Discussion - Thursday (ECU vs Cincy, S. Miss vs UTSA, Cal vs USC)

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
What do you like and why?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]7:00 PM EST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]311 EAST CAROLINA[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-1 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-1.5 / -2 / -1.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: currentline highlight"]PK [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-125[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]312 CINCINNATI[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]67[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]68 / 67.5 / 68[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline highlight"]71.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+105[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]TV: ESPN2, DTV: 209 | MOSTLY CLOUDY, NORTHWEST WIND 5-10. GAME TEMP 28, RH 72% WIND CHILL 20
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Total
East Carolina 36.5
Cincinnati 35

[TABLE="class: data"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name"]313 Southern Miss[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]47[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]47 / 46[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]46.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+230[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name"]314 Tex San Antonio[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-11.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-7 -11 / -7 / -7 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-7 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-275[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 7"]SMI-QB-Nick Mullens-Probable | TSA-QB-Austin Robinson-Probable | TV: CBSC, DTV: 221 | Dome
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Total
Southern Miss 19.5
Texas San Antonio 27

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]9:00 PM EST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name"]315 CALIFORNIA
[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]72[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]72.5 / 72 / 71
[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]71.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+460[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name"]316 USC
[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-14.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-15 -15 / -15 -05 / -14.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-14 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-600[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 7"]TV: ESPN, DTV: 206 | MOSTLY CLOUDY, SOUTH WIND 4-9. GAME TEMP 64, RH 75%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Total
California 28.5
USC 42.5

Getting their #1 QB back hopefully. Havent been playing that badly, and I dont know how UTSA is laying a TD here. They havent done anything offensively whatsoever. 21-17 type game here either way, I think.

I'm on Southern Miss @ +9. Haven't hit the ML yet, but I haven't had a cocktail yet.
So they set the team total at 27 for the Chaps huh? they've reached it twice. A haha surprise vs. Cougar high to open the season and vs. FAU.
They scored 9, at home vs. NewMex. Shutout, at home vs. UTEP.

SoMiss has a terrible D avg, but when you look at the fact they played Messy St. /ALA/Marshall , taking that in to account, that # recedes quite a bit against like opposition.

UTSA extended Coker after last years surprise. And they get this. Just like a career 220 hitter.

I may take the under with ECU/Cincy total up to 71.5. While each team has reached some high total scores this season, both defenses have played a bit better lately. Toss in a game that will kick off in the upper 20s with a wind chill of around 20 and I can see some issues.

So Piss and the Under

Getting their #1 QB back hopefully. Havent been playing that badly, and I dont know how UTSA is laying a TD here. They havent done anything offensively whatsoever. 21-17 type game here either way, I think.

I'm on Southern Miss @ +9. Haven't hit the ML yet, but I haven't had a cocktail yet.
So they set the team total at 27 for the Chaps huh? they've reached it twice. A haha surprise vs. Cougar high to open the season and vs. FAU.
They scored 9, at home vs. NewMex. Shutout, at home vs. UTEP.

SoMiss has a terrible D avg, but when you look at the fact they played Messy St. /ALA/Marshall , taking that in to account, that # recedes quite a bit against like opposition.

Would agree that it will likely go under, but don't think I'm going to touch the totals as a 27-21 game puts it over and I don't see that being out of the realm of possibility. I'm going to be on Southern Miss. Just need to decide if I want the +7 -105 or +7.5 -125.

Would agree that it will likely go under, but don't think I'm going to touch the totals as a 27-21 game puts it over and I don't see that being out of the realm of possibility. I'm going to be on Southern Miss. Just need to decide if I want the +7 -105 or +7.5 -125.

ended up taking 7.5

Interesting choice laying that quarter Fondy. Good luck with that game. Not sure I want to m ss with it.

Played under in USC game and took ECU -2. Both small.

Cincinnati no stranger to these week night games...This is their 3rd straight. So far 2-0, both games weren't close. ECU is coming off a bad loss at Temple. Not if they are for real. They looked good early in the year, but have failed to cover 4 straight. I don't think it's possible to back them on the road tonight laying any points.

I may take the under with ECU/Cincy total up to 71.5. While each team has reached some high total scores this season, both defenses have played a bit better lately. Toss in a game that will kick off in the upper 20s with a wind chill of around 20 and I can see some issues.
Agreed, besides the shitty weather there's some good trends favoring the under as well. ECU's last four on the road, and Cinci's last 4 out of 5 all under. Good luck...

Cincinnati no stranger to these week night games...This is their 3rd straight. So far 2-0, both games weren't close. ECU is coming off a bad loss at Temple. Not if they are for real. They looked good early in the year, but have failed to cover 4 straight. I don't think it's possible to back them on the road tonight laying any points.

ECU? I watched that terrible SMU team go up and down the field on them with the DBs consistently giving 8-10 yd cushions vs. 2-star WRs. And against an SMU team that had scored 1 touchdown in 4 games. Then I subsequently saw ECU DBs literally falling down and / or tripping over their feet against UConn WRs and giving up long TDs as a result. Someone should have checked the bank accounts of their secondary players after those games. Most recently, ECU outgains Temple 428-135 but somehow manages to lose by 10, which happens when you hand the ball to the other team 5 times,

Cannot think of a team I'd run faster from at this point than ECU.

Interesting choice laying that quarter Fondy. Good luck with that game. Not sure I want to m ss with it.

Played under in USC game and took ECU -2. Both small.

Good luck. With the UTSA/S. Miss game (guess I should change title from SMU) my feeling is it will be a lower scoring game and I can see UTSA winning by 7. My like it will be something like 22-14 now.

Good luck Fondy. In principal I agree with taking So. miss, but given the options of 7.5 -125 or 7 -105, I'd take the 7 personally. If I'm betting a dog anything under 1 possession, I like to feel they can win SU. That said, if I felt this would actually be a 7 point game, I'd Prolly lay off all together.

Hope the hook pays off sir!

Under sounds good fondy but I am on cincy tonight. Good luck anyway

ECU? I watched that terrible SMU team go up and down the field on them with the DBs consistently giving 8-10 yd cushions vs. 2-star WRs. And against an SMU team that had scored 1 touchdown in 4 games. Then I subsequently saw ECU DBs literally falling down and / or tripping over their feet against UConn WRs and giving up long TDs as a result. Someone should have checked the bank accounts of their secondary players after those games. Most recently, ECU outgains Temple 428-135 but somehow manages to lose by 10, which happens when you hand the ball to the other team 5 times,

Cannot think of a team I'd run faster from at this point than ECU.
I couldn't have said it any better, how is ecu favored vs cincy? It's hard to understand

Back