Discussion - Tuesday (UMass vs Akron & Northern Illinois vs Ohio)

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
What do you like and why?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="class: timechanged, colspan: 7"]7:00 PM EST[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]101 Massachusetts[/TD]
[TD="class: line"][/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"][/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+226[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]102 AKRON[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-7 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-7 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-260[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]Time-change to 07:00pm EST | MAS-QB-Blake Frohnapfel-? | TV: ESPN3.com | MOSTLY CLOUDY, 40% CHANCE SNOWSHOWERS. WEST WIND 11-16. GAME TEMP 17, RH 64% WIND CHILL 3[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Totals
Massachusetts Pending
Akron Pending

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EST[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]103 NORTHERN ILLINOIS[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-4 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-3.5 / -3 / -2.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-3 -15[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-160[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]104 OHIO[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]47[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]47[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+135[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]NIL-WR-Tommylee Lewis-OUT | TV: ESPNU, DTV: 208 | PARTLY CLOUDY, WEST WIND 8-13. GAME TEMP 17, RH 64% WIND CHILL 5
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Totals
Northern Illinois 25
Ohio 22.5

Really surprised to see UMass at +7. Would have expected a couple Pts lower. Winners of 3/4 and covered 6 straight and 8/10 this season. Only non-covers were @PSU and first game of the season vs BC. Gonna take the Pts and moneyline and hope it's not a trap.

Great points cman..akron has lost four in a row and is desperate for a win we definitely need to look into the weather situation as it supposed to be cold and snow I am Not sure and haven't looked.umass is coming off a short week ..hearing things are getting better week to week with umass (coaching, defensive play,)..

It says the Mass QB is questionable above, I assume that's a big deal while I know nothing about that team.

UMASS QB doubtful per sports insights. Huge loss for them. Throws for around 340 a game. Backup Whipple hasn't thrown a pass since 2012. Akron is struggling a ton so this has shit show written all over it. Good luck if you play it.

SportsInsights.com @SportsInsights · 4h 4 hours ago

<s>#</s>NCAAF <s>#</s>UMass - Blake Frohnapfel, Ankle - is downgraded to doubtful Tuesday (11/18) at Akron

Seeing the same stuff; however, officially he's still a game time decision. I also think on the positive side is that the UMass backup QB is also the coaches son and the reason he hasn't thrown a pass since 2012 is because he was a red shirt freshman last year at Penn State. I'm still going to be heavy on UMass and their team total over.

Tuesday Night
$300 UMass +8
$200 UMass O19.5 -110
$50 UMass ML +270
$50 UMass 1H +4.5
$40 UMass 1H O10 +105
---
$300 Northern Illinois -2.5 -105
$150 Northern Illinois O27 -110
$60 Northern Illinois 1H O13 -115

I'm cringing liking the road teams this much. The Northern Illinois line scares the heck out of me as it's begging me for action

GL Fondy
IF UMass QB (can't spell or pronounce his name) is out, that is huge.
But sometimes an unheralded back-up surprises and gets the job done.
Yep, he is coach's son.

Akron beat Pitt earlier. This is their last home game in dissapointing season. Mass has poor defense and presumably back up qb and what seems to be public backing. I think Akron routs them.

Dont have such a good feel for other game. I assume that line movement is bullshit to entice/suggest strong Ohio support. NI plays like a winner and they need this conference win much more than Ohio.

Fondy very weird lines bro. Bowden as a coach blows, give me UMass all day, however I like the bobcats against good NI team with a bad coach. Does the MF know play action?

watching game on espn3. Icy field with wind in face when heading left to right. UMass did nothing and had 2 punts of about 8 and 20 yds which gave ball to Zips around mid-field resulting in Zips 10 pts.

Mass done nothing with Whipple at QB

Mass got 1 drive with wind and fumble on 3rd and long. Punt and now Zips have ball into wind from around on 20

ZIPS now 4th and 1 near the goal with a time out (moved ball with passes to Dorazio and helped by offsides and a personal foul) but passing also effective. Got fg 13-0

Umass gets ball at their 30 and rapidly throws int and Zips get a good run on 1st play from O and near RZ. Time Out Zips.

Minuteman D has to be tired. Have not checked Box Score but I bet Mass does not have any O, unless I missed a drive

Immediately 1st and goal with Dorazio receptions

Umass gets lucky with a ZIP fumble at goal and recovered by Mass

Mass goes on a small drive to midfield and then with about a minute left on 3rd and 4 throws another int with a big runback and Zips down to the 12...Dorazio again. Then leave a receiver wide open for a TD. 20-0

A gift on the last 7pts for ZIPS. Pathetic 1H by Umass, who were somehow still in the game until the last 55 secs of 1H

Then Whipple almost threw a pick 6 with 16 seconds left.

20-0 @ H

Last edited:
Back