Did you see any misleading scores in week 5? Post them please.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Weather was brutal in Eugene. Cal’s first 4 drives and 5 of first 6 drives ended in fumbles resulting in Duck TD drives of 32y, 22y, 38y and 28-0 first qrt lead. Cal was only outgained by less than 60y and just 1 less FD yet lost by 39.

UTEP – CSU only misleading in the fact that it was 28-7 CSU at half, but then tied 28-28 in the 3rd before CSU pulled away again for 59-42.

Houston was only leading 31-28 beginning 4th qrt, thanks to a 78y blk’d FG ret (10 pt swing). Total yards, FDs were even, but HOU had a +5-0 TO ratio. All of UTSA’s 5 TOs occurred in the 4th qrt which allowed HOU to blow it open including 1p-15y TD drive and 96y INT ret TD as time was expiring (14 pt swing).

ULM lost 5 TOs to Tul’s 1. Tul had just a 17-15 FD and 318-293 TY edge. Tulane did record 5 sacks which was almost as many as they had in all games prior coming into this game. ULM was SOD at the 18 and missed a FG from the 15 in the first half and only trailed 10-0. Tul got a sack/fum TD in the 3rd. Browning was inj in 3rd qrt. ULM’s leading rusher Edwards had just 15y (2.5ypc).

Ark St – Mizzou was close throughout with it not being more than a one possession lead until early 4th qrt. After a Ark St FG to make it 19-27, Mizzou would add 2 late TDs, one a 21y ‘drive’ after an INT. Mizzou actually was taking a knee inside the 10y after Ark St’s last drive was SOD. Ark St kicked FGs from the 24, 4, 27 and 16 yard lines.

ILL pulled many starters early 2nd half (some subs were in late 2nd qrt) and ILL did not have the same intensity and execution in the 2nd half allowing Mia to gain 146 of their 250 TY and score 2 TDs in the process.

Buff did have 330-220 TY edge in the 41-12 win over UConn, but Buff also benefited from a +4-1 TO ratio. Buff had 8y TD ‘drive’ and 26 & 19 FG ‘drives’ along with a 33y INT TD. UConn had 208-169 1st half y edge but trailed 28-12. Buff D dominated in 2nd half holding UConn to 27y on 7 possessions!

FAU lost 4 TOs to Rice’s 1 and lost due to a 7y Rice fum ret TD. FAU had 366-273 TY edge.

ND ran for season high 220y (only 269 L3g vs Mich, Pur, Mich St).

S Car had regained control vs UCF leading 28-10 4th. UCF hit a 73y TD pass and then after a SC fum at the UCF 3 on 1st down, UCF went 3p-95y for the back door.

Min was dominated more than the 23-7 score implies. Min’s longest drive was 34y which went for a TD set up by a 66y KO ret. Iowa missed a FG and also had to kick a FG from the 5 and was also INT’d in the EZ.

Pitt only had one drive over 30y (Virginia had 3). Both of Pitt’s TD ‘drives’ were less than 20y. One following a UVA punt muff and the other after a QB fum. UVA was SOD twice in Pitt terr 1st half and on UVA’s final possession was SOD at the Pitt 3.

AF had leads of 21-10, 28-17, 35-24 and 42-30 in the 4th qrt before UNR staged a comeback. On 3rd and 1, AF had back-to-back illegal sub calls causing them to punt and UNR went down for go-ahead TD with under 2m left. UNR did have 599-453 TY and 35-18 FD edges. 511 of UNR’s yards were on scoring drives and they only punted once (other 2 non-scoring drives SOD and INT).

Keenan Reynolds was knocked out for Navy and after the 1st qrt after leading 10p-67y opening TD drive. After that Navy did not have a drive longer than 33y. Navy was held to 86y rushing. WKU had 417-162 TY and 23-10 FD edges, but only won by 12 with drives deep into Navy terr end in FG, missed FG, SOD and fumble.

SMU scored with 3:00 left to make the score 34-17. TCU then returned the onside kick for a TD and had a pick 6 on the next drive as SMU was putting together a decent drive for a chance at the backdoor. Final was 48-17 with 31 of TCU's points coming in the 4th. First down and yards edge to TCU only 16-15 and 335-292, but SMU had 5 turnovers to TCU's 2...on top of the onside return.

I can type fast enough while I'm reading that actually I retain the info better if I type it rather than just read it. So it's my pleasure to add that info. I use epsn's box scores with the play-by-play and drive chart links. It is really easy and quick to navigate.

I don't know if it would have mattered. But that 5 men in the backfield call on Wisconsin's 2nd qrt punt was complete bullshit. This was the one that the tOSU guy muffed the punt and Wisconsin recovered. If you watch the replay Borland was out by the boundary and when they snap it, he fakes back briefly as if he might be positioning for a fake, then runs downfield. He moved back so fast that the ref must have thought that he was in motion before the snap and therefore in the backfield. It is bullshit because if you watch them punt again immediately after that penalty Borland does the exact same thing, but they didn't throw the flag on that one. Bucks got a FG on that ensuing drive.

Then right before their 2nd qrt hail mary before the half, the play immediately before that the Wisconsin DB had a gimme INT that he dropped. Had he caught that ball the game is just 17-14 halftime.

So that is 10 points that conceivably Ohio St maybe wouldn't or shouldn't a had at that point in the game.

I thought Wisconsin fought their asses off and came away with alot more respect for them. Made Bradley Roby look like a 3rd team frosh.

I thought Wisconsin fought their asses off and came away with alot more respect for them. Made Bradley Roby look like a 3rd team frosh.

Wisky's ONLY good receiver, and he lets him get 200+ for the night. Awful.

He got burnt all game @ Cal too.....Being humble is a wonderful thing, hopefully he realizes that soon. His stock is droppin'.

Seeing as people already touched on the SMU game, I'll give you two ACC games

1. Virginia Tech only had one drive longer than 30 yards all night and still somehow got 17 points and a missed FG.
2. Miami FL was setting the score against USF. Before Morris left with a sprained ankle their offense went TD, TD, TD, fumble at the 1, TD (Morris hurt halfway through drive). Add to it that USF scored two of their three TD in the final 10 minutes.(49-21)

West Virginia got every bounce possible and rode their 3rd string QB to victory over Ok. St....

WVU defense looked great against the run, susceptible to the deep ball over the top secondary wise. Problem was the Ok. St QB has a weak arm and was too much of a bitch to use that noodle arm to try and throw the long ball.

Also like to add... WVU tries to run a fast pace offense, even as they attempted to keep their lead safe while taking time off the clock offensively in the 4th Q. I thought they shot themselves in the foot here, too much passing and that 3rd stringer was not accurate. He made a few big time throws but missed some basic ones. This game was won by the WVU defense.

Could see WVU really struggling if they play any type of team with a solid Pass D and good QB.

Last edited:
Notre Dame Oklahoma sticks out in my mind....although it looks like blow out on box score. Teams were even after the first 3 minutes of the game

Notre Dame Oklahoma sticks out in my mind....although it looks like blow out on box score. Teams were even after the first 3 minutes of the game

Probably have to to disagree with this. OU still out gained ND by 125 yds (450-325). ND did have 220 yds rushing, but 115 of that came off of 2 runs

I've noticed you're a blind ND fan. I also notice that when you're wrong you don't admit it and when you are right you like to boast.

Back