Derrick mason?

Ragingstorm

Is he worth a 5th round pick? Also how about Frank Gore?

Slim picking already im thinking Mason will be big with Mcnair with him again and im hearing Gore is having an amzing camp so far

5th round sounds a bit too early for Mason I think. But then again I am in a 12 team league that is separated by two conferences where the same player can be in each conference so the choices are better. i never really had a chance to be in a league where you have to reach to the bottom of the barrel for players.

I think that at the end of the year Mason will easily be that valuable.
You may be able to get ahold of him a bit later.
Early 5th seems a bit early but he will have a SOLID year.
Reunited with the guy that threw him countless TDS and on an offense that is dying to breakout after years of atrociousness.

PURPLE & GOLD said:
I think that at the end of the year Mason will easily be that valuable.
You may be able to get ahold of him a bit later.
Early 5th seems a bit early but he will have a SOLID year.
Reunited with the guy that threw him countless TDS and on an offense that is dying to breakout after years of atrociousness.

i disagree. not sure where you say countless tds from my man if in 10 yrs with the titans mason never had himself no double digit touchdown year. he had nine one time. with the offense the titans had and the offense the ravens have i think you will get between 6-9 tds out of him at the most. which isnt bad but i thinks nine is a bit generous. just expect him to produce like any top receiver of a team that doesnt really pass much.

also

i think mason may lead the team in yardage but heap will lead the team in tds. if anything - i think the real sleeper and the one who will have a bits more value in this team will be clayton because he will be more balanced.

i always do well and know my fantasy and foots well so you can take it for what its worth to yous but i usually lead my league because i reads alotta info. just trying to help some.

Justapick,
I see where you are coming from but you cant compare the situations in Tennessee and Baltimore. Mason was the victim of an average team on both sides of the ball. I'm not saying Baltimores Defense is where it once was but Tennessee has not even been close. Suprisingly, a one sided offense (by force - often trailing) actually hurts a #1 Wrs #s.
Mason had the top CB + help on him during most of the 2nd Hs in his career. So you are correct in a sense but the multiple options that you mentioned (Heap, Lews, and Clayton) IMO will open up things for Mason.
Heap was not a big TD threat because he was so great he scored so many TDS because he was the ONLY receiving threat. This is a team that has played solid defense and has had many opportunities to score in the past. They just had such horrid QB play that the TE became the whole offense. I know McNair liked TEs too but see above with the double coverage on Mason as a reason for this. You could be 100% correct I just wanted to explain why I predict Mason may have the best year of his career. Then again, Clayton could really break out and become the deep threat turning Mason into a high reception low yardage/TD possession type receiver. I just think the chemisty and situation all lend to Mason stepping it up in a major way this year. Only time will tell.
I do have about 18 guys listed above Mason at WR.

alotta good points. but I still think Mason is not even going to lead the team in tds here. I actually have about 30 receivers in front of him and I can tell you who and why I have them in front...

the last top receiver there before mason was travis taylor and i think he is playing similars in MIN as he was in BAL. in fact he had a 6 td year as the #1 guy in bal and only a 4 td year with qbs Culpepper/Johnson in MIN with burleson/robinson opening up for him. so it is not that much the qbs. it is mainly the fact that bal is not a passing team. don't expect much from mason man. like i said. 7-9 tds is saying alot imo.
:shake:

also

if mason would go to the colts or something and be on the other side of harrison. then id say he was up for a big year. but he is not a big time receiver to produce double digits in tds in a team like baltimores.

Thats kind of like saying John Candy wasnt much of a sprinter.
Baltimore didnt choose to suck ass at QB and passing all these years.

I wont argue about having 30 WRs ranked ahead of him.
Its preseason and everyone has high hopes for the big dollar guys.
And as we both know we can revisit the rankings in December and find 1/3 overvalued, 1/3 undervalued, and about 1/3 performed as expected.
What a fantasy it truly is!

I look forward to many discussions with you throughout the year.
Good Luck Drafting!

PURPLE & GOLD said:
Thats kind of like saying John Candy wasnt much of a sprinter.

That a one big boy that can run.... ever see him run in that movie with the bear on his ass... lmao.

PURPLE & GOLD said:
I look forward to many discussions with you throughout the year.
Good Luck Drafting!

:cheers:

Back