Devils-Sens

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
I am liking what I see from Ottawa in this series. They peppered BRODEUR with so many quality scoring chances. Brodeur was focussed and you could see it in his eyes in the warmups.

I think the key here is that Ottawa is relentless, BRODEUR was unreal but they kept coming and eventually they will score on Brodeur. The thing is that with Ottawa attacking all game it means the Devils are not generating many scoring chances. Emery had a pretty easy shutout last game.

I think that Brodeur is a great bounce back goalie as he just did last game but lets consider these scenarios.

1-Ottawa generates it typical 30+shot performance and controls tempo and offensive puck control.
2-Brodeur plays like he did last game and absolutely stops everything.
3-Brodeur plays great but gets beat twice by goals
4-Brodeur plays average and lets in 3 to 4
5-Brodeur does not bring it to the rink- Lets in 5 goals within first 2 periods.

Jersey offense has not been dominant and has not been able to keep Ottawa's D pinned in their zone. They have also not peppered a lot of quality scoring chances on Emery. Even the goals Emery let in were weak, emery wishes he should have them back.

I think what we are seeing here is Ottawa dominating the play with great offense, and solid defense. New Jersey has the better goalie which is giving New Jersey a chance to win the game, like in game 2 and 3. Ottawa could have beat Jersey by 3 goals in those games if Brodeur wasn't in nets.

From the numbers that i quoted above I think Brodeur is likely to play somewhere in between #2 and #3 tomorrow night. This means he will be tough to beat because he plays his best when his team needs him.

However Ottawa is not Tampa and knows tomorrow's game is critical to win the series, because they don't want it 2-2, and have to win back in Jersey. Ottawa has dominated teams at home in playoffs and only lost 1 game to Pitts, when they fell asleep in the 3rd period.

I am thinking of defenitely making a solid parlay with Ottawa and perhaps Phoenix moneyline in Nba or San Antonio. I also believe again that if Ottawa wins they usually cover the 1.5 line, as they have in every game this playoffs except for one, in which they surrendered a goal with 22 seconds left.

Brodeur cannot play any better and Ottawa will play the same, and I don't believe Devils forwards can take it to the Sens defense which is very solid at home.

Play on Ottawa - parlay with phoenix-Spurs or take 1.5 puck line as it should be around +180 which is great for this team.

Believe don't you think Phoenix Ml would also be solid in that play along with Spurs and Sens Puck Line.

Actually Believe why not just take Sens -0.5 -114 this is more reasonable than -191 for a straight moneyline.

Believe don't you think Phoenix Ml would also be solid in that play along with Spurs and Sens Puck Line.

Actually Believe why not just take Sens -0.5 -114 this is more reasonable than -191 for a straight moneyline.

It sucks I use an online local book. I cant play ML's over 9.5 in NBA. And I cant take -0.5 goals! LOL

If I could, I'd take PHX ML, Spurs ML, and Sens ML.

That sucks they don't offer you that.

I remember our old local we used to call him Rico the Wildman, we would call him for college football on Saturday and he was so disorganized he would pick up the newspaper from the start of the week and start reading out lines from it. He stopped taking our action because his lines were way off.

That sucks they don't offer you that.

I remember our old local we used to call him Rico the Wildman, we would call him for college football on Saturday and he was so disorganized he would pick up the newspaper from the start of the week and start reading out lines from it. He stopped taking our action because his lines were way off.

Mine is cool. Everything is based online. Its like any off-shore website set-up. No phone calls! And payouts are done in person, so it's awesome.

I used to play with the exact same thing, it was a lot better because Locals never have quarter lines, money lines or half time bets. But when playing with credit if you are not disciplined you probably know how that balance can go south pretty quickly. BUt overall it is the way to go.

I don't even know how we used to play with standard game lines and no half times or any options.

I purposely have a restriction on my negative balance level if I ever had an UNBELIEVABLY bad week. Fortunately, that only happened once this past year.

My note of caution for reading game 3 into game 4, is that Jersey were off a tough win headed into game 3, whereas they're off a loss here.

I believed beforehand that OTT would take this series but I can see the scenario where Jersey completely exhaust their reserves to win this game, and then OTT pounces in Game 5 on the back of that and wraps this up in 6. Its less likely than the obvious OTT-NJY-OTT 4-5-6 scenario, but the recent complete lack of Dog results has me mindful of such a sequence (the former would deliver Dog results in 3 out of 6 games, the latter only 1/6, in this series) - 8 straight Favs have won headed into Weds games..

Agree it is a must win, and the Devils have bounced back all year in this spot. However I actually did not read too much into game 3, because even though it was a very close game and Brodeur played great, I think that will not happen again tonight. Devils played good in game 3 with Broduer playing amazing.

But I can not take the Devils based on the fact that they can't afford to lose and go down 3-1, or the fact that they are due.

This is also a big game for Ottawa, and I believe they are not playing for the split at home tonight. I think Devils will throw a good effort, but still like Ottawa to win. Ottawa has lost 2 games this year and one was in OT, and the other one they fell asleep in Pittsburgh.

I believe that they are mature and ready to land these Devils a loss here tonight. although I agree with Bet Crimes that Devils will come out hard.

However I still think that all things aside Sens will win tonight based on the fact they are dominating this series on the ice.

Last edited:
Just played the under in Game 5, hate to play against a fairly veteran team with their backs against the wall who rely on defense... so I played the under, agree though, think the Sens do win, just cant stake them with my money, lol.

GL

Back