Dick Bavetta is -400

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
How f**king awesome is that.

You have to love the ironic twist of Barkley, the quintessential degenerate, is a +280 in a race against a 70 year old.

Odds from Olympic.

I dont see how a 70 yr old man can be 4-1 vs anyone in a race. Charles is probably purposely gonna fall or something for some laughs.

He is, or was, because the guy runs like eight miles a day. Seriously, it's at least five, I've heard it repeatedly for a week. He's in ridiculous shape and Barkley is, well, Barkley.

The thing that's great about this is, everybody loves Barkley, hell, I love Barkley, but NO ONE is rooting for him to win. I think it's awesome and, yep, I hope he loses.

That said, all the value is in the dog at those prices.

I'm watching Inside the NBA just hoping they talk about it. I really don't want to be up right now.

edit: Here it is!

alright, i know all about it. the race is one length of the court AND back. Bavetta "supposedly" runs 5 miles a day, which i think is bull shit. I dont know how it could be -400, cuz at bodog earlier it was -170. and +130 for barkley. ALL i know is that this is a huge scheme for barkley to make money.

Whether Bavetta runs daily or not he is running some degree of miles during the games he refs. The problem with this bet is that it could be bagged so maybe a small dog play is the way to go cause everyone will be laughing anyway.

I remember the game that Barkley challenged Bavetta to a race, after saying he was too old to officiate. Barkley was a riot that night and I am so excited to see this come together.

Olympic put it back up at:

+240

Again, the max is only $100. Part of me totally thinks it's wrigged, but the fact is the money's going to charity so why not. Besides, Barkley's a degenerate, you know he's got some side action with some of his friends on this one.

Back