Does Indy have anything to play for???

No they dont

They could fall to 4

Or potentially jump to two (highly unlikely though since that would mean either NE losing to NYJ or Denver losing to Oakland...)

I mean they are guaranteed a first round home game. So whether they are 3rd or 4th it doesn't matter.

Think youd rather be the 3 seed and get the 6 seed and then to Denver and a better (albeit small) chance to host the AFC title game than have to play the 5 seed and then go to NE

But for indy to fall to 4, they need to lose both games correct. Along with having Balty win both of their games.

I'm only asking because it's been 5 years since the Cowboys have made the playoffs. It would be nice to see them in it.

Indy could drop to the 4 seed with one loss if Pittsburgh wins their last two since the Steelers won head to head. They could also drop to the 4 seed with one loss if Cincinnati wins out.

Indy could drop to the 4 seed with one loss if Pittsburgh wins their last two since the Steelers won head to head. They could also drop to the 4 seed with one loss if Cincinnati wins out.
well both can't happen since Cincy plays Pitt last game of the season.

So Chuck Pagano is going to play his starters on Sunday, which is just plain silly given the injuries the team has right now.

Mo I don't like sitting guys in week 17 let alone week 16 if I'm a fan of the team. Honestly I hate the bye typically, I prefer continuity this time of year, and while I'm a Cardinals fan and somehow getting a first round bye would help my team in possibly getting the QB back, it still kinda sucks and I generally expect teams to come out flat off the bye week.

No way you can sit your starters in week 16.

If Colts win out and NE or Denver lose out Colts get a bye. Not likely but I dont think they rest anyone this week. Week 17 no one plays. Also, 3 seed over 4 matters for AFC title game.

Yea I get it. But whatever. Dallas will be primed. I think Dallas will be 1 of the more balanced teams the Colts will face this year.

I can't see any way that starters take weeks 16 and 17 off then somehow come out sharp against quality competition in the playoffs.

Mo I don't like sitting guys in week 17 let alone week 16 if I'm a fan of the team. Honestly I hate the bye typically, I prefer continuity this time of year, and while I'm a Cardinals fan and somehow getting a first round bye would help my team in possibly getting the QB back, it still kinda sucks and I generally expect teams to come out flat off the bye week.

No way you can sit your starters in week 16.
Palmer will be ready for the playoffs????

I can't see any way that starters take weeks 16 and 17 off then somehow come out sharp against quality competition in the playoffs.
Agreed KJ. Maybe they play first half. Dallas will have to take care of business.

LOL just hoping Tate is ready, Palmer's gone til next year
That was unfortunate what happened to the team this year with injuries. It would be nice to see them a run into the playoffs. (Just as long it wasn't against Dallas). It's going to be Very hard to do given their current situation.

Not sure if leading the league in passing yds means anything to Luck/pagano but that might be a reason to play him

Not sure if leading the league in passing yds means anything to Luck/pagano but that might be a reason to play him
I think A.L. Is the type of player who just wants to play. Kid loves playing the game. He probably wouldn't want to sit regardless of their situation.

Not looking good for my Philly to win the NFC East future wager. Might hedge w/ Cowboy ML this week and eat juice. Line still is only -3, which means this is a coin flip game.

Yeah your future wager is full on fucked

no way Dallas is blowing this game

and even if by some miracle they do, Eli and Beckham will do bad bad things to Bradley Fletcher next week...

(That of course is assuming DeSean doesnt do bad bad things to him this week...but thats too much of a kick in the nuts to even mention)

I honestly don't think it would make a difference either way. Indy has struggled with two offensively inept teams the last two weeks. Cowboys win by double digits. No homer.

sounds like a much better reason to play everyone than my previous fear that all they had to play for is because they've been bad lately. THANKS

I definately think Indy wants Denver over NE. They play Denver tough. But NE whipped em pretty bad this year. Hence the 3 seed is what they probably want.

Back