Divisional Round - Eagles at Giants....

I wouldn't take less than seven.

The Birds have basically one thing going for them next week, no Plex. Other than that . . .

Thanks Joe, gotta like the Birds chances in this one..

I'm not crazy about their chances there. Kind of a toss up.

Don't worry about the points Joe, Birds win this one straight up...

I love a confident Em. And I think that ML will go up all week long.

Giants haven't looked to great in recent weeks. Line is sure to climb with the majority getting on the reigning Superbowl champs at such a short number...

The Eagles get a huge break with this being the first game on Sunday. That this isn't a night game is a bonus.

Playing in the Meadowlands after the sun goes down isn't as bad as playing in Philly once it's dark, but it ain't good. Just hope there's not a lot of wind.

This team can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given Sunday...

Im assuming Jacobs is back to 100%?

Good thing is without Burress, the Eagles defense matches up very well vs. the Giants.

I dont think non Eagles fans realize how much Plaxico just killed us...without him we can man up the receivers and focus on shutting down the run...

Gotta stay balanced on offense though

I dont think non Eagles fans realize how much Plaxico just killed us...without him we can man up the receivers and focus on shutting down the run...

That's the truth. Losing him was perhaps the best thing that happened to the Birds' season and a number of us said it going into that game. He owns us.

The problem as I see it is, everybody's talking about how good our defense is all of the sudden, well, what I saw today wasn't the most impressive thing on the planet. They let Tavaris Jackson do what, 60% on third down?

With a healthy Jacobs that team worries me.

Eagles have to play LOADS better then they did today . The Giants in week 17 played better then Philly did ...

Personally I like NYG here tough to win twice @ the Meadowlands especially considering Philly road play . Truth is if any team is going to do its Philly ...

One thing I already played was the OVER @ Carolina .....only 46 on the open up to 48 ...already

TRUE Burress owned BROWN, not sure about samuels, but he just took a shit on the eagles Dbs over and over---

If eagles can stop JACOBS who is a bruiser and limit his production, they can stop the giants in this game-

eagles D is hot hot hot--

eagles are fast and can stop the run, but the only runnner to give them trouble is the big runners like jacobs---

that being said its possible that MR. CHOKER aka MANNING can lose--

lets talk reality here anytime you have a MANNING in a playoff game there is a chance of a CHOKE JOB---

Eagles have to play LOADS better then they did today . The Giants in week 17 played better then Philly did ...

Personally I like NYG here tough to win twice @ the Meadowlands especially considering Philly road play . Truth is if any team is going to do its Philly ...

One thing I already played was the OVER @ Carolina .....only 46 on the open up to 48 ...already

not a bad bet kid---

carolina should score about 31 to 34 here---

zona is perfect for road overs-- warner will throw a few td's to his team and to the other team--

warner never runs the ball and throws ints galore- he also fumbles a few for easy points--

in reality i dont see carolina less than 31- so over looks easy there--

give arizona even 14--

i think zona is out this week-- they are not a good road team--

however they have nothing to lose, meaning they already got blown out at end of year to teams--

now zona is playing with house money they are not afraid and playing loose because they dont care anymore--

zona is playing great because they have nothing to lose- they can finally play good ---

i dont see them doing well on offense although the carolina dbs are very ery bad so if kurt gets time he could do well--

i can see this game being closer for some reason--

john fox #1 rule try to win the game and not blow anyone out--

he is a clock loving whore- he really is a joke- he cannot put anyone away

I'll simply say the same thing Birds' fans have said for years now. The Eagles need to run the football next week to win. And I mean both B-West and Buck, they have to get yardage on the ground next week.

The truth is, today, the offense didn't perform very well in long stretches. They got some key plays, but very rarely were they on the same drive. And part of that comes from no real threat of a running game.

SN is right, they're going to have to play better in every area other than David Akers next week if they're going to win without help from Eli.

And generally Plex ate us up because he knows how to use his size, Hank Baskett could take lessons from him. He's big, our corners are talented as f**k, but they're not Troy Vincent any more, they're small. And no matter how talented you are it's tough to use that talent to make up for a missing six inches. Just ask any average man who ever tried to beat out John Holmes.

Also interesting to note, LJ Smith was deactivated today.

Now, maybe that was for blocking purposes and he'll be back next week, but that's a shot at him, especially in this contract year.

I like the Under at the Meadowlands next week. I think these two teams know each other too well and play great D to have this be a shoot out. If Philly cant get the run going they will probably lose. I lean NYG -4 right now. Giants pass D better than the Vikings. Eli > Tavaris too.

eagles run game is horrible, never seen an nfl team so bad at running---

if they dont run it wil be hard to win for sure--

giants are more balanced but they have a manning, i know his older brother is a choker, not sure abot the younger one---

the older manning won the super bowl, but other than lost to chargers at home and on the road in two winnable games---

WHY??? Chargers are athletic and knwo the colts offense very well--

florida did the same thing to peyton and so did the Pats---

so it depends on how well eagles can stop eli-- from what i know i dont think the own eli, but i could be wrong now--

no burress is huge, especially when eagels blitz, manning would just throw it deep to plex who outjumps brown and dawkins every time.

06_gd_ban_wk2.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4UvKrdafqY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4UvKrdafqY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
object%3E

Can't wait till kick-off...

eagles-giants-manning.jpg

Giants will have a hard time beating the Birds without Plax...

Eagles have a shot to upset Giants, thanks to Plaxico Burress
<!--//Byline box//-->
What the Eagles are plotting is the biggest playoff upset of the Andy Reid era. Make no mistake about that, about the size of the task, even if the New York Giants are only a four-point favorite on Sunday.
<!--//Byline box end//--> <!--//article Image//--> <!--//article Image//--> <!--//article//-->
That the teams know each other so well is an advantage to neither of them. That they have played two wildly differing games this season, one a shootout and one much more buttoned-down, suggests nothing about No. 3. As Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said, "It’s not going to be like the first two times," and he is right — because it almost never is.

If the Eagles are going to do this, if they are going to beat the Giants in their NFC Divisional Playoff game, it will not be because of Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the conservatory. It will be because of Plaxico Burress with a Glock in the Latin Quarter. And that’s it.

When Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh in that nightclub, it gave the Eagles (and the thigh) their opening — and they all know it, everybody on both sides. When Burress allegedly shot himself with an unregistered weapon and then got himself jettisoned by the Giants, it gave the Eagles their chance. Some people say it isn’t that simple, but it really is.

Jim Johnson, the Eagles’ so-hot-right-now-he-is-incandescent defensive coordinator, would not agree with the simplicity, but he is too honest to dismiss the obvious.

"It makes a difference, there’s no question about it," Johnson said. "We’ll still mix up our coverages and fronts, but it makes a difference without Plaxico. The biggest thing with Plaxico was trying to get a good matchup. We didn’t have anybody we really could match up. We feel like we have a guy who can match up against (Domenik) Hixon a little bit, but Plaxico was so tall that it was hard to match up sometimes."

In theory, Burress should help the defense in two ways. First, it gives Johnson an extra safety to play with on many plays (given that he won’t be needed to double-team Burress anymore). If you talk to some of the Eagles’ players, it helped them especially against the run when the Eagles beat the Giants in December, just after the Burress thing blew up, so to speak.

And that’s still the big issue here, especially with load-and-a-half running back Brandon Jacobs apparently feeling good about his oft-injured knee. As Johnson said, "Their running game is such a big part of what they want to do. They’re No. 1 in the NFL in rushing. So, that’s where you have to start."

The extra safety, the eighth man in the box, is a big part of making that work. In theory, it also should help them against the pass because that extra guy, in as many incarnations as Johnson dares to imagine, can be used to blitz Giants quarterback Eli Manning.

That would really seem to be an imperative this time because the Eagles’ pass rush in the first two games has been pretty anemic. In their other 14 games, the Eagles averaged more than three sacks and nearly six hurries per game. Against the Giants, they averaged only a half-sack and 4 �½ hurries.

They need to turn up the heat this time, somehow. They need to make Manning look around. Last year, as the Giants made their unexpected run to the Super Bowl, when he was forced to seek a bailout, Manning always seemed to find Burress — big man, easy to spot, seemingly born to make big plays.

This year, though, who will that guy be?

"I think we have more than just one game-breaking receiver," veteran wide receiver Amani Toomer said. "So I think that he was definitely a loss, but I think that there are a lot of guys in our room that can do some of the things that were done before."
Johnson seems to think it will be Hixon, but there really is no way to know if it will be as effective a combination.

"I think they like him a lot," Johnson said. "I think Eli likes him a lot. You can see him throwing the ball a lot to him. He is a talented receiver. He has good speed. The thing about Plaxico we all know is his great size and the speed he has. He’s a unique player. I do know that they like Hixon and he is still a factor."

So those are some of the things that Johnson is plotting. You know that Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg are plotting, too, but they would seem to have more limited options. They are so banged up on their side of the ball — at running back and along the line — that it is hard to see them functioning as well they did earlier in the season. They seem to be aspiring to be efficient right now, not spectacular.
No, if the Eagles are going to do this, it is going to have to be about their defense, and about a gun that went off in the night.

I think it would great to see Phila at the S.B. again...like deja-vu when the Phillies won the world series in 1981...instead of Jaws we have McFlab....might be his big come back without vomit.....this city will go bunkers.....2 championships back to back......

Back