Degen Dave's MLB Picks

DegenDave

Started keeping track of my plays on twitter in June. I run a model on MLB that shows me where the line/total should be and it shows me where there is value on a side and total.

Record: 85-83-3 (+11.6 units)

07/29/2014 Card:

MARINERS +100
PHILLIES -120
TWINS +175
BREWERS +150
COL/CHC Over 7.5
BOS/TOR Under 9
MIA/WSH Over 7
OAK/HOU Under 8
NYY/LAD +150
OAK/LAD +140

all plays are 1 unit unless otherwise stated. Dogs i risk 1 unit (i.e. Min +175 1 U to win 1.75 U) Favs i risk the juice to win 1 unit (i.e. Phi -120, 1.2u to win 1 U)

Feel free to give me a follow on twitter: iamadegen

I usually provide some reasoning or statistics behind my plays or what the model spits out.

For instance:
KC should be -150/-160, MIN +130/+140. Great value on MIN +175.. not necessarily saying there gonna win, obviously i hope they do, but there is value here on MIN.

BOL

Last edited:
thank you fellas! I've been following cappers on here for a while (i.e. MrGameHunter) thought id try it out for myself and see how i do.

PHI -120

In 9 GS away from Home Hamels: 3-3 1.93 ERA 60.2 IP 61K/20 BB .229 BAA
Last 3 times Phillies have lost a game before Hamels pitched:

vs MIL W 6 2/3 1 ER 7 Ks
vs ATL W 7 IP 1 ER 9Ks
vs SF W 8 IP 1 ER 10Ks
total: 3-0 21 2/3 IP 3 ER (1.24 ERA) 26 Ks

PHI is a tough team to back with all the trade talk and poor play, but Hamels is the one guy that you can rely on for PHI

SEA +100

line should be SEA -130/-140, Cle +120

Value here on Iwakuma who is strong on the road in 6 GS: 4-0 3.18 ERA
SEA is also one of the better teams on the road with a 28-20 record. CLE is playing well and also very good at home (29-19) so somethings got to give, but ill take the value on Iwakuma vs Bauer

CHC/COL Over 7.5

Kinda shocked that the total is this low. Edwin Jackson has got to be the worst Free Agent signing in recent memory.

Jackson at Home: in 10 GS 4-4 5.53 ERA in 55.1 IP 62 H .288 BAA (somehow numbers are even worse on the road) CarGo is 7/9 2 2b 1 3b 1BB and 6 RBI vs Edwin

De La Rosa may be Colorado's only reliable pitcher, however he is only good in Colorado at Coors field (weird right?)
De La Rosa Away from Coors: in 10 GS 4-4 52 IP 49 H .252 BAA
Cubs rank among the best hitting teams vs LHP

MIL +150
I have MIL as a -120 FAV here. I know TB is the hottest team in the league right now and its hard to go against them, but MIL is no slouch of a team. Despite Garza's start against WAS 2 starts ago, Garza has been in really good form and with the potent lineup behind him its hard to not like MIL +150 here.

sorry if thats a bit lengthy, just trying to show you guys what i look at for my reasoning behind my picks. Hope this info can somewhat help you make some decisions today.

BOL everybody!

2 adds:
OAK/HOU Under 8
Doug Eddings is the Home plate umpire. Games with Easy E behind the plate are 15-5 to the under

WSH/MIA Over 7
Nationals are 14-2 to the Over in the last 16 NL East divisional road games
Strasburg's last 9 starts vs MIA are 8-1 to the Over with an average of 11 runs per game
Strasburg has bad numbers on the road 1-6 5.09 ERA

sorry if thats a bit lengthy, just trying to show you guys what i look at for my reasoning behind my picks. Hope this info can somewhat help you make some decisions today.

BOL everybody!

I am one who appreciates the write ups. They are not lengthy to me. Perfect for helping me cap the game.

BOL with your plays and welcome to CTG.

Welcome aboard, DD. BOL tonight & with the ongoing task of retaining your sanity in the face of that manifestation in reality known as bullpens.

Back