D'Antoni resigns..

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Mike D'Antoni has resigned as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources.
D'Antoni was under contract for one more season at $4 million. The Lakers held a $4 million team option on him for 2015-16.
Los Angeles went 27-55 this season, its first full campaign under D'Antoni. The Lakers posted the second-worst winning percentage (.329) in team history, the worst 82-game record in team history and their lowest win total since the franchise relocated from Minnesota.

he was entering the final year of his contract and didn't want to be a lame duck coach. You can't do this when your system hasn't worked during your last two jobs. idiot.

probably end up in Minny lol

Maybe he was making a moral stand ...... he saw there was a rapist on the team, walked to the middle of the court in his black socks and took his jacket off at center court.

I couldn't resist

Just a very strange response from someone in the business that Magic is in. I think he is turning into a dick ... which means he will like himself more if the 13,876,424 rumors of his preferences are true.

can't stand magic. ESPN and Mike Wilbon act like he's the 2nd coming. Guy was a good player. Got the AIDS, and now he takes himself way too seriously, and half the analysis he made while he was on NBA Countdown made no fucking sense. Fuck this guy and his mother. Charles is the man.

seems like his ego went out of control once he became a Dodger owner. Pretty dick tweet about D'antonio

His rips of the Lakers have gone a little overboard. No way he would say this stuff if Jerry Buss was still alive, but then again the Lakers probably aren't in the situation they are in if Buss Sr is still alive

Magic Johnson is just saying what the vast majority of people are thinking lol.

I really don't understand why teams keep thinking that D'antonis system can be successful

Magic said what we all as Lakers fans think.

I don't know how on earth was it even a question...

Kobe doesn't want him and you just gave him huge contract.

All Lakers big guys don't want him - Gasol, Hill and Kaman (that will be gone anyway).

What Mike did was simply mind blowing... He did a terrible job for two years, still, for some strange reason, Lakers thought of keeping him and he demanded that they not only keep him, but use their option for the fourth year...

As if what he did in the first two years, made him deserve that fourth year's option...

Give me a break!

Kupchak should be the next to go but sadly that day will not come has he recently signed a multi-year extension...I think he has done a terrible job over the past few years with the Lakers.

My pick for coach is George Karl!

Good for him to resign...he was never taking that team anywhere with his system.

Magic...what a fukn prick. As I said in the 90 page thread about Sterling...Magic is a prick! He's a dick and likes dick like his son! Thats how he got aids in the first place I think..

Shaw will have Kobe's support, but what have he done in his one season as head coach, to deserve such a promotion (and yes, I consider that a promotion)?

I liked him as well, but his season in Denver made me think there are better candidates out there for the Lakers...

I don't get why Ollie is even mentioned...

Shouldn't he get some coaching experience before even being mentioned?...

I liked him as well, but his season in Denver made me think there are better candidates out there for the Lakers...

Horrible way to look at it...
Look at the players he had to coach....1 year doesn't make a career...

Ollie is "hot" at the moment. ESPN was reporting it. Even though I bashed Buds in an earlier post. Might make sense to look at an assistant being groomed by a legend, i.e. Pops

Not really into college guys to pros but I do like Sheehan on the Celtics.

What about Stan Van Gundy? Or is he too polarizing.

Even if he ends up sucking as a an x and o coach Shabazz has guaranteed Ollie several more years at Uconn

Back