Division and Conference Races - Updated 11/24

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
AAC
East
Cincy 7-0

West
Memphis 6-1, Navy 6-1
Memphis needs to beat Cincy or if they lose have Navy lose to Houston.

ACC
Atlantic
Clemson 8-0

Coastal
Virginia 5-2, Virginia Tech 5-2
Commonwealth Cup will determine Coastal winner

Big Ten
East
Ohio State 8-0

West
Minnesota 7-1, Wisconsin 6-2
Paul Bunyan's Axe game will determine West winner

Big Xll
Oklahoma 7-1 & Baylor 7-1 will meet in the Title game

CUSA
East
FAU 6-1, Marshall 5-2
FAU needs to beat Southern Miss or if they lose have Marshall lose to FIU
each team beat WKU who is also 5-2

West
LaTech 5-2, Southern Miss 5-2, UAB 5-2
3-way tie: LaTech beat SMiss, SMiss beat UAB, UAB beat LaTech
UAB needs a win vs North Texas and a SMiss loss at FAU
LaTech needs a win vs UTSA and have UAB lose to N Texas
Southern Miss needs a win vs FAU and LaTech lose to UTSA
All teams win, Southern Miss wins tie-breaker

MAC
East
Miami(oh) 6-1

West
Western Mich 5-2, Central Mich 5-2
WMich needs to beat NIU or have Central Michigan lose to Toledo

Mountain West - Boise will host MWC Title game
Mountain
Boise 7-0

West
Hawaii 5-3

PAC 12
North
Oregon 7-1

South
Utah 7-1, USC 7-2
Utah needs to beat Colorado, if they lose USC will win the South

SEC
East
Georgia 7-1

West
LSU 7-0

Sun Belt
East
App State 6-1

West
ULL 6-1
Each team plays this week to determine who will host Title game

Last edited:
West Divison to be decided Saturday

Football: San Diego State (8-2, 5-2 Mountain West) at Hawaii (7-4, 4-3), 6 p.m. (Spectrum PPV, KKEA 1420-AM)
The big one that coach Nick Rolovich and Hawaii football fans have waited for since UH joined the Mountain West in 2012. UH has a chance to become the first West Division representative besides SDSU and Fresno State since divisions were instituted in 2013. It’s a credit to the Warriors that between their weekly who’s-it-gonna-be-at-QB debate, they’ve persevered and put themselves in position to do this, while other teams in the West have sputtered. Would UH win, it would have an identical 5-3 MWC record with SDSU and own the head-to-head tiebreaker. It will not be easy (and in fairness, what has been at home this season?). SDSU has allowed a MWC-low 137 points this season, including 113 in seven league games. That’s 16.1 per game. Yowza. UH proved last year that it could beat a Rocky Long-coached team, though, stunning the Aztecs 31-30 in overtime in San Diego when it successfully defended a questionable 2-point conversion attempt by the hosts. That ended a six-game winning streak in the series for SDSU. You’d expect Cole McDonald to start at quarterback for the first time in three games coming off his bench heroics at UNLV last week, but at this point, who knows? It was announced today that practice is closed to the media this week.

SK. Idk what your day job is but I need to thank your boss for letting you work on this stuff while on the job, which is the only way I can explain your output. Great stuff man thanks! :)

SK. Idk what your day job is but I need to thank your boss for letting you work on this stuff while on the job, which is the only way I can explain your output. Great stuff man thanks! :)

The obsession is certainly peaking this week as it always does this time of year. I can literally feel myself overdosing on everything college football. Hopefully the high lasts through next weekend as well.

FYI - AAC will not have divisions next year and will field an 11 team conference with the top 2 teams playing in the title game. This is due to UConn leaving.

A couple of really tough games this week:

Hawaii clinched their first ever Mountain West Conference Division win, are no doubt partying and now must play Army before traveling to Boise.

San Diego State just lost their bid to win the division and now much play BYU. As bad as SD St's O is, it might not matter if they come out flat or not, but chances are BYU will be more up for this that the Aztecs.

Memphis and Cincinnati could rematch next week in AAC Title game.

If Memphis wins, they will host the game vs Cincy.

If Cincy wins, they will host vs either Memphis or Navy.

Ridder is far from 100% and the reason they have been struggling on offense. Not sure what they do at QB or their gameplan, but have to think they will want to win to host the game. It's been kind of a given that since Cincinnati has clinched division and Memphis needs to win to secure their division that Memphis is automatic. 11.5 points is alot vs that Cincy Defense. Can Cincy score? Wish Ridder was healthy, would be a no brainer on Cincy, guess the line wouldn't be quite as high either though.

1.5 point jump overnight for Central Michigan now.

They were going to go out strong anyway I feel no matter what. Now they can pay it off with a MAC Title game trip. Toledo just keeps tumbling down the MAC food chain.

If LaTech, Southern Miss and UAB all win remaining in a 3-way tie it goes to the 8th tie breaker and Souther Miss gets it. 8th tie breaker goes to team not having participated in the title game longest.

Back