Dirk Nowitzki/Steve Nash/K. Garnett or Andrea Bargnani/TJ Ford/Chris Bosh?

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
I thought you guys who don't follow basketball up north might want to check this out.

I am comparing our three star players at this point in their careers compared to three of the NBA's best players at the same point in their careers:

Dirk Nowitzki - 1st year in NBA

8.2 ppg 40.5 FG% 20.6 3PT% (0.3 per game) 20:23 minutes per game

Andrea Bargnani - 1st year in NBA

11.4 ppg 42.5 FG% 37.5 3PT% (1.5 per game) 24:48 minutes per game

Steve Nash - 3rd year in NBA

7.9 ppg 36.3 FG% 5.5 Assists 0.9 Steals 31:41 minutes per game

TJ Ford - 3rd year in NBA

14.0 ppg 44.1 FG% 7.7 Assists 1.4 Steals 30:00 minutes per game

Kevin Garnett - 4th year in NBA

20.8 ppg 46.0 FG% 70.4 FT% 10.4 Rebounds 37:53 minutes per game

Chris Bosh - 4th year in NBA

22.9 ppg 50.6 FG% 76.3 FT% 10.3 Rebounds 37:42 minutes per game

Now tell me something please...do we have something good going on in Toronto or what?

aktion033.gif

How hard do u think it'll be to find some good playoff tickets?

Thinking of coming to Toronto for a couple games.

Definitely good. As a follower of European basketball I can tell youGarbajosa, Calderon and Bargnani were very good here, and once they tactically developed (they were all big talents to begin with) it wasn't that hard to adapt to the big league.

Similar as Manu really, he came to the league pretty late (I think he was 25 or 26 then) but he was a complete player.

Bosh and TJ Ford are both monster players (Ford had 18 assists I've just seen it now on Sportsline :eek: ), and really it would be no wonder if the Raps went on to win the East, their European look + depth (the ability to rotate point guards without disrupting the rhythm isn't something many teams have) can take them far.

:shake: good times for Raptor fans.

Those are very interesting stats and comparisons. I think Toronto is going to be a contender in a few years if they can keep all three players. Toronto has a pretty deep team and these three players are only going to be better. I would take Dirk, KG, and Nash IF they were all on the same team. But since, they're not, I'll take my home boys.

Those are very interesting stats and comparisons. I think Toronto is going to be a contender in a few years if they can keep all three players. Toronto has a pretty deep team and these three players are only going to be better. I would take Dirk, KG, and Nash IF they were all on the same team. But since, they're not, I'll take my home boys.

Oh I agree and that's without mentioning the supporting cast of Anthony Parker, Jose Calderon and a bunch of other guys Colangelo has produced.

Flava, I think your guys are missing only one thing, and that's beef in the paint. They need a true paint presence, someone to be paired up with Bosh. It can be a liability on both ends of the floor, whether it's sub par rebounding in the D/allowing too many second chance points, or failing to muscle out the opponent on the offensive end.

Apart from that, this team has it all, and by all I mean they can get passed Miami or Detroit or Cavs.

We are the worst rebounding team in the NBA...Colangelo will address that in the off-season either via draft or via trade for a big time rebounder.

As for Juan Dixon, we don't know him very well right now but from what we have seen, the kid can really ball (MARYLAND BABY!). Can't wait for the playoffs.

Got to take those stats with a grain of salt - the game has changed a lot from the time Nash/Disco Dirk/KG were starting out in the league to what it is now

We are the worst rebounding team in the NBA...Colangelo will address that in the off-season either via draft or via trade for a big time rebounder.

As for Juan Dixon, we don't know him very well right now but from what we have seen, the kid can really ball (MARYLAND BABY!). Can't wait for the playoffs.

Where does Barqanani go when you acquire a rebounder? Bench? Since you compared him to Dirk doesn't it make sense he'd be a decent rebounder in a year or so?

The Raptors are fun to watch but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, they're 36-29 in a horrible Eastern Conference. They beat up on bad teams and lose to the good teams. Look through their schedule, they have very few quality wins.

SA 0-2
HOU 1-0
UTAH 0-2
DET 0-1
DALLAS 0-2
CLE 1-3
CHI 1-2
MIA 0-1
PHX 0-2

3-15 :down:

yep that's why nobody said they were contenders at this point, but a rather talented bunch with a possibly bright future.

Bargnani came into the league, never been taught to rebound. This is the first year where a coach has taken him through the steps of boxing out etc.

He was strictly a SF, until his growth spurt and never really played with his back to the basket. His rebounding has gotten better, but no one will ever confuse him with Ben wallace.

Raptors dont need a space eater in the paint. What they need is a good rebounding SF that can help out on the boards. (This is where I'd like to thank Babcock for the Hoffa pick because Iggy would look good right about now.)

Raps will surprise teams in the play-offs because of Bargnani. He will have to lead if we expect this club to go further than the firat round. He did it in the Euroleague last year. There's just something about him that says; give me the ball and I can take care of the rest from here. Barganani will eventually be the one to take over 4th quarters and hit the big shots when we need them.

Back