Defense And The New NFL

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Have we ever seen anything this bad? The really good defensive teams are who? CAR who let the shitty Saints hang 30+ on them?

Legion of Boom? Really? Anyone fear this?

The NFL has been a big part of diminishing defense....I don't want to hear about Fantasy either....I know it is a "thing", but this product is just bad. SOOOOOOO many penalties that extend drives. They pay Dbs now like QBs and pretty soon QBs will be paid like baseball's best...

I was sitting in the Dome watching this shit unfold.......

I miss the Dome Patrol days and even when SEA played crazy D........Look I know we had some games that would say DEFENSE, but c'mon......some of these offenses suck too.

Is Defense dead?

Dead and getting worse because they have removed the fun of playing defense. Can no longer lig ht a guy up and a normal tackle might get you suspended. Have about two foot area you are allowed to hit a qb now ....qb can throw it away without penalty ...taking the sack fun away. Cannot evwn talk shit anymore after a good tackle...taunting....can't play good coverage oe you gat a PI. What kids are gonna be drawn to defense? So it is only going to get worse. Gonna be arena ball soon.

on the other hand, there are about 10 decent qbs in the nfl right now and not a ton of studs in college...u can make a case that its about to come full circle and devolve back into the run first game that it used to be in the next 10 years

What is so funny is that defense is dying but the teams that do not have a QB still suck in a dying defensive age.

how many qbs have more int than TD this year that are the actual starter? Foles? Anyone?
Not many

Most have a lot more TD than INT
Matt Ryan 17 TD 13 INT
Jameis Winston 17 TD 11 INT
Joe Flacco 14 TD 12 INT
Sam Bradford 13 TD 10 INT
Teddy Bridgewater 8 TD 8 INT
Peyton Manning 9 TD 17 INT
Nick Foles 7 TD 10 INT
Andrew Luck 15 TD 12 INT

Notables
Gabbert 5/3, Brock 5/3, JFF 5/2, Hasselbeck 8/4, Tyrod 17/4, McCown 12/4, Mariotta 19/9

The Browns ask, "Where are these soft defenses you speak of?"

Yeah, they have to get rid of the 40-yard PI penalty, especially when they're going to call it basically if you get in the receiver's way.

The answer is "one of them is in your locker room."

They're so bad. That's a veteran group in quit mode. Can't stop the run, can't rush the passer, can't cover, can't tackle. Someone needs to study Joe Haden's brain to get the scoop on this groundbreaking two-month concussion.

Back