December 3rd through December 9th Discussion Thread

C's are starting to click and there are rumors that the carmarderie that wasn't there earlier in the season is starting to show in a positive sense. Smart's injection into the starting lineup has paid dividends and Hayward after a slow and timid start is starting to come around. Kyrie has been pushing the team to be more team oriented and it appears that they are coming around. They have had a tough schedule up to now but it is softening and the travel to every game will end soon. I expect them to go on a bit of a run here and will look to be on them as well as looking at halftime opportunities when they are down.

Indeed Celtics played 2 times last week Friday and Saturday and now don't play the Knicks until Thursday TNT little revenge....

I need a total winner on the clippers/pelicans game for a contest, I don’t know jack bout nba! Any thoughts?

Do not expect it to get better soon and it will sicken me to bet Portland Thursday

Tomorrow the Suns game should be another disaster with both of the Suns best players out and a game at home the next day so. I really would expect Portland to name a score but possibly the simplest is a first half and first quarter combine

Portland has been bad but for example vs the Clippers
They scored 58 points in the first half and then up by 13 lost the game. This is their best day of the week so I think most things work

Won with the Spurs but it ended very tight. Was leading a good part of the game

Turns out playing Suns first quarter may be a problem since they got crushed in the first quarter last game by the Royals. That needs to be studied

I hear ya Tuck...tough playing Suns in any capacity right now

C's in a revenge game tonight at the garden....they should roll

Playing C’s 1st Q as well. And to be honest I like the tease as well but mostly my adversion to laying large points. Buts C’s should roll here if they have any heart at all.

I know that I'm not supposed to think this way but after watching the Rockets Thursday night I was thinking how can this team have gotten this bad. They were horrendous. It's the only Rocket game I've watched this year so it could an aberration but the two times I've watched the Mavs it was a totally different act. And now the Mavs are getting points at home. I don't get it. I may very well be wrong here but I can see the Mavs winning this and wouldn't be surprised if they won by more than a few. Any thoughts?

Yes this seems to be clear bet on the Mavericks. I suspect Chris Paul isn’t right but they need him too desperately to let him heal better. So on paper the Rockets have their two formidable guards and the capping numbers are crunched accordingly, but in reality the Rockets just have Harden.

Yes this seems to be clear bet on the Mavericks. I suspect Chris Paul isn’t right but they need him too desperately to let him heal better. So on paper the Rockets have their two formidable guards and the capping numbers are crunched accordingly, but in reality the Rockets just have Harden.
Good game so far.

Heat, without 2 starters, just obliterating the Clippers in the 4th quarter.

61 FT's so far attempted with 8 mins left. Clippers getting frustrated, Doc just ejected.

The 3pt shooting really has been the difference.

As a heads up, Pelicans and Stons coming up...we all know what that has meant in the past...

Clippers scored 8 in 4th tonight.

Down one to start, lost by 23.

Noles, I know that this is a bit different made up Detroit team but peek AD's numbers vs Detroit the last several meetings.

B.A.R., Last time I was watching the Pistons play, they were going against the Seventysixers. Reggie Jackson looked bored as hell throughout the game, and perhaps slightly miffed that he was forced to play in it. Was that just my imagination?

B.A.R., Last time I was watching the Pistons play, they were going against the Seventysixers. Reggie Jackson looked bored as hell throughout the game, and perhaps slightly miffed that he was forced to play in it. Was that just my imagination?
I didn't see that game but nothing would surprise me with regards to Reggie.

We really need a top flight guard, bad.

Nice job Reno now I gotta fire up a Sunday NBA thread too, kinda figured today'd be a day off there but wow can't sleep on that

Back