Detroit Lions....All Aboard...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
bandwagon.jpg

Hey, this is just one of those teams to root for this year. They have some charisma and can be very exciting. They are like that Bengals team from a few years ago thaat used turnovers to overshadow a average defense. Granted, White and Rogers are great up front. Anyways, lets project what the rest of the season has in store.

@ Arizona

Stay away from turnovers and make a few plays on defense and this is a very winnable game

vs NY Giants

Huge game. The reason why...the NFC West and NFC South get automatic playoff bids. The division winners will have records worse than Det and NY most likely. Basically, the wildcard comes down to Det, NY, Wash and GB. One of these teams will not make it. Tiebreakers come into paly because these teams have played. This game will test Detroits secondary. I think though the Lions lose a tight one. The first loss at Ford Field

vs Green bay

Turkey day will be a battle. Farve will have a big day but I expect that extra "something" from the Holiday to gov the Lions the win.

@ Minnesota

Detroit really shut down AP after the first quarter in the first matchup. Game had no business being that close but things happen. Jones should be able to loosen up ground game somewhat for Detroit against a very good defense. Weird things happen in the Dome though it seems but I think Detroit guts out another win against Minny

vs Dallas

This game will be entertaining and high-scoring. We remember the season-ender in irving last year. I expect Romo to go nuts. The key will be if the teams trade TD's or if one team gets FG's. Dallas is just a bit better and wins by a TD

@ San Diego

Not going to happen. We always struggle at jack Murphy Stadium ;). We always struggle out west...then again...this year is different. We'll call it a loss and the record stands at 9-5.

vs Kansas City

Must win to get Kitnas prediction and perhaps solidify a playoff spot. KC will be in tank mode at this point and this should be ugly.

@ Green Bay

The Packers will be 12-3 at this point. Their schedule is pretty soft so they may be resting people here if Detroit is 10-5. Lions haven't won at Lambeau since 1992. Its the curse and again the NFL schedules us for a Dec game there. Could be interesting if GB is resting and this is a game DET needs to get a playoff spot.

So Lions 10-6 it is..perhaps 11-5

and a playoff spot:cheers:

What really got me excited about the lions this year was sundays game and how nuts the defense was going after every big play (most notably Shaun Rogers.) These guys have the winning attitude now. I love how pumped up these guys are and how much fun they are having.

Sorry to say, but I only see them winning 2 of those games...

and any defense that lets up 56 to the Eagles, cant be that good.....

I want to like them this weekend, but I'm not sure I can.

First of all, horrible spot. Just horrible. Big game against the Giants at home on deck, AZ desperate, back at home for the first time in what feels like six weeks.

That said, I generally love betting former coaches against their former QBs, and if Warner's under center this fits that pretty well.

So I'm just not sure.

Well if you named the record and omitted the schedule I would be all with you. But you have wins in at least two games that arent winnable.

Realist Opinions:
Arizona - Detroit BETTER win
NYG - LOSS
Green Bay - I assume LOSS but your right T-Day is always weird
Minnesota - LOSS All Day + Killer D
Dallas - LOSS and a half
San Diego - Seriously? LOSS
Kansas City - Ford Field better be electric - The Priest will be in service
Green Bay - close as they come is ROY promising the Win LOSS

I just think 4 - 4 would be SUPER for the Lions to finish out
Anything above 4 - 4 is unrealistic.
I would not be surprised to see 2-6 and a very proud 8-8 Lions team.
I am giving credit to a tough schedule. Please dont take this as bashing I just think the real LIONS D will eventually stand up and things will come back to normal.

FYI I will be rooting for Megatron, R.O.Y., and K.J. all the way.
The playoffs imo is a huge accomplishment for this bunch.

Well if you named the record and omitted the schedule I would be all with you. But you have wins in at least two games that arent winnable.

Realist Opinions:
Arizona - Detroit BETTER win
NYG - LOSS
Green Bay - I assume LOSS but your right T-Day is always weird
Minnesota - LOSS All Day + Killer D
Dallas - LOSS and a half
San Diego - Seriously? LOSS
Kansas City - Ford Field better be electric - The Priest will be in service
Green Bay - close as they come is ROY promising the Win LOSS

I just think 4 - 4 would be SUPER for the Lions to finish out
Anything above 4 - 4 is unrealistic.
I would not be surprised to see 2-6 and a very proud 8-8 Lions team.
I am giving credit to a tough schedule. Please dont take this as bashing I just think the real LIONS D will eventually stand up and things will come back to normal.

FYI I will be rooting for Megatron, R.O.Y., and K.J. all the way.
The playoffs imo is a huge accomplishment for this bunch.
I totally understand pessimism.

This will be one of those Phil Steele "benefitted" from Turnover teams next year.

The front 4 is one of the leagues best. Big Ern is outstanding and the secondary is doing just enough.

Detroit really controlled Peterson back in week 2 after a quick start. About 3 ypc. Detroit wins against bad QB's. Plain and simple. He is better know and Minny run d is tough but Detroit passed all over them back in week two and the o-line is much better now and KJ is in line-up.

Frankly, I wouldn't write off the Giants as a loss just yet.

If they win in AZ, maybe--perhaps even probably. But if they lose in AZ and the Giants beat Dallas (which I think they will) I like Detroit's chances there.

Frankly, I wouldn't write off the Giants as a loss just yet.

If they win in AZ, maybe--perhaps even probably. But if they lose in AZ and the Giants beat Dallas (which I think they will) I like Detroit's chances there.
Not writing that off.

The Turkey game...the Giants game and the game at the Met all could go either way.

At home on thanksgiving with a crowd thats actually pumped up for the first meaningful thanksgiving game in years? Anyone who assumes a Lions loss is out of their mind.

and keep in mind KJ has been back the past couple of weeks... the beginning of the year the lions were throwing the ball 50 times a game because they had no running attack.. with a balanced offense helping the defense get a breather, the lions have looked pretty good.. I wouldn't write off any of these games although I do think @SD will be very very very tough as will Dallas

Smoke is right - (about Lions crowds) - Lion fans dont know what fired up is...they dont know how...I've been to games, and thought out loud WTF?? Is this a football game? Get up make some noise, loose your voice...go to a Bills or Browns game...diff is black and white.

Oh, they'll win on Turkey Day.

Should be a fun game, though, I'll probably be on the over more than anything.

yeah ive been to lions games too over the past 5 years... nothing to get pumped up about.. this year is different with a playoff spot and a huge game with NFC north implications on the line.. you really think the crowds gonna be sitting on their hands on thanksgiving vs. the pack?? get real

Monk - sorry man, but it's true, maybe a bit more pumped for the turkey day game, but Lions fans are a bit more subdued is what I meant...and with good reason, however...as if the Bills and Browns fans have had anything more to get pumped about? Anyway not trying to hack, glad the Lions are doing well, new attitude, heading in the right direction, hope the crowds do too!!

Joe - ouch - haven't been fortunate enough to catch a game in Philly, but I've heard!!

It's a great quirk of the schedule that the four teams with the best records in the NFC basically play a round-robin the second half of the year.

They will lose to AZ, beat NYG eli will throw 4 picks, win turkey day, beat minny, lose to dallas, lose at SD, beat KC, lose at GB

10-6

Monk - sorry man, but it's true, maybe a bit more pumped for the turkey day game, but Lions fans are a bit more subdued is what I meant...and with good reason, however...as if the Bills and Browns fans have had anything more to get pumped about? Anyway not trying to hack, glad the Lions are doing well, new attitude, heading in the right direction, hope the crowds do too!!

Joe - ouch - haven't been fortunate enough to catch a game in Philly, but I've heard!!
This goes to orangemonk too..

Lions have great fans..Ford Filed sucks for vloume as far as crowd noice how it was built

The Silverdome was the loudest crowd in NFL for quite awhile..well.right there with metrodome..

Trust me..that was a zoo

Ford Field..not so much...more corporate types and not structured for sound..getting better though this year

my buddy was at the game sunday and said it was loud as fuck.

but nothing beat the dome, that place was bananas

my buddy was at the game sunday and said it was loud as fuck.

but nothing beat the dome, that place was bananas
I had tix for last Sunday but couldn't go...FF is getting better...I know that

the dome was an "experience" though unlike much else in pro football..sans lambeau and Arrowhead

the dome was the shit...it was a symbol of detroit, even if it was in pontiac. fights, beer, loud as fuck, barry, isiah

the dome was the shit...it was a symbol of detroit, even if it was in pontiac. fights, beer, loud as fuck, barry, isiah
yup..and in bleachers always count on peeps packing shit in the "gang" fights

love that place

LOL...fuck, i seen a lot of shit there...they even turned that bitch into a rollerdome for rollersakters for a year I think.

LOL...fuck, i seen a lot of shit there...they even turned that bitch into a rollerdome for rollersakters for a year I think.
lol...it was weird..told you this I think..but I attended the last event there ever..last Jan...the monster truck rally..it was so weird..after having been at Ford Field..seeing that place..but it was cool

look at tigers games the past 2 years in comparison to the 5 years before that... most people can't get that excited for a terrible product, which is what the lions have put on the field the past 5 years. I'm not saying Ford Field is going to turn into Arrowhead of Lambeau, but there will be more of a home field advantage than there was in years past

At home on thanksgiving with a crowd thats actually pumped up for the first meaningful thanksgiving game in years? Anyone who assumes a Lions loss is out of their mind.

I would have to agree with that..
Having not missed a thanksgiving day game for the past 9 years with the Detroit boys... A win is expected.. anything less than a blowout performance would be a letdown.

honest question... is this going to turn out like the Detroit Tigers World Series champions thread?

Back