Dez

someone dragged a woman in the parking lot of a walmart. at least it looks that from the incident report.

Yeah , selling to highest bidder at this point.. The assumption being made is that he is the one doing the dragging , which doesn't match up with the police report.

This should dominate the news for the next couple of weeks

Timing is everything, Dez about to get paid, now this after 4 years comes out. Jerry is behind it, Dez is pissed at Boys. If he didnt have anything to do with the dragging, this wont end well between Dez and boys.

Just saw this on another site as well. Go figure, the media created a story out of not much, added in some rumors to make it sound really juicy, kept pointing to some video that exists, and some even said this incident would be "much worse than Ray Rice" when it came out. Ummm, yeah not quite it seems.

Very similar to the Josh Hamilton situation that just occurred yesterday....the tweets before the story about his relapse came out were saying "it's MUCH worse than PEDs," which led to some people to speculate that he must have been caught betting on baseball...because what is "much worse" than PEDs nowadays in sports, MLB in particular? I'm pretty confident in saying that cocaine usage isn't anywhere near PED usage if there were some scale that MLB would judge these things on. He's a recovering addict and always will be...he had a relapse...big fucking deal. Not only that, HE is the one who reported his relapse, it's not like he failed a drug test or anything (he did not fail any drug tests). Hamilton is now going to be considered a 1st time offender since, again, he's the one who self-reported his relapse and didn't fail any MLB drug tests.

Fuck the fucking media.

Lancaster, Tex. police say they have no video of the July 2011 incident involving Dez Bryant in a Walmart parking lot.

Police had already said they were summoned but made no arrests. Now we know they don't have the supposed smoking-gun video that's been the subject of innuendo and Twitter hysteria over the past 48 hours. The episode should begin fading from memory.

jim rome had a roundtable with two media dudes, and they were saying how fucked up it is that this rumor got leaked in the first place. this is tmz level bullshit, and if the folks who are talking about this want to be defined as "journalists", then they just broke every ethical rule that journalists are supposed to follow.

not surprising, obviously.

jim rome had a roundtable with two media dudes, and they were saying how fucked up it is that this rumor got leaked in the first place. this is tmz level bullshit, and if the folks who are talking about this want to be defined as "journalists", then they just broke every ethical rule that journalists are supposed to follow.

not surprising, obviously.

You saying they should have waited until the video was public to talk about it?

You saying they should have waited until the video was public to talk about it?

I'm not sure what he was saying, but I would say that they should have either talked about the story when it happened (4 YEARS AGO), or yes, waited until the video was public to discuss it. Turns out, there is no video from the incident (according to the police)...and since there is no video that would have ever come out, there was no need whatsoever to even bring this story up. But again, if the video did exist, what's the harm in waiting for it to be released before discussing the incident? What is gained by trying to discuss it without having all (or any, in this case) of the facts? Besides, of course, trying to be first to break some story, and trying to bring down any and every possible athlete they can. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that discussing something with the facts and evidence is always more desirable than just shooting off the cuff with rumors and BS. There would have been plenty of time to discuss this after the video came out, especially considering that, again, this happened in 2011.

They basically treated it as if this was some new incident they had on Dez, and it was going to be even worse than the Ray Rice incident...when, in fact, it took place 4 years ago, Dez was interviewed by the police at the time and was found to have done absolutely nothing wrong. Is that what we want our media to do nowadays? Just dig up some old incidents on everyone in every sports league, and act as if they have some new, damning info about the incident? I would hope not. Why didn't these media members simply contact the police about the incident BEFORE they blew the story up on social media and try to make Dez look as bad as possible?

Here's a question, if the video came out, do you think the fact that it happened four years ago should affect the punishment?

I'm not sure what he was saying, but I would say that they should have either talked about the story when it happened (4 YEARS AGO), or yes, waited until the video was public to discuss it. Turns out, there is no video from the incident (according to the police)...and since there is no video that would have ever come out, there was no need whatsoever to even bring this story up. But again, if the video did exist, what's the harm in waiting for it to be released before discussing the incident? What is gained by trying to discuss it without having all (or any, in this case) of the facts? Besides, of course, trying to be first to break some story, and trying to bring down any and every possible athlete they can. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that discussing something with the facts and evidence is always more desirable than just shooting off the cuff with rumors and BS. There would have been plenty of time to discuss this after the video came out, especially considering that, again, this happened in 2011.

They basically treated it as if this was some new incident they had on Dez, and it was going to be even worse than the Ray Rice incident...when, in fact, it took place 4 years ago, Dez was interviewed by the police at the time and was found to have done absolutely nothing wrong. Is that what we want our media to do nowadays? Just dig up some old incidents on everyone in every sports league, and act as if they have some new, damning info about the incident? I would hope not. Why didn't these media members simply contact the police about the incident BEFORE they blew the story up on social media and try to make Dez look as bad as possible?

bingo

Here's a question, if the video came out, do you think the fact that it happened four years ago should affect the punishment?

this walmart thing went down during the lockout, so if there is a video, can they even punish him for that?

and i'm not sure about this, but i'm pretty sure the personal conduct policy was never part of any cba? like, the commish just said i'm gonna do whatever the fuck i wanna do.

i think.

Back