Dan's MLB Plays for 4/7/07

DanUSC

Cali Wise Guy
Chicago at Milwaukee
Two big time starters in cold weather I like the under in this one. I expect Zambrano to bounce back from his performance on opening day and Ben Sheets looked pretty dominant against the L.A Dodgers. I see a low scoring game.
Under 7.5

L.A Dodgers at San Francisco
I will take the Dodgers today. Bonds is sitting out, the Dodgers have Lowe on the mound, and the Giants have Russ Ortiz on the mound. Ortiz is like a glorified batting practice pitcher. I expect the Dodgers to tee off on him today. Meanwhile I think that Lowe bounces back from his mediocre performance on opening day. I like the Dodgers today.
Dodgers -137

Seattle at Cleveland
I like the Indians to get the win here. They have shown a great offense so far this year and they have their ace on the mound. The Mariners bring Jeff Weaver to mound who is very hittable. I like the Indians here.
Indians -160

Twins at White Sox
I like the over in this game. The White Sox will be able to score some runs off of Carlos Silva who does not have overpowering stuff. Javier Vazquez does not have overpowering stuff either and I think the Twins will score some runs as well. I like the over in this one.
Over 10

Phillies at Marlins
I like the Marlins here simply because of Dontrelle Willis. He has always pitched well against the Phillies, posting a 3.56 ERA and the Phillies have only batted .215 against him. The Marlins have a very talented lineup with plenty of good youngsters. I expect them to get the win at home.
Marlins -113

I'm showing my ignorance here...

but doesn't Miller Park have a retractable roof?

I'm showing my ignorance here...

but doesn't Miller Park have a retractable roof?

Yes, they will be playing under the roof.

SportsNut has some interesting thoughts on this game. Apparently, both Sheets and Zambrano have struggled against the other teams, so this could be an interesting total to consider going opposite the popular thought.

my bad....I forgot about the retractable roof, but I still think Zambrano and Sheets could keep the total below 7.5. Right now it is 2-1 in the top of the 5th inning.

Toronto at Tampa Bay
Both these pitchers Fossum and Ohka are basically batting practice pitchers. Look at how hard Toronto hit Fossum last year. Ohka has been hit hard every where he has been. I look for both teams to have a great day of batting practice at Tropicana Field. It should be a fun game to watch because both these teams have some thunder in their lineup.
Over 10 (Play of the Day)

went 3-2 including cashing my Play of the Day...I also won on the under for the A's and Angels game but I did not post it

Back