Detroit Pistons - Deeeetroit Basketballll

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Most balanced team in the league on both ends of the court, give me that NBA championship future on this team right now. I read this team wrong from day 1.

'an_horse'

Rod, first things first. Congrats on the playoffs so far. 2nd thing, the Pistons are playing the Magic. No reason to get so excited at this point.

lol thats an excellent point jpicks. then again teh heat are nobodies as well. however, im pretty sure im fading my bulls tom.

Rod, first things first. Congrats on the playoffs so far. 2nd thing, the Pistons are playing the Magic. No reason to get so excited at this point.

lol this is no knee jerk reaction on my part - it was the way they executed tonight. This team is not taking any nights off against any opponent no matter how good or bad they are at this point.

It's all about learning from past mistakes i.e. what happened to them in last season's playoffs. Still the best starting 5 in the league and a better bench this season.

Only thing is that they are coached by a loser :shake:

Well, the other thing too..lets see how healthy they stay.

Rasheed was basically a non-factor after game 4 of CLE last season.Most critical player on team must stay healthy.

Well, the other thing too..lets see how healthy they stay.

Rasheed was basically a non-factor after game 4 of CLE last season.Most critical player on team must stay healthy.

Sheed GUAREN-SEED ed a win in game 4...
I have talked to a few people who raised their eyebrows when he said it..
We shall see.'an_horse'

Firstly hats off to this Bulls team. For a team that I thought had no heart whatsoever after that Game 3 collapse they have proved that they are not a one trick pony based on what they did to the Heat in round 1. I expected them to win Game 4, but did NOT expect them to go the Palace and win Game 5. Nor did I expect them to shoot 72.7% in the first half of that game. Put simply that was mind bowing, once in a lifetime type performance by a collective team.

Pistons now know they are in a contest. Words like 'urgency' hasn't even been in this team's vocabularly this post season until now. Billups has also openly admitted complacency even though the team led you to believe otherwise in the leadup to Game 4 when they had a chance to sweep.

Saunders: "There has to be a sense of urgency because Chicago's proven they can beat us here (Auburn Hills). They're a very dangerous team. They won four games in a row against Miami, so anyone that thinks they're going to roll over ... I didn't think that was going to happen. I don't think that anyone who's knowledgeable thought that was going to happen."

Billups: <!--StartFragment --> ''I can't say we did that intentionally, but it's human nature when you get that kind of a cushion to let up a little bit. Our team, as you know, is not that good with cushions. Unfortunately, we've done this before time and time again and have had to go on the road to win.''

Billups has hit the nail on the head IMO - the Pistons did something slightly similar in last year's semi final where they routed the Cavs at home in the first 2 games before dropping the next 3. Pistons therefore needed to win on the road before closing it out at home. Obviously tonight is not a "must win" like last season but I would say it is pretty close, no team wants to go 7 games to close a series, espcially after leading a series 3-0.

Basically the way I see it - the best regular season road team in the Conference (27-14) are coming off back to back DD losses with their last drubbing at home and are catching 2 points. Yes Bulls are damn hard to beat at home, however unlike many teams in the NBA the Pistons have the ability to go into the oppossing team's place and get the W when it matters. They've been there, done that.

I don't need to think too long about this one. Biggest post season play for me, I can take solace in the fact that if this loses the WNBA season starts in 2 days. :smiley_acbe:

Pistons +2 v Bulls (12.5)

:cheers:

By the way, I'm being a pussy by taking the + tonight only because last night I had the Suns ML and got duly stuffed.

nice hit rod... i followed but i took ML so thanks man...

cant wait for ur wnba picks... gl on the season

You're still reading them wrong today. The Spurs are going to win it all. They're the best team in the league since January and they're only getting better.

I feel like this is deja vu

Game 4: ECF Pistons @ Cavs

Pistons ML v Cavs - (+100) (10)<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Why?<o =""></o>
*Experience - we saw how valuable that intangible was last night when the more post season savy team were able to bounce back from that Game 3 drubbing to control the pivotal game 4 from start to finish. You can't buy the experience that this current Pistons squad has, especially their starting 5. It is a poor comparison to compare this current series to the semi final of last season IMO, Pistons were burnt out by the time the post season rolled around last season. If anything that series showed this current team that the Cavs can make this a series if given the chance.
<o =""></o>
*Billups & Hamilton - these two are simply too good to be blunted like they were last game. Billups is averaging close to double the number of turnovers this series than what he committed in the regular season. Main reason was due to the harrasment he had to deal with from both Hughes and Pavlovic. Tonight he will most likely be up against the smaller Gibson for the majority of the game and funnily enough in Game 3, when Gibson was on Bilups for the entire 4th qtr, Billups shot better and scored 8 of his 13 points. Hamilton and Billups had their worst shooting performance of the series in Game 3 going 6-22 combined yet the Pistons still managed to make a game out of it until right to the end. Hamilton lacked agression last game, something that he acknowledged himself, "I didn't want to be out there out-of-pocket and try to be overaggressive while we were still right in the game, but I see now that that's not who I am. I'm out there running around and being aggressive and trying to make plays, so I've got to do a better job of that." The focus & pressure is now firmly on them tonight, they have been there and done that and tonight will be no different.<o ="">
</o>
<o =""></o>
* Motivation - This is more to counter the other side of the argument of saying the Cavs will be much more hungrier of the two teams by virtue of the fact that they are the team down 1-2 in the series. However the Pistons will know that the Spurs in all liklihood will wrap their series in 5 games therefore that should provide ample motivation for this team known to go MIA in these types of games, the possiblity to close the series back at the Palace MUST be at the back of this team's mind.
<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
This is another classic case of the superior team having to bounce back in Game 4 on the road after a letdown game 3. Spurs did it last night, over to the Pistons now. It was always my intention to double up on the Pistons tonight irrespective of last night's result, just following it through now.

:shake:

Finally this is what I have been looking for in terms of prop bets

o23.5 Mr Big Shot Points + Assists - (-140) (3)

:shake:

Back