Dare take the Unders tonight?

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Will this field be laced with paint and or Vaseline or whatever it is they do so players can't stay on their feet?
When Oregon played Auburn for the championship a few years ago with a total in the 70's, from the opening kickoff players were slipping all over the place. I'm 100% guessing but I think we see the same thing tonight. Taking the under when Oregon is snapping the ball every other second is torture, but if Urban Meyer has his way, he'll want to shorten the game with a steady diet of running. I think he'll want to beat this team up at the line of scrimmage to dictate this game. Look at how poorly FSU played and the score was still 18-11 at halftime.
ive watched a lot of Pac 12 and Oregon Duck football and I still think they're waaaay overrated.

I want to enjoy this game. Betting this total would keep me stressed all night. Its impossible to tackle Cardale anyway. . .
I agree 100%. I do think these defenses can get some stops although enjoying this game is more to see the style of these 2 teams go at it offensively.

so many first downs, the clock is going to be stopped so much. thats why i cant do this. i do think the kids may be nervious at first, but idk, i just cant put myself in a position to be upset if its a great 47-44 score

Always find it amazing when a total is set in the 70's and rarely come close to going over in a championship game. That 4th quarter really becomes conservative to preserve the win.

Grats if you took it ... but there was over 1000 yards of offense in that game. That is the thing with totals that high .. they can't handle many turnovers in scoring areas. In this case, 4 of the 5 turnovers hurt pts being scored and there was a goal line stand to boot. Still managed 62. Not saying that the over was the correct side, you can't expect a perfect game from the offense.... but despite cashing, pretty sure under was not something many people would invest in again at the same number

Grats if you took it ... but there was over 1000 yards of offense in that game. That is the thing with totals that high .. they can't handle many turnovers in scoring areas. In this case, 4 of the 5 turnovers hurt pts being scored and there was a goal line stand to boot. Still managed 62. Not saying that the over was the correct side, you can't expect a perfect game from the offense.... but despite cashing, pretty sure under was not something many people would invest in again at the same number
:shake:

I didn't take the unders only because I hate handcuffing myself in a big game. The halftime score was 21-10 which still is 42 points away from the total. Not exactly what I would call the right side when 1 offense wasn't lighting up the scoreboard. You need 2 teams to reach the 70's and the way Oregon was playing, it looked impossible to reach the total from the 1st half? They scored 1 TD the rest of the way.

Ive taken the unders before in big games and it becomes torture instead of enjoyable even though the under seems like the right side. I could write a book on the biggest wager of my life which was an under in a Super Bowl that I won by a 1.5pts. I never have seen the last 10 minutes of that game.

Yes it was going to be difficult at halftime at 21-10 but there might well should have been 50+ by halftime. I had an over, bad number so I needed more than 42 and thought it fairly doable. All cap different, for me over 1000 yards equals over 70 pts though. And having watched it, I would go over at the same number I took previously. So given that I felt I was still in it at half, and given the first half had at least 17 less pts than it should, have to think breaking a century happens a decent number of times in a hundred games there. But that is just me, and it works for me. You may be better at figuring out turnovers or what part ot tje field they will happen at than me

Oregon was -6 at halftime Wise with a total in the high thirties... seems market thought it was not only possible for ducks to score but probable.

I too had the over and really did not feel out of it until about 9 min left in the game. Kudos to the Buck's D. Magnificent gameplan. Exposed the Oregon offense from start to finish. Just prayed for some garbage TDs late from the Ducks. You had the right dide Wise, but CC is correct. 3 Buck stops in the red zone and multiple turnovers from tOSU while in position to score (receiver fumbling while attempting to get extra yardage, Jones pulling a Jameis, and a turnover on downs inside the 5). Game COULDA gone over with relative ease, but didn't. Congrats on your victory.

I guess the angle I'm taking on this as someone who has watched a lot of Oregon games is, when they are behind and have struggled to score for an entire half, I had no confidence in them to rebound. They have a one way approach. They rarely will adjust or have the capability to adjust when they're losing. They've shown to have no answer once a team has them figured out. With Oregon at 10 points going into the 2nd half, I didn't see them figuring it out. They only added 10 more points in the 2nd half while not being able to slow down OSU.

I guess the angle I'm taking on this as someone who has watched a lot of Oregon games is, when they are behind and have struggled to score for an entire half, I had no confidence in them to rebound. They have a one way approach. They rarely will adjust or have the capability to adjust when they're losing. They've shown to have no answer once a team has them figured out. With Oregon at 10 points going into the 2nd half, I didn't see them figuring it out. They only added 10 more points in the 2nd half while not being able to slow down OSU.

True, but no one could know this before the game starts. Your points are may be correct, but they're only valid after you've watched a half of football.

It actually turns out the premise is not true.

Oregon halftimes

MSU 24 Oregon 18 .... Oregon goes on to win by 19!
Oregon was shut out in the first quarter against Wyoming and trailed 7-0. They went on to win 49-14
They were tied 21-21 against WashST and went on to win 38-31
They led Zona 7-3 at halftime and went on to lose but did score 17 after halftime.
They led fsu 18-13 and went on to win 59-20

So there wasn't a single instance of falling behind at the half and losing a game all year. There was not a single instance of not scoring early and then continuing to not score in the second half all year (at least 17 in all cases). And they were not held to 20 pts or less all year .... not once. Meaning anything less than 24 pts (two second half tds and extra pts) was completely new ground. They played two defenses rated higher than where ohio state finished the season and scored 45 and 46 on them respectively.

Premise is wrong but result was correct. I hate going over numbers that big. One six or seven minute empty drive is hard to overcome.

Back