Detroit at Washington

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Boston has 55 wins and Detroit has 49. Orlando has 3 fewer wins than Detroit but 7 more losses. These relative standings are very unlikely to change.
The last 8 times Detroit has played Eastern teams they are 3-5 su and have covered 1 spread which was a home blowout of the Bucks 2 days after they lost to the Bucks at the Bucks. The last 10 times Detroit has played Western Conference teams they are 9-1 su.
Does anyone really believe this is coincidence?
Today Detroit plays Washington away. Tomorrow they defend home turf vs a revenge seeking Suns team and Shag. Lets look at some scores
73-89 at Cleveland
82-83 at home vs Philadelphia
85-103 at Orlando
78-90 at Boston
These are the 4 Eastern teams they might run into in the playoffs at some point. Is this a coincidence. Are they intentionally simply not showing anything to the teams they might face. Just speculation
They have beaten Washington once this season. They will play them 1 more game at home later in the season. I locked in under 188 for todays game and when I see what I think is the best number will play Washington.
Washington is in the reverse position to Detroit. They have 35 wins and 4 teams well ahead of them with Toronto and Philadelphia tied with wins and are about to leave on a fairly tough road trip.
They are also 2-2 su at home last 4 vs Detroit so if Detroit pulls the no show the bet cashes and if not we might win or cover anyway. Looking for combined winning chances.
Am I reading the info correctly? Don't know. Seems like playing the game under with Detroit knowing they play the Suns tomorrow is a very innocent play. Sides? They are still 1-7 ats last 8 against the East. You decide. GL

Last edited:
These are assumptions. They may be true. You for example are assuming they were bothered by their Cleveland result and I am not at all sure of that. The rest? This season with 3 or more days rest Detroit is 0-4 ats and 1-3 su. After a 10-19 point loss on the road they are 2-3 su and 1-4 ats.

Nice thoughts tuck... I have Wiz+8 in a teaser, but would not be surprised to see them take it su. GL today :cheers:

I think you've read it perfectly. I doubt the Pistons really care at all wether they win in Washington or not. The Suns game tomorrow is what really makes this bet stick out to me.

Even if the Pistons could get the #1 seed I'm not sure that it's what they want. I'm sure they'd rather have Boston face LBJ in the 2nd round while they could beat up the Magic. GL

Hope you are right. Locked in 5.5 for a unit. If it goes up more will add. Added a quarter unit on under 188.5 at 5d. GL

As far as the Under goes, I hate the fact they totaled 73 last time out, but thats probably ameliorated by the fact they have PHX on board tomorrow night. BOL tuck

I needed Washington MLINE and am thankfull for the Detroit now show for sure. It was a 55 to 1 payout, but i only bet $3 on it lol

Back