cap-Do you think the Jets would lay down for Miami if New England won?

:shake:MCG

Me and sharky differ on this one, but I think he is right in some regards. I think the FANS will be more motivated then the PLAYERS, if that makes any sense. This is a rivalry game, these fans despise one another and meadowlands will be rockin....

Im not going to stretch it as far as the jets will lay down per se.... BUT i think motivation favors the fish tremendously and these afc east games are so often decided by only a couple points and the team that WANTS to win more usually will win.
The jets are in a position of power as well and would rather see miami in the playoffs then the belicheaters and co, lesser of two evils.

and the only thing that makes it interesting is that it could possibly be mangini's last game as a jet.
But I dont think beating the fins is going to make or break that decision.... the bottom line is we choked down the stretch and with the talent we brought in this season anything short of making the playoffs when you start off 8-3 is a failure.

We took a shot with mangini as he had no previous head coaching experience and was the youngest HC in football. It didnt work.... SO bottom line- I dont think the jets will be as motivated as everyone thinks to get him a win.

He's going to be on the field Sunday and obviously is a HUGE part of that defense. That alone makes me lean phins. Also, the weather plays no role in this game, Miami proved that last week.
Hope Damien Woody took some notes...

These teams are heading in opposite directiions and the great thing is Miami is getting points!

reminds me a lot of the lakers/celtics xmas day line...in that sometimes they're giving you points (where you don't feel there should be) for a reason.

just my 2 cents :shake:

Back