Davis Ash Concussed Again. Out Vs. BYU

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Hope you got the +3.5. Total won't be low enough for this game. We got nothing backing Ash up. Swoopes is terrible. Heard may be a great player down the line, but he's been in college for 3 weeks.

I'm sure Ash is done for his career. Needs to be.

@mikefinger: And now Texas announces Estelle and Harrison have been suspended for the BYU game only.

So we're now without our 2 starting offensive tackles, and center, for Saturday. And it's not going to surprise anyone if Harrison and Estelle are gone for good.

My math tells me our (now) starting offensive line will have a combined 4 starts when they line up Saturday night against BYU. Total. We may just have Swoopes take 3 knees and punt. And then repeat that until the game's over. Anyone else on the under here?

Oh well, get rid of all the shit from Brown's country club, Charlie.

The problem with the under is that it is lined that way already. BYU runs a really fast paced offense that allows for a lot of plays in a football game and they never stop doing it.... it will last all game long. Texas hasn't stopped a running qb in a few seasons it feels like ( not looking it up just based on my perception ) so if Strong gets them to do it then we have progressed as a defense. Ya I said "we" .. ... nothing more annoying than people who get annoyed because someone else uses the word "we" when describing the team they cheer for.

So there are a few things that make playing an under in that game unappealing despite it looking like a dead under... BYU secondary looked awful against UConn but they had suspended guys back there.

Mack Brown said there was a "tackling epidemic in America" after the BYU game last year. That clown said some ridiculous shit, but few things topped that. The epidemic was really confined to Austin, and to Manny Diaz. He was the DC here from 2011-2013, so that's probably why you struggle to remember us being able to tackle a QB.

Tackling and playing defense, under this new staff, is the least of the team's concerns now. At this rate of attrition, though, we won't have a 2-deep by the time October rolls around.

"Reported this morning on 104.9 that the school had originally dismissed both from school but Coach Strong appealed to the school to not dismiss them but rather get them into rehab. Apparently the school went along with Strong's recommendation and the suspension is currently set @ 6 games with a rehab program as a stitulation."

from a buddy of mine in austin, concerning the two OTs.

Hope you got the +3.5. Total won't be low enough for this game. We got nothing backing Ash up. Swoopes is terrible. Heard may be a great player down the line, but he's been in college for 3 weeks.

I'm sure Ash is done for his career. Needs to be.

Diehard OU fan here but you have your facts wrong on Swoopes. He's a soph and enrolled at Texas in Spring 2013 so he's been through two spring camps and saw action in 6 games LY. He had 8 rushes for 38 yds in the bowl gm v Oregon. This kid is extremely talented and I believe he will be a fine player at Texas, and sooner (pun intended) than you think.

I do agree that Ash should probably retire, just based on the info we have now about long term effects of concussions and how many he has sustained the last one year. He may be a Longhorn but I do like the kid and wish the best for him.

He was talking about Heard as a true Freshman, not Swoops.

Ahhhh. I read it as "Heard (he) may be a great player down the line...".

I don't think it's fair to call Swoopes "terrible" when he has not had a real chance to prove his wares quite yet. It looks like Ash will be out a while ala last year so perhaps we can get to really see how good (or not) Swoopes is.

Yes, it just doesn't seem like a pretty picture tomorrow night. The plan was for Wittek to transfer in (didn't complete school at SC over the summer) and make Swoopes a tight end, and that's where he should be. (Similar to Blake Bell thing.) He's not improved at all. At his size, couldn't dominate at the 2A level (2nd lowest class in Texas HS football). Sr. year he went 1-9. The staff tried to talk Brown off Swoopes, but he somehow saw a VY clone simply because of his size. Problem is, he is slow as molasses. Just appears that he's in deep shit tomorrow night with our duct taped line that has a collective 5 starts among them. We'll see - stranger things have happened.

Fuck Brown for leaving this mess.

Back