Discussion - Steelers at Patriots Thursday 9/10 NFL Kickoff

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
What are your thoughts on this game? Any favorite props?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:30 PM EDT
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]461 PITTSBURGH STEELERS
[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]48.5o05[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]51.5 / 51.5o13 / 52[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]51.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+230[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]462 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-2.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-7 / -7 -05 / -6.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-6.5 -15[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-290[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]PIT-RB-Le'Veon Bell-OUT | NE-QB-Tom Brady-Probable | TV: NBC
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Steelers team total 22
Patriots team total 29.5

Does the league hold a grudge against Brady.

Goodell known to make a phone call every now and then.

Would assume there will be no 'roughing the passer' calls on Pats' opposition this season.

Home faves in the week 1 Thursday night matchup have done well, as well as the Pats at home versus non-division opponents. Thank you.

With Blount Suspended and dropping Gray. Brady coming off a very unfocused off season, nevermind he has a track record of starting the season slowly. On top of which their receiving core has been jumped around a lot in the past few weeks with the signing and releasing of Wayne. I see the Pats offense off to a slow start.

On the opposing side Bell as we all know is suspended, as well as Martavious Bryant. They will be two larger role players in the steelers offense this year.

All in all, as much as I'd hate to say it I lean with the points here, as well as the under.
I can't bet against my home team so chances are I'll just take the under and watch this one unfold

Pats and Bellicheat may use the disrespect card or whatever….may motivate them w the us against the world type thingy...

FUN STAT OF THE DAY

Steez have not won a road game in Week 1 since Tomlin's first year in 2007 at Cleveland.

Pats have not lost a home game in Week 1 since Belichick's first year in 2000 vs. Tampa Bay.

Difficult to bet Nfl week 1, but pats teaser leaving open for the weekend makes sense. Don't see Pitt winning at NE especially in weather with deangelo attempting 15-20 carries. I'm taking ne -6.5 in a season long pick em as well

Calling it a "total hunch," ESPN's Mike Reiss guesses Dion Lewis and James White will lead the Patriots' backfield on Thursday, with Brandon Bolden "mixed in."

They love Lewis, from my hometown Albany, Ny. He could really surprise some folks this season as long as he's able to stay healthy. He has great hands and will be used in pass plays even when Blount returns, also a great blocker.

My sense is Bolden is the bigger back and might get the goal line carries. I was thinking of using him in a flex position but I think I'll just sit him.

basically everyone is on the patriots.... the steelers do get a ton of love from refs... so they have that going for them

NFL: What will be the GAME RESULT?
[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ, width: 0"]
<tbody style="border: 0px none; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start, align: center"]8:30 PM
NBC

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport, align: center"]
icon_football.gif

NFL
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] Steelers: Win or Single Digit Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status, align: center"]Not Started
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]69.7%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] @ Patriots: Wins By Double Digits[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]30.3%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Public generally gets their lumps in Week 1.

Remembering that with the evolution of the 'psuedo-wiseguys' that 'square is the new sharp'.

emkee-talk

:cigarguy:

all im saying is ive been looking at forums/twitter all day and i saw very few steeler backers.... im on the pats still, that alone doesn't matter to me

well one of my books has Steelers +320 as the ML. Almost too much value to pass up given that its +275 and +280 at other shops

weather updates from anyone up there would be great

looks like rain might be holding off until 2nd half for the most part now?

I took the Steelers TT o22. I feel like the Pats will be vulnerable on defense after all the turnover. Especially early in the season. I like it even better if the Pats get out to an early lead.

Back