December Golf Play

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

Coming back from an administrative leave (with pay of course). I caution everyone out there in cyber land to not get onto CTG at 2:39 AM after 10 hrs of boozing,and private message a mod:stretcher:.
Anyway, it was one of my proudest moments of my illustrious capping career picking Retief Goosen last week. He finished dead last by 9 shots :tiphat:
Although it doesn't seem that way from a distance, I did spend about 2+ hours capping that event. Still doing pretty good in golf the past couple weeks. I think 6 - 2 my last 8. Although I did lose a chunk of that betting on the NBA. :moose:
My pick this week, I am not that confident on...Just playing it to get my stats up.
Australian PGA Championship
Nick O' Hern -110 over John Senden I would give it about a 3 out of 5 on my
handcuffs.jpg
ratings..

For the discovery and Animal Planet lovers out there.. This weeks Alfred Hill golf tourney is located next to the Kruger National Park. If you have some free time on your hand google it, and check out some of the videos. Nature at its finest. There is a list of the animals on the plains..<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LU8DDYz68kM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGr-Bmd8ouE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

I did notice that Kruger does not house mooses.. which has to be a good thing.

(observer)
O'Hern has been practising in Perth this week after returning from China where he partnered Nathan Green in the World Cup.

"I played pretty well in China last week but unfortunately we didn't score very well," O'Hern said.

"It was probably the best I've hit the ball since early in the year. I'm working on some good stuff and looking forward to defending at Coolum."

Remarkably, O'Hern's 14-year professional career has yielded only two wins - both at Coolum.

Between his debut victory in 1999 and last year's win, O'Hern had been runner-up 12 times, third on 11 occasions and had 56 top-10 finishes in Australasia, Europe and the US.

"If I hadn't won last year I would have taken a long time to get over it," he said.

"Coolum is right up there as one of my favourite courses. There are lots of holes where you can hit it right to left and I can do that with my driver very comfortably.

"It's a course where I can actually attack some holes. Where guys are hitting irons and three-woods I can get the driver out and have a crack.

"It shortens up those holes for me."

O'Hern looked set to win outright last year, but missed a 1m putt on the 72nd hole to finish at 22-under with two-time PGA champion Peter Lonard, who rammed in a 3m putt for par. It was the lowest winning score in the 101-year history of the event.

"I took a lot out of eventually winning last year, especially after screwing up the last hole. It gave me great confidence, especially the way I won the play-off," O'Hern said.

Dont think so. It was great golf to watch. Seeing Alejandero make that putt showed serious onions. I thought 2 gloves would choke..almost did.

Not now chief im in the zone! I wouldn't play the O hern play.. I think both end up in the top 10.. so its basically a coin flip.

Yea 5 dimes.. One of the sites I use to cap events has this ranking
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="tablebody"><td align="left" valign="top">[SIZE=-2]Stuart Appleby[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr class="tablebody"> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="1%"> [SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE] </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> [SIZE=-2]David Smail[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr class="tablebody"> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="1%"> [SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE] </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> [SIZE=-2]John Senden[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr class="tablebody"> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="1%"> [SIZE=-2]4[/SIZE] </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> [SIZE=-2]Craig Parry[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr class="tablebody"> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="1%"> [SIZE=-2]5[/SIZE] </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> [SIZE=-2]Scott Gardiner[/SIZE]</td></tr></tbody></table>
And I had noticed Stadler has struggled of late..

Should be interesting. I wish the PGA would start, its so much easier than these events. If this play doesnt go well then I will just wait til the mercedes.

Sheehan +104 over Rumford

I really dont like these events at all so be careful. I couldnt find any prior course info for these 2.. just know that
Rumford just played 5 or 6 rounds of grueling golf over here in the states to get his card and now has to fly across the world and play on like half of days rest, he already mentioned how exhausted he was.

On a side note i read that adam scott is getting over a bug

Final Card All from the Aussie event..
Nick O' Hern -110 over John Senden
Sheehan +104 over Rumford
David Smail -132 over Kevin Stadler

More than likely will be final my week of golf until the Mercedes event.Good Luck

The units go like this..
4.5 units on o hern <-- all thats left at the greek besides my superbowl future I cashed out and moved a g to 5 dimes for more options
3.5 units on sheehan
A tad over 6 on the stadler matchup

I would gladly take a 2 - 1 week preferably ohern and smail to cash.

Looks like the biggest played cashed (Smail). The other 2 both made the cut and are down 1 shot each. So it should be close this weekend.

Not betting this one since my account is tied up but i like this play, won't count it either way on my w/l streak
Cink -- Johnson -150 over Daly -- Couples Round 2 ties are losses

Well (2 - 1) cashing on the 2 big plays unfortunately I did lose one and I hate to lose golf bets. It was a piss poor capping job on both the Senden and Sheehan bet. Either way 8 - 3 the last 11, which is a tad under my career average. I'll take the 6 or so units and move onto next week, hoping to improve. I do think the first 3 months of the golf season is where I make all my money, so ride or collide.. :box:

good job

Do you bet on LPGA as well? I can't believe my book was offering lines on the LEXUS tournament in Perth over the w/end

good job

Do you bet on LPGA as well? I can't believe my book was offering lines on the LEXUS tournament in Perth over the w/end

yEA I bet ladies also, I dont really have the resources to cap ladies as much (i.e. news, course history etc). A site i post at dudes will be betting euro lpga, and all kind of crazy shit :cheers: Once the main season starts I usually stick to the pga tour.

Wow Ernie snowmans the last hole to lose by 1. Unreal, it was a shitty field, cant believe he lost.

Back