David Ash reportedly out for UT/iowa state.

10/02 05:40 AM PDT

College Football

GAME #303-304

Texas - QB David Ash (Concussion) is downgraded to expected to miss Thursday vs. Iowa State

Chip Brown at orangebloods reporting that case mccoy is starting.

I imagine you'll see Swoopes quite a bit. Brown has no reason to hold him out now. It's not like he is saving anything for '14, when he won't be here. Besides, if Ash is out for an extended period, it would be stupid (even for Brown) to give Swoopes his first snaps in the Cotton Bowl.

I imagine you'll see Swoopes quite a bit. Brown has no reason to hold him out now. It's not like he is saving anything for '14, when he won't be here. Besides, if Ash is out for an extended period, it would be stupid (even for Brown) to give Swoopes his first snaps in the Cotton Bowl.

yep, hearin the same thing about swoopes.

BTW....every year I talk myself into UT as a dog against OU....someone kill me if I do it again this year.

The more I think about this game, the more I like the under (on it for two units already). McCoy sucks and the Cyclones can gameplan knowing he will be playing. That limits the amount of the field the UT offense can attack.

With a bye week, Robinson will be able to focus even more on getting his stuff in, and big gains should be seen this week.

On top of it all, there might be some weather issues that would only cause more issues for the offenses.

Add it all together and I think it's a strong play.

The more I think about this game, the more I like the under (on it for two units already). McCoy sucks and the Cyclones can gameplan knowing he will be playing. That limits the amount of the field the UT offense can attack.

With a bye week, Robinson will be able to focus even more on getting his stuff in, and big gains should be seen this week.

On top of it all, there might be some weather issues that would only cause more issues for the offenses.

Add it all together and I think it's a strong play.

Perhaps. But we saw what happened last year when Hicks went down. And this year's defense is shaky to begin with. Losing Hicks is and will be very big.

i can't justify any under bet w/this defense. especially with the tim cole starting. can't do it.

Back