Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls

Eric8923

Pretty much a regular
How do the Bulls go forward? If it's me, I think it's in both parties interest to stop planning on him being "The" Star in Chicago. Not sure if I would trade him, but have to look at him as a career back up or trade bait.

Be interesting to see what they do with Thibs as well....They have a lot of decisions.. Butler will be a free agent..... ( i am sure they will offer him the max)...
Don't need a superstar point guard,, just someone who can run an offense with the lineup they put out there...

Unreal shit. Time to tear up another Bulls Eastern Conference Champs future. I just won't learn. Fuck me and Derrick Rose's pussy body.

I honestly would like to see him go to Phoenix, to see if the injuries will stop or not...

Showed how frail this team is by the way they came out last night, expected them to lay that hammer and break one off in Stephen A. Smith's ass.

As much as I hate to say it, Rose has killed the Bulls the last few years. Team has turned from a menace into an emotional wreck, and it wasn't helped by the inclusion of that 7-foot mangina Pau.

6142.jpg

Crazy how some athletes literally can't make it through a season without a big injury.

In DRose' s case though many saw him as an injury risk with as much torque as he put on his knees. I remember listening to a Fox sports national radio show right before the draft and they brought on some former GM as their draft guru and he said Chicago should take Kevin Love #1 because Rose would be out of the league in less than 10 years with bad knees.

10:49am: Rose will be back on the practice floor in “another week,” Forman added, according to Friedell (Twitter link). The regular season ends in less than seven weeks.

FRIDAY, 10:33am: Bulls GM Gar Forman said Rose should be back in four to six weeks after surgery today that Forman deemed a minor procedure, tweets Nick Friedell of ESPNChicago.com.

In DRose' s case though many saw him as an injury risk with as much torque as he put on his knees. I remember listening to a Fox sports national radio show right before the draft and they brought on some former GM as their draft guru and he said Chicago should take Kevin Love #1 because Rose would be out of the league in less than 10 years with bad knees.

Really?? would like to know who said that?

btw having a 10 year career in the.nba is pretty dam good considering the avg career is less than 5 years...

100% healthy Rose or no Rose, they're not getting past Cleveland so what's it matter.

Because when both teams are at full health and playing their best ball, Cavs win one game, or best of seven, home or away ... Bulls aren't scary. No one in the east is beating Cleveland in a 7-gamer if Bron is playing.

Because when both teams are at full health and playing their best ball, Cavs win one game, or best of seven, home or away ... Bulls aren't scary. No one in the east is beating Cleveland in a 7-gamer if Bron is playing.

I agree with this for sure. Lebron is actually healthy now, and we can see how good that team is. Like many have said all along...it's going to take some time for that team to gel, Blatt get acclimated, etc....that has happened now. Cleveland is the best team in the league when they are all healthy imo, for one reason...they have Lebron. Last night watching him play showed one thing...he's out to win another MVP and is seemingly sick of all the talk about Curry, Harden, etc.

It's so funny too that all of that talk about Blatt and Lebron not getting along, Bron wanting him fired, Bron "pushing" him during that game a month and a half ago or so, has all disappeared. I know it's been brought up before, but I feel it needs to be brought up again...it just goes to show how much BS and rumors there are, or can be, out there when a team isn't winning. With this team most people knew it would take some time. And, it certainly didn't help that LeBron was hurt.

You'd have to imagine nothing drastic changed in the locker room between the players and Blatt....except that Bron is healthy and they're now winning games. All of that BS about Bron hating Blatt and wanting him fired was just that....BS.

I wanted Blatt fired at that time, I'm sure I could be quoted in a post. I was too greedy too soon.

The difference Lebron makes to an NBA team is pretty remarkable. Go back over his whole career. Cavs stink, draft Lebron, start to go deep in the playoffs within a couple years, go to a finals, win 66 games one year. Lebron goes to Miami, Cavs don't sniff the playoffs for four years, Heat go to four finals and win a couple. Lebron comes back, Miami sucks, Cavs toss a supporting cast together, and bam. Title contenders. Like all Clevelanders, I've been love/hate/love/hate/love on this guy over the years, and NBA has never really been my thing, but guy's impact in a team game in short order is pretty incredible.

Really?? would like to know who said that?

btw having a 10 year career in the.nba is pretty dam good considering the avg career is less than 5 years...

Wish I could remember who it was. Guy was adamant that Rose was a risk. 10 year career is great but expected from the overall #1 pick; Keane Brown is widely considered one of the biggest busts ever as a #1 overall pick and even he played 13 NBA seasons.

Wish I could remember who it was. Guy was adamant that Rose was a risk. 10 year career is great but expected from the overall #1 pick; Keane Brown is widely considered one of the biggest busts ever as a #1 overall pick and even he played 13 NBA seasons.
thats because kwame was never on the court to get hurt....

The guy the Cavs took a couple years ago #1 overall, that Canadian flop they shipped away, he's got to be up there too, right?

Anthony Bennett. (I wanted to call him Elmer, knew that didn't sound right.)

Was just looking at the list ... Who knew that Doug Collins was the overall #1 in 1973?

ok -so had to look up the number 1 picks to see if they were injured. etc etc.. (btw , i think i get what you are saying -expectations), i went back to Kwame: )

2001 Washington Wizards Kwame Brown
2002 Houston Rockets Yao Ming^ --------- injury-- done
2003 Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James^ so far so good
2004 Orlando Magic Dwight Howard^ ---- same- though now with the knee
2005 Milwaukee Bucks Andrew Bogut^ ---- has been injured quite a bit
2006 Toronto Raptors Andrea Bargnani ------ injured quite a bit
2007 Portland Trail Blazers Greg Oden[x] ------ done
2008 Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose^ ----- injured
2009 Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin^[y] --- missed his first year i believe-- kneecap
2010 Washington Wizards John Wall^ -- starting to get nagging injuries
2011 Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving^ hurt shoulder last night
2012 New Orleans Hornets Anthony Davis^ -- injuries
2013 Cleveland Cavaliers Anthony Bennett fat- , injured
2014 Cleveland Cavaliers Andrew Wiggins ---all good so far...

My point is these guys no matter what position they get drafted put some much pressure on their bodies, one funky landing or foul, freak accident (paul george) and that's it -- more than half in the last 10 years have had significant injuries,,, some will play 10+ years..
and for 1 person to go on on a limb to say a powerful pg who plays fast and aggressive,,, is not going out on a limb at all....

Kyrie's hurt pretty much half the time, and always a different part of the body. He's a combination of unlucky and doesn't answer the bell in pain. Great talent, needs a little more hair on his balls.

There are some pretty bad #1 overalls on that list if you look at it, from the guys who stunk, to the guys who stunk in comparison to the guys who went next, to the guys who couldn't stay healthy. Always an issue with big, tall guys running around on wood. Hindsight's a bitch.

Kyrie's hurt pretty much half the time, and always a different part of the body. He's a combination of unlucky and doesn't answer the bell in pain. Great talent, needs a little more hair on his balls.

You want a 10+ year career with guaranteed millions -- stay hairless....

Back