Do you notice/agree with this?

Teapot9

Not from 63rd
So over the years I’ve noticed one particular trend that seems to be like clockwork. Obviously it’s not 100% but it’s gotta be in the 75% area. There are certain factors that can certainly impact this negatively but for the most part it’s pretty solid.

So here goes. Teams coming back home for first game after a 3+ game road trip. St Louis, NJ, AZ, Boston all qualified. They went 2-2 last night. 3 of those games went to OT as well. In the 2 losses last night, some of the scheduling factors plus the night before came into my play. Boston played an insanely draining game the night prior. They blew a 3-0 lead and ended up winning 5-4. Then they had to travel to Montreal. Montreal had 3 days off since they got back. That would be a reason to lay off Boston in the future. AZ was on the 2nd of b2b road games and won in a shootout the night before in a very tough physical game against Edmonton. I think those would be enough to eliminate AZ or make a small play on them.

The 2 wins were STL and NJ. NJ needs to explanation. But I would like to note that Winny was also on a road trip that qualified regardless of being in Vegas or not. Obviously also the LV flu angle. We need to seriously track and hammer that if it’s right.
STL grinded (was gonna type grindr but then didn’t want people thinking it autocorrected to that and it’s a word i type a lot) out a win after giving up a late 3P goal to the Nucks. They went to OT and just had a little more in the tank. I should also note that the night before AZ was in the same spot when playing at Edmonton and they won.

Back