Discussion: Louisiana Tech @ San Jose State -4

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Both teams are 9-2 and playing great football. This game might be the most entertaining matchup on Saturday, and could easily turn into a shootout.

I made good money on SJSU vs BYU last week, but I actually find myself leaning just slightly to Louisiana Tech plus the points.

I'll try to post some stats/thoughts in a bit, though my main reason for starting this thread was to spark some discussion on the game.

Thoughts fellas?

Exact same boat as you. Made money off of both these teams all yer, but, I'm going to finish off all my round robins w/La Tech points & ML. If it were under 3 I wouldn't touch it though.

I have a subscription to the Predictilotor.com & get a weekly e-mail with free college & a pro pick. I honestly don't bet them but read his write-ups. They are typically decent, not overly in-depth. He likes La Tech plus today also. I'll dig through my e-mails & see if I can cut & paste. The text was a bit small so take it for what's it's worth IF I succeed.

Could be alone on this one but I lean to the team with the better defense that doesn't have to travel across the country. Should be a fun game to watch regardless...gl

horns77

I'm about a half hour away and the weather will be perfect unlike last week's game where it got a lot of rain. Currently around 70 deg and definately won't see any rain tonight.

Anybody else think the team total is the route to go here?? I mean I know SJST has some good numbers, but at first glance (and maybe second glance) I think LaTech played the tougher schedule and if there was one thing they did, it was SCORE POINTS. Scored 41 or more in EVERY game except 1, and in that one, they got to 28. In the NMST game where they "only" scored 28, they had 26 first downs, 530 yards, rushed for 238 and passed for 292. The problem that I could see there was they only went 7-19 on 3rd downs. Looks like they went up and down the field but just didn't convert.

team total is 35.5

I think you're on to something born. La Tech just scores. And their defense is bad which will push the tempo like it has done all year. I just got on it for OVER 36.5 though. Hopefully we see some of those explosions where they score 2 or 3 tds in a quarter.

yeah, I'll say one thing about LaTech, they don't quit. I remember Illinois and last week. They just keep coming. Problem is their defense is a sieve.

Back