Divisionals

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
:tiphat:

Interesting odds, interesting match ups...but I'll start with the NL. Dodgers are fortunate that the Friars don't have their 2 top starting pitchers for this one. Not saying they're the better team, just the team that's seriously on the rise...seriously on fire right now. (See the '17 Yanks against the Tribe.) Anything can happen in 5 games on a neutral field, but missing Lamet and Clevinger should be too much for them to overcome. Bravos gotta be careful too, but the Marlins luck should run out in this series too. Gotta give huge props to Mattingly, Jeter, and the entire front office for how they're turning around the franchise though. They don't have the long term upside of San Diego, but both teams can be very proud of their seasons. Both moving in the right direction. So big surprise, I'm expecting a Dodger/Brave NLCS. Hopefully it'll be 2 exciting series to get to that point though.
As for the AL, already said some things in the Wild Card thread, so will try not to repeat. I will be pulling hard for the Yanks (obviously), as well as the A's (because, well, F the *tros)...but both teams could be in some trouble here. TB was much, much better than the Yanks this season. They don't have the elite talent at the top, but they're a much better/complete/prepared ball club. Yes, it's a new season...and thankfully, we're in SD to remove that HFA...but the rest of my thoughts are in the other thread. MLB wants a new champ every year anyhow, or long droughts ending, so expect a TB vs LAD/SD world series, as I've said before. As for the A's w/out Chapman, well, they're gonna have to play a whole helluva lot better than they did against the White Sox. Yes, one team was excellent during the season...and the other couldn't even reach .500 baseball...but Oakland will have to play their absolute best baseball to move on to the ALCS.

Anyhow, for 10/5:

Rays ML +135
Asstros ML +130

And I will be absolutely ecstatic to lose both of these small plays tomorrow!!! My brain/gut says that I have the better teams, and that I certainly have the value...but you know damn well what my MF heart is saying and hoping to see. Why stop or change what's working, right?

Enjoy the games! :cheers3:

I RR these 4 series play.....small play.....something to root for during the week before Saturday CFB...
Mia +
SD +
NYY -
Oak-

Basically opposite of what u posted

I’ve been debating on playing all 4 series to go 4 and 5 games at +150 minimum each......don’t think we see sweep.....could make small profit.....

Hope you lose your bets tomorrow !!!!!!

I RR these 4 series play.....small play.....something to root for during the week before Saturday CFB...
Mia +
SD +
NYY -
Oak-

Basically opposite of what u posted

I’ve been debating on playing all 4 series to go 4 and 5 games at +150 minimum each......don’t think we see sweep.....could make small profit.....

Hope you lose your bets tomorrow !!!!!!

I hope you sweep the 4 series!!!

Beautiful opening day of the divisional round!!! :tiphat:

Anyhow, for 10/6:

Marlins +1RL +130
Asstros ML +102
Rays ML -114
Dodgers -1RL -104

The balls are carrying in the dry heat of Southern California. By Weds nite into Thurs/Friday though, that will change dramatically as it cools down and moisture returns to the MF atmosphere out here. Other than that, can't change what's been working.

Enjoy the 4 games tomorrow. :cheers3:

Thoughts:

Well, it was a good day of bases...but I woulda given anything to lose that TB wager. Yanks played like shit. Horrible decision by Cash, Boone, and the GD stat nerds to pull Deivi after 1 inning. Happ is f'n garbage, unless you want to give up bombs. Gary is beyond awful behind the dish, except when throwing...can't call a fuckin game for shit...and if he's not hitting, what's the MF point. But other than Stanton, there wasn't much hitting tonight. Swinging thru FBs left and right, smh. Rays pitchers were great, but futile bats also let them off the hook a couple times. Add CB Bucknor to the mix, and there ya go.

Tangent, but FUCK unions. This is why bad cops are rarely held accountable as well, but that's a different rabbit hole. How in the wide world of sports do gawd awful umpires like CB Bucknor, Angel Hernandez, the immovable Joe West, etc keep their MF job...let alone get playoff assignments? Fuckin unions.

Just 1 game though. It's now a best of 3, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. All the series are shaping up as I thought they would. Just praying I was wrong with the Rays/Yanks. Those GD cheaters in Houston (an under .500 team) are gonna march right into the series at this rate. Is there anything Manfred doesn't fuck up?

One horribly bad inning by the Fish cost me the sweep. Gonna give that play one more shot, because there's zero value on the Bravos tomorrow.

For 10/7:

Marlins +1RL +128
Asstros ML -113
Rays ML +112

Will also be on the Dodger RL tomorrow, but waiting for the line. If Paddack starts, he just hasn't been the same pitcher. Doyers will pull away after getting out to an early lead.

Last but not least...
Rest in eternal peace, Eddie Van Halen. The greatest American guitarist of my lifetime. His brilliance will be missed. :cheers3:

Dunno why but I have a feeling Tanaka shows up today and pitches well....

Tanaka's been an excellent post season pitcher, despite the BS with the umps/rain in Cleveland last time.
From your mouth to God's ears. I'm praying for that as well. :pray: It would guarantee we get to Cole in a game 5, worst case.

Shitty day. Kenley is done. Stick a fork in him. At least the A's battled back to win a game.
I'm over the Yankee loss, but GD that game sucked. First, they deserved to lose. Too often they're just not a good ballclub, and TB earned that win. That said, the MF umpire sure changed the course of that entire game in the 3rd/4th innings. Not the first time they've done so, and it certainly won't be the last...but I am done with the human factor bullshit. Umpires are pathetic, and unions allow them to continue sucking. They're 50/50 at best on any close calls, which replay has thankfully demonstrated. Like bad cops, zero accountability, courtesy of f'n unions. It's past time for technology to take over.
Voit walked, twice. 2-1 Yanks in the bottom of the 3rd, with Morton on the ropes, bases still loaded and Stanton coming to bat. Who knows what happens from there, but that's what legit should've happened. And in the top of the 4th, I still have that as a strike out and caught stealing for 2 outs. Sour grapes, yes...maybe a tad low, yes...but there have been 2 different strike zones this series w/out a doubt. TB pitchers continually getting way more calls outside the box, I said it at the beginning of the wild cards...MLB wants a new winner or a drought broken...so look for TB to face LAD or SD. Anyhow, fuck it...if Boone or anyone else doesn't have the balls to call BS on the umpiring as it happens, and get tossed, then they just don't care enough.
:angrybaseball:

Enough griping though. Moving on to tomorrow's games. Still missing 2 lines though.

Anyhow, for 10/8:

Rays ML +118
Braves -1RL -110

Always had both of these teams moving on...but now that I'm playing the Bravos, watch the Fish hit enough for once. Interested to watch Sixto vs Wright though. Great match up of young SPs.

Doyers will sweep tomorrow. Biggest question will be to see if the A's can force a game 5,

Added the last game:

Dodgers -1.5RL +100

And no, it's not groundhog day. ;-)

Same line, same play for the Doyers tonight. I missed out on posting my Houston/A's play earlier, but based upon my last 2 threads you can guess the side I was on today...as it hasn't changed yet this October. F'n Manfred allowed this...don't forget. A cheating, under .500 team just made the 60 game regular season utterly meaningless. Just sayin...

A great day of bases!!! Just lost one game today, and loved every minute of it. Thankfully, we get one game five outta these four divisional series.

Every series went as expected though. Dodgers, Braves, and the Asstros all cruised into the Championship round. You know I can't stop now, so gotta play those pesky Rays just one more time in order to make it to the next round. They're such a better team than the Yankees, so how could I not take this value, even with Cole toeing the rubber tomorrow? Besides, Manfred will have the umps on the Rays side of things for sure.

Anyhow, for 10/9:

Rays ML +139

Last thought on this game, in case there's any confusion. What Luke said!!! :assshake:

Enjoy!!! :cheers3:

Back