(+110)40/44

Game 2 Rays ML -150 (60/40)

Rays/WSox Under 8.5 (80/72)

Phills (-115) 69/60
------------------------------------------------------------

Future- Angels to win the AL (+200) 60/ 120

Last edited:
Rays/Sox

TB- healthy and rested, as you could see from their lack of urgency in the Detroit series…. While Chicago has played 3 different teams, 3 days in a row… and less than 2 days to prepare for the rays, while TB has been watching the tapes from both minny/cws for a week now… and are licking the chops for this game… which they have waited 11 years for

This is the one of the best fundamentally/defensive sound teams in baseball, against a HR hitting giant that has a lot of struggles pitching and especially w/ the pen. If they don’t put up runs, they don’t win.

If you look at teams that have to rely on the HR ball in the postseason, they generally don’t do to well. You have to win with defense/small ball, that’s how the sox got it done last year, and that’s the style TB plays.

The sox….hobble into this game with the majority of their starting rotation coming off outings in which they only had 3-4 days rest…. And some high pitch counts. Buehrle 111/121, Floyd 118/101

Yes, they are inexperienced for the most part, but they still have some veterans. Hinske, Percival, cliff Floyd, rocco baldelli…. But look at the “experience” on CWS-- Griff is 38 already has not been in the playoffs in 11 years. Lot of age on that WS roster and these last 2 weeks have to begin to take a toll on em

As far as game one, you get TB’s “best pitcher at home” this season, and is even sicker in day splits…. 7-1/2.49 ERA. against Vazquez, who if it had not been for the fact that the rotation is over-used and tired, he wouldn’t even be starting… and is 5-4 with a 4.36 ERA against TB this season.

One of the best, deepest, and most consistent pens in the MLB, against a shallow, inconsistent one anchored by thornton/janks. OD has been more limited and prone to give up the long ball, and linebrink is a gas can and can blow up at any time. TB has experience with Percival (if he can play, he was cleared to but its not for certain) and if needed, price to close- has been sick but is still a pup in his rookie year, but boasts a 1.93 ERA and 4-1 record. Lot of depth in the TB pen with some solid arms in balfour, miller, and wheeler (also can close in percivals absence if needed)

Slight edge to ozzie in the manager department, but maddon has certainly proven himself this year and has been a perfect fit for TB’s style of play.
Pinch hitting: Zobrist-hinske-willy aybar-baldelli. against ben Anderson-swisher (who has been in a huge slump lately). Edge to TB

Prediction: rays in 4.

Last edited:
four hours of sleep.

thats what having almost all of your bankroll tied up with series bets, game 1 TB, and college football action for the week too

anyways.... couple more trends i was just perusing

TB is 24-1 at home when the attendance is 30,000+......

CWS are 4-16 on turf....

Rays are 15-3 in Shields' last 18 starts when their opponent scores 2 runs or less in their previous game.

Rays are 40-11 in their last 51 home games vs. a right-handed starter.

and we know how sick they are at home, TB is. 57-24 @ the trop...
its going to be loud. its going to be emotional.... and the weary sox are going to struggle against shields who is such a dominant force at home. BIG GAME JAMES, at home against a struggling vazquez who is having command issues- is a safe bet.

prediction - 5-2 TB

other tidbits- Crawford is in the lineup for tomorrow.... and TB pitching staff is so deep, jackson didnt even make the cut!!! how about that....

if the rays dont win, i will most likely let my college football wagers ride and pack it in the for the year... this is not a joke. its not monopoly money. i wish it was. this will be my third big chase in about 6 weeks. maybe i deserve it. funny... the last one was ON cws... in the detroit SNB game.

Last edited:
wow, what a popular read

im done for the day, not chancing shit, and happy im about even so far after losing big on the angels last night

if i had played anything.....i think the play is to play both dogs tonight.... @ +120 and +142

big spot for the emotional Z in that he is basically pitching to salvage the cubs season, but hes been lit up pretty bad since his no-hitter and bills is very consistent and solid.... while Z is hit or miss.
i also dont like betting against the cubs after yesterdays loss, even with Z on the mound just dont see them losing 2 in a row at home.

in the phills game no play either, would need +150 or better to fade CC- hes a machine.
even though hes a beast, this is probably your best spot to ever fade him. hes struggled in the postseaosn in the past, and how long can he continue to go on 3 days rest??? will be a great one to watch and observe, for sure.

GL on the rest of your day fellas...

wow, what a idiot move on my part, not playing both dogs in the later games, as i leaned that way (stated above). a smart money bettor in my spot would have thrown 60 on each at + money, low risk, but good reward. im an idiot, and didnt, and instead went 0-3 on college football. just dumb. anyways, i played the under/TB and heres why:

this is a CWS team that has struggled against LHP of late (.158 L10), and pretty bad on the road all year (.246) Bucknor behind the dish is 11-19 to under, and pretty high 63% K-rate- which shoudl help benefit kaz...

Under is 17-7 in Rays last 24 home games vs. a left-handed starter.
Under is 4-0-1 in White Sox last 5 road games vs. a left-handed starter.

Under is 5-0 in Buehrles last 5 starts on field turf.
under is 7-3 in buerhle 10 starts on 4 days rest

buehrle has the experience, he was in the 05 world series rotation and has pitched in the big game.....and has been great lately, he sports a 4-1 record and a 2.29 ERA in six starts over the past month....in 23.1 IP, 5 appearances, and 3 starts in the
postseason, he is 2-0 with 3.42 ERA.

kaz is 3-1 with a 3.34 ERA in five outings against CWS and has gone 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in two starts up against CWS this season.

gl cap

keep pluggin away...but i can't root against my Red Sox ;)

thanks ret:cheers:

even though i tihnk LAA wins tonight i still think your boys take the series in game 4... LAA unless they change their style just look "tight" to me, and theyre at home, they play like that in fenway theyre gonna get shutout and rolled

always a class act with your squads, even when i was kind of being a dick in general after the jets/pats game you were cool as shit about it.

GL Cap

Los%20Angeles%20Angels%20Of%20Anaheim%20Women's%20Rhinestone%20Foil%20V-neck%20Top.jpg

glad both earlier plays came in.... SATYR that chic is sexy as HELL!

LA- must win series on the line. i really think it is apparent of how much stock soscia is putting into this game, and that he knows they still have a good shot to win this series, with the fact that he didnt bring in k-rod in a 2-1 game in the 9th last game.
he still has some tricks up his sleeve, and he knows its now or never in this game tonight.

personally, in my angels series bet im banking on LA to win tonihgt, and then hedge off with taking bos -130 to -140 for the series, and only lose a little bit. minimizing loss, and banking on TB to win their series and cash that ticket in.

they have to get to dice-k early. they have to take advantage of his early control issues/walks he usually gives up, they HAVE to be patient at the plate unlike last game.....
and be the angels that we know. good base running/capatilizing on pitching mistakes, making things happen on the base path. winning it with speed/defense.

santana has struggled against the sox in his career but has been a lot better at home.... RIVERA is back in the lineup for LA, while cora and kotsay in the lineup for boston

soscia will make some adjustments and even the series tonight IMO. GL fellas... leanin OVER 8 too but line movement against me

i really jumped into these playoffs risking too much money on the angels series/game1.....
i did like them a lot but still its not something you want to be doing

got off tilt after TB won game 1, and its time to go back to money managment to profit (hopefully). GL fellas!!!

Back