Darren Sharper raped me.........

Coverdatspred

Curious About George Costanza‘s Modeling Career
:announce:

Former NFL superstar Darren Sharper -- a 5-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champ -- has been arrested in L.A. on suspicion of rape ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the 38-year-old was arrested on Friday -- and he's been linked to 2 sexual assaults ... one that occurred in Oct. 2013 and the other in January 2014.

The identity of the alleged victim or victims has not been released.

Sharper was booked at an L.A. jail -- and was released on $200k bail.

Sharper -- a hard-hitting safety who played for the Packers, Vikings and Saints -- is currently an analyst for the NFL Network.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/17/darren-sharper-arrested-for-rape/#ixzz2qlnHMEQz

Hookers in LA can't be that expensive, why not take out the risk? Lol. What an idiot.

a broad just has to be mad at you ... they know the power they hold with this card or the assault card. even if you didn't do anything you're most likely going to get arrested, story in newspaper and have to prove your innocence.

the public shouldn't have the right to know about accusations ... they should just have the right to know when someone is convicted.

a broad just has to be mad at you ... they know the power they hold with this card or the assault card. even if you didn't do anything you're most likely going to get arrested, story in newspaper and have to prove your innocence.

the public shouldn't have the right to know about accusations ... they should just have the right to know when someone is convicted.

Exactly

To be fair ... he has separate accusations from women living in different cities. Not bueno. He hit the anti-lottery if he managed to get separate women living in separate cities to make false accusations against him. The good news is that he is in Los Angeles where if you are an over-rated athlete, you are allowed to rape people.

In a perfect world we could have a transparent justice system and have the accused and victim with their names redacted from accusations until such a point that the case was resolved. I think a closed justice system is a more dangerous thing to both society as a whole and to individuals accused of crimes they didn't commit though than the harm that comes from criminals falsely accusing innocent people. Unfortunately, once a name is tainted ( heheh he said taint ) that guy is going to have to live with the stigma regardless of innocence. Even though no charges were ever brought against Winston, there will be a good number of people who look at him and think he is a rapist.

To be fair ... he has separate accusations from women living in different cities. Not bueno. He hit the anti-lottery if he managed to get separate women living in separate cities to make false accusations against him. The good news is that he is in Los Angeles where if you are an over-rated athlete, you are allowed to rape people.

There it is

Well, at least you are making strides, VK, as there is no mention of "Colorado". :shake:

CTG. Where the trod upon rights of men charged with multiple rapes are a very serious matter.

College and professional athletes are far more likely to be arrested and indicted on rape than the average person, but they are also far more likely not to be convicted than the average person. The average person doesn't have the resources to defend them self like the college or professional athlete. Not to mention the collegiate or professional athlete will get the backing of their teammates as rape is always a you vs them he said/she said thing. In the end, it's hard to prove rape on that alone when these girls voluntarily come to the "den" of an athlete's party. A jury is far less likely to convict.

And they are also more likely to be falsely accused. It is rare you get damning evidence ( like the perpetrators interview with police, timely victim rape kit, corroborated story of the victim from others, admission of wrongdoing by the perpetrator of the crime, etc -- as we have in at least one notable athlete case ) in a pile to make the decision incredibly easy and that is why Rape is a tough one to prove.

Women may delay in getting medically examined, may not come forward at all, may have bad memories as a result of being traumatized, may not have their story corroborated by others, may not get a police interview with the rapist, may fear retribution for coming forward, may fear stigma to coming forward, or may have a sexual past that others will use against them ...etc etc etc ... It isn't an easy thing to prove if the victim misses a step or is not brave enough to go through the process. Then .. in the case of the rich rapist .... it is often in the interest of the victim to just take the money and save themselves the torture of it all for what might not be a Just result anyway. Which, some might consider selfish ( the rapist is still on the loose ) but it is hard to put yourself in those shoes.

College and professional athletes are far more likely to be arrested and indicted on rape than the average person, but they are also far more likely not to be convicted than the average person. The average person doesn't have the resources to defend them self like the college or professional athlete. Not to mention the collegiate or professional athlete will get the backing of their teammates as rape is always a you vs them he said/she said thing. In the end, it's hard to prove rape on that alone when these girls voluntarily come to the "den" of an athlete's party. A jury is far less likely to convict.

where is the proof of this?

where is the proof of this?

The System - The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time college Football

it is a book that came out right before the start of this past season. I posted its release in the GD section back then.

Researchers studied 217 criminal complaints of felony assault attributed to collegiate and professional athletes from 1985-1996. The outcome in those cases was compared with with national arrests and conviction rates for sexual assault. Two key findings emerged:

1.) A criminal complaint against a college or pro athlete for sexual assault are far more likely to result in arrest and in an indictment.

2.) Athletes are significantly less likely to be convicted.

Since he hasn't been a professional athlete in years, a more relevant study would be the conviction rate of dudes charged or under investigation for multiple rapes.

The System - The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time college Football

it is a book that came out right before the start of this past season. I posted its release in the GD section back then.

Researchers studied 217 criminal complaints of felony assault attributed to collegiate and professional athletes from 1985-1996. The outcome in those cases was compared with with national arrests and conviction rates for sexual assault. Two key findings emerged:

1.) A criminal complaint against a college or pro athlete for sexual assault are far more likely to result in arrest and in an indictment.

2.) Athletes are significantly less likely to be convicted.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the two though ... I mean ... if the threshold investigators use to decide whether to prosecute or not is lower for the college or pro athlete compared to the average citizen then it would make sense that they are less likely to be convicted ( beyond the advantages of wealth/fame ).

I wonder if there is a correlation between the two though ... I mean ... if the threshold investigators use to decide whether to prosecute or not is lower for the college or pro athlete compared to the average citizen then it would make sense that they are less likely to be convicted ( beyond the advantages of wealth/fame ).

Yea ... It's like you said earlier .... It's hard to prove rape. The more money you have (the professional athlete and the big time donor who will do the pro bono job) the better your lawyer and the more holes they'll poke. The prosecutor won't be able to push that lawyer around either. It is what it is. I just felt like posting something a little different. I believe this Sharper incident will be in that small % of actual convictions.

I was surprised at the guilty plea, but I'd assume he will rat on others for a reduced sentence. Even so, I don't see how he escapes a few years of jail time.

Short story ... Sharper's legal team seems to have worked a miracle. He could have gotten 2 life sentences in Nevada alone. On top of that, people convicted of rape typically do 85% or more of their sentence, and he's doing only 50%.

Gorgy's theory is he's going to rat out his crew of rapists.

See her, if this was a BLACK MAN the long dick of the law would be fuckin him over right now!!!! This country's racist!

Looks like he got 9 years damn

Yeah, he's lucky to have gotten only that. It seems the reason he entered guilty pleas in each state is so that his sentences would run concurrent. Talk about making out like a bandit....he faced a decade-ish for each count in each state. Looks like he's only going to get 9 years total....we shall see when the other states sentence him, but that's what it looks like based on the plea deal he made.

Back