David Blatt Fired

Bron's a bit of a coach killer. Just a little bit (Robert De Niro face). Guy's gone through his share of coaches.

Blatt never had a chance there but wasn't very good, either.

Again, Lebron is a coach killer and a teammate killer (Love). He should just play with 4 stretch shooters...

He's well on his way to shattering the worst FG% outside of the paint this season, too.

Just impossible to coach around that... it's like Peyton Manning. Does his thing and there's little you can change about it.

Brilliant move. Probably didn't want to lose Lue who was getting a job this offseason so why wait and possibly salvage this season ?

Blatt needed to be an assistant first in the NBA to grasp the differences from international ball.

A little surprised by this. Best record in the east. And what caused it? The loss to the Spurs and the beat down from the Warriors? Obviously this can't be done without Lebron's consent.

I won't call it brilliant yet. (I was calling for his head this time last year though.). Interesting move. Can't think of one quite like it off the top of my head. Any precedent for a conference/league leader canning a coach/manager midway?

A little surprised by this. Best record in the east. And what caused it? The loss to the Spurs and the beat down from the Warriors? Obviously this can't be done without Lebron's consent.

Oh yeah. Lebron fired him. Don't buy whatever spin the Cavs sell.

I won't call it brilliant yet. (I was calling for his head this time last year though.). Interesting move. Can't think of one quite like it off the top of my head. Any precedent for a conference/league leader canning a coach/manager midway?

yes..nhl... won the ship

The rumors say that Bron wasn't consulted before the move.
I'm shocked. Maybe something behind the scene, we don't know about...

I wasn't talking about hockey.

Well Laraeux ,, you didnt make that clear in your comment........... ggggggeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz :pillow:

The rumors say that Bron wasn't consulted before the move.
I'm shocked. Maybe something behind the scene, we don't know about...

This belongs in the religion thread. Can you picture the Cavs firing Blatt, then calling Lebron, "Hey, Bron, this is Griff, we fired Blatt."

Wasn't midway thru the season but the Lakers fired Paul Westhead 11 games into the season (they were 7-4) even though he had coached the Lakers to a Title 2 seasons before and the 2nd best record in the West the previous season.

Pat Riley took over and the Lakers won the Title.

Brilliant move. Probably didn't want to lose Lue who was getting a job this offseason so why wait and possibly salvage this season ?

Blatt needed to be an assistant first in the NBA to grasp the differences from international ball.

This!

Blatt looked lost with Irving being back....

Here's the way Bron will play this, I know this guy dead.

He will hangdog it, talk about management and ownership opting for a new voice, he's just a player, you know, the usual crap. But the first time he perceives that we perceive the new coach has helped, he'll go out of his way to credit the coach.

Here's the way Bron will play this, I know this guy dead.

He will hangdog it, talk about management and ownership opting for a new voice, he's just a player, you know, the usual crap. But the first time he perceives that we perceive the new coach has helped, he'll go out of his way to credit the coach.

is this good or bad? How would you like him to handle it? (knowing he is a professional athlete)

is this good or bad? How would you like him to handle it? (knowing he is a professional athlete)

Probably good. Not very genuine. If he's right, he can be as dishonest as he wants. What do I care about Blatt?

GM is the one that needed to be fired giving away Wiggins for Love...Not only is Love the worst of the Cavs bigs in defending the PnR he also is the worst offensively between him, Mozgov, and TT.

Also drafted Sir Dominic Pointer who sux and Joe Harris who can't guard anyone.

Arizonakid and teed being right about Wiggins is a nightmare.

Remember when the Heat wanted to fire Spo? Well they didn't and he went on to win a couple ships. I think these Cav players need to look at themselves a little and see what they can do better.

blatt.jpg

Gonna be a good pick up for a young squad looking to build. Pelicans should make that phone call.

Tyronn lue accepted 3 year contract with cavs lol this was the plan all along or what cavs ain't winning no ship

Remember when the Heat wanted to fire Spo? Well they didn't and he went on to win a couple ships. I think these Cav players need to look at themselves a little and see what they can do better.

The Warriors are a monster. Bron picked the right conference, but he didn't anticipate the Spurs being ageless or the Warriors emerging as a potential dynasty.

Don't think any coach can fix Love's defense.

He should be in the post. He can't stay with anyone, but he can rebound. Blatt forgot what he can do, maybe he'll fit a little better now. Most teams have some slow clods, they just don't stick out like sore thumbs.

I don't like the move in general. Don't want Blatt to coach, fire him in the summer. Never understood firing a coach on a winning team, in the middle of the season...

All started here, never leave LeCramps hanging...

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ebbrdIxdlbV/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script

I wonder, who will coach the Eastern AS team now? Lue? Casey?

Was there a case before in history that a coach that was suppose to be coaching ASG game got fired before?

Love can't play the post with Lebron. When has Lebron ever played with 2 traditional post guys on the court? He needs spacing. Bosh turned into a 3 point shooter. Jamison before that on the Cavs... Etc. They should trade Love for Ryan Anderson.

Back